Could she be jealous? How could I solve this situation?

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2019 08:16 pm
Hi, I apologize for this long story but I'd like some advice on this situation. So my friendship with a friend recently ended and it came completely from left field. So I've been in Europe studying abroad for about 5 months and decided to plan a gathering for my closest friends and me. One of my friends tells me 3 days before we are scheduled to meet that she invited 5 people that she knew but were unknown to my other friend and me.

I told her that I'd be irritated because they weren't invited and it was only supposed to be us 3. She got mad and stated that she knew it was only supposed to be us 3, but she invited them because she felt that she wouldn't have fun with me. Then she explodes and calls me a bad friend for the following reasons: 1. She stated that I used my car as leverage, 2. I didn't support her at her party despite coming to her party and participating in the events, 3. That I acted like I didn't want to be at a party despite dancing more than she did, and 4. That I'm never happy for her.

I told her that her statement about the car was a fabrication. She stated to me that I said if she didn't leave with me, that I'd leave her. My actual statement was if she did not hurry up, I'd leave. She told me to come to her dorm at 8:30 pm and she was 2 hours late and never gave me an update of her whereabouts. She made it seem like I threatened to leave her stranded in the middle of nowhere. After telling her this, she refused to listen to it and never acknowledged the fact that she was late. I'm not sure what she means about not supporting her at her party. I actually had a good time. My other friend also didn't know what she was talking about. She invited me to a party (the same party she was late for) and we both agreed that we didn't want to be out too late. We get there and she's basically a wallflower, but she swears that I was the one acting like I didn't want to be there. I also told her that the statement about me never being happy for her is completely false. Every time she's done something great, I congratulated her. If she wanted to do something different or out of her element, I'd give her advice on it. Even though these are these

Even after telling her this, she was set on painting me out to be a selfish person. She didn't start acting like this until I went to Europe. She also expected me to rent out a room in an arcade for her and her friends that she invited. She couldn't understand that she made the entire event about herself. How should I handle this situation? She won't listen to anything I say. Is it possible that she may be jealous? Thanks for your help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 663 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2019 08:21 pm
Cut off this relationship. It’s exhausting to even read about what’s going on between you two.

Friendship shouldn't be like this.
0 Replies