Pet Peeves About Co-Workers

roger

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:32 pm
Sometimes he's right, sometimes wrong. I do not seek his input. I used to, of course.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:43 pm
Ha! Very direct and to the point, Roger. Loved the "I used to" line. That says so much -- with just those three words.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 10:07 pm
I had a Hagatha for a boss once. That wasn't her name, but I definitely know what you mean.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:10 am
Glad you survived, Mac 11. Glad I did too!

Well, it's Monday morning. Here we go people, another fun-filled, challenging week!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:49 am
Ok, I need to vent and this seems like the perfect place to do it.

There is a person on my project that drives me nuts. All day long yammering at me with questions about something that he could figure out himself if he just took two minutes. And worse, when I actually answer his question and tell him *exactly* what to do, I find later he half-assed it and only did the part he thought he needed to do. How do I find out? Because his **** doesn't work, and who do you think he starts bugging about it?

I can't freakin' stand another day of it. I've started hiding from him. I'm spending 80% of my time doing his job and 20% doing mine. And my work is harder and there's more of it. I'm about to blow my top!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 12:46 pm
I was given a new laptop for testing purposes. My boss promptly came over and wrote me a nasty note asking why I didn't a lock for it or why I didn't lock it in my desk (when I went to the john). When I pointed out I was simply using what the company provided I was promptly given a chain lock for it.

Still ticked me off. They address the stolen lapstop problem by bandaiding instead of resolving the real issue. I'm on the 7th floor of a private office building with controlled access, for god's sake.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 12:52 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Ok, I need to vent and this seems like the perfect place to do it.

There is a person on my project that drives me nuts. All day long yammering at me with questions about something that he could figure out himself if he just took two minutes. And worse, when I actually answer his question and tell him *exactly* what to do, I find later he half-assed it and only did the part he thought he needed to do. How do I find out? Because his **** doesn't work, and who do you think he starts bugging about it?

I can't freakin' stand another day of it. I've started hiding from him. I'm spending 80% of my time doing his job and 20% doing mine. And my work is harder and there's more of it. I'm about to blow my top!

If you're a direct person, just tell him he's driving you freakin' crazy, and he should go figure it out himself unless he wants to give you a percentage of his paycheck!

If you prefer a passive-aggressive approach, start giving him the wrong instructions on purpose.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 01:25 pm
That's good advice. I've taken to hiding from him mostly. He actually works in a different office, but IMs me all day with questions. I found out from co-workers that when he's not IMing me, he's bugging them. I feel a strange conflict between wanting to help him learn and wanting him to leave me the hell alone.

Plus, a certain amount of teamwork is needed just to get the project going and I don't want to completely cut off the lines of communication. Luckily, the project lead has promised to rein him in. Here's hoping.

cjhsa, I had a somewhat related beef with my previous manager who, having decided that my job did not require a laptop, subsequently gave me holy hell for not getting any work done while on travel (for the company). I have a laptop now...
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:12 pm
FreeDuck, I was just about to suggest that, if this guy is screwing you up with your work, maybe you need to let some of the higher ups know about it. Sounds like they have already noticed and are taking some action, so I'm glad for you. Hope it works!

They're poking the crazy with me today, too. My boss is so antsy for us to get allll of our work done. Then why not leave us the hell alone and let us do it?

Meanwhile, I'm constantly hearing people running up and down, up and down the aisleway near where I sit. It's like everyone has a laser gun up their butt and it's on pulse!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:59 pm
And I'd love -- looove -- to know where this fax machine came from. I'm betting a 1975 Office catalogue with a picture of a guy in a polyester leisure suit on the front cover.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 03:13 pm
I hate people who complain ALL day and do nothing about it. Work related, home related it doesn't matter....talk talk talk talk talk talk talk...SOME of us have work to do!!!

Go BACK to your office and shut the hell up! Mad

There....feel better......ahhhh... Embarrassed
:wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:57 pm
Our studio and gallery space is a long narrow "storefront" near the Bay. At certain times of day and certain times of year, it can get incredibly windy outside our front door. Next to our space is a similarly long and even more narrow hallway with stairs up to the second floor, which is 15 feet above our level.

The upper floors have been renovated, somewhat, recently, and that effort has been accompanied by much noise. Now, though, there are just folks with individual art or craft studios up there.

So what bugs me? Someone will run down the stairs, taking what must be two at a time, CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP, well, you get the idea, and then, about ten seconds later, SLAM!!!!!!!!! as the door whams closed and the building shakes. This is really a delight when you are trying to figure out a design problem.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:58 pm
I'm working my butt off!!!! Which I'm sure will be sooooo appreciated...(sigh).....
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 12:00 pm
My boss is breathing down our necks this week, expecting us to get a ton of work done in about ten minutes......then...he hauls off and buys pizza for everyone for lunch. So how can you hold a grudge? I mean, ....we're talking pizza.....
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:19 pm
Well, here we go, people. Another f***ing week ahead of us.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
0 Replies