FOOD FOR OIL=CASH FOR 'MERICANS

sumac

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:29 pm
So someone on Coleman's committee leaked it? Whoa!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:30 pm
Jeeze, Boss . . . it wasn't leaked, it was issued . . .
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:32 pm
'tis a report, n'est-ce pas?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:36 pm
OK, then, here for an undergraduate course.....
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:53 pm
Setanta wrote:
The "story" does not come from any "Democratic investigation committee," because the Republicans control the Senate, and therefore, all of the committees. The Guardian article states that a Democratic staffer released the report--but that is just bad reporting on their part. The evidence comes from the report of the permanent subcommittee on investigations of the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

The report of the permanent subcommitte on investigations of the United States Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs (PDF format)

This is actually a link to the BBC, but in testing, i have found it loads faster than the Senate web site. The two versions are identical.

Happy reading . . .

uhm....

Set, wasn't it this report, released on May 17 by the minority staff of the subcommittee? Your BBC link links to a different report, I believe....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:04 pm
Good work, Boss, you got me on that one . . .
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:10 pm
yep.

Will go to bed now. Am curious if it'll get any coverage by, say, Monday?

Bon nuit!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:14 pm
bonne nuit, Boss, bonne nuit . . . that there word's a girl . . .
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:15 pm
My French sucks. Nacht!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:27 pm
Bis morgen.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:38 pm
Baldimo wrote:
I won't be able to respond till after 0200 MST. That is the time frame in which Bill is on here. I will respond after that. Laughing

I will be watching to see how this develops. It will be truly sad if this only turns into a big story because of supposed US involvement.

No, I would think that you would consider this to be a happy event, Baldimo. It isn't really so much a question of guilt or innocence at this point, investigations must run their course, no one denies that. I'm more than happy to see these things decided by FACTS.

So that leads us to what the issue is at this moment. It's the HYPOCRISY. That is why there is such a deafening silence from the US and the US media. When you're desperately trying to yank your pants up from around your ankles, words often fail.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:01 pm
JTT wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
I won't be able to respond till after 0200 MST. That is the time frame in which Bill is on here. I will respond after that. Laughing

I will be watching to see how this develops. It will be truly sad if this only turns into a big story because of supposed US involvement.

No, I would think that you would consider this to be a happy event, Baldimo. It isn't really so much a question of guilt or innocence at this point, investigations must run their course, no one denies that. I'm more than happy to see these things decided by FACTS.

So that leads us to what the issue is at this moment. It's the HYPOCRISY. That is why there is such a deafening silence from the US and the US media. When you're desperately trying to yank your pants up from around your ankles, words often fail.

I must say that the only news outlet I ever say do any type of real reporting on this was Foxnews. I didn't see CNN or MSNBC do any type of reporting on it besides in passing. I'm refereing to the UN side of the scandle. This is the first I have heard of the US side of the scandle.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:21 pm
Baldimo wrote:

I must say that the only news outlet I ever say do any type of real reporting on this was Foxnews. I didn't see CNN or MSNBC do any type of reporting on it besides in passing. I'm refereing to the UN side of the scandle. This is the first I have heard of the US side of the scandle.

The first time and this report has been out for how long? Was there an agreement among the press that no one would scoop the other on this NEWS? It's even harder to find your voice when everyone's trying to pull up someone else's pants.

How has Fox's coverage been of the US side of the scandal, Baldimo, wide ranging, incisive, indepth or are they following the "We don't report, we let you decide on your own" line of thinking?

Quote:

Baldimo's signature line:
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.

The war in Iraq seems to be a classic case in point.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:32 am
If one has not seen anything about the US side of the scandal, perhaps it is because one is only watching Fox News.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 06:03 am
sumac wrote:
If one has not seen anything about the US side of the scandal, perhaps it is because one is only watching Fox News.

Could you please, if it's not too much trouble, post some links to what you've seen/read, Sumac?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 06:58 am
Will do, unless someone else does first. I have printer problems that have to be addressed at the moment as I have noon postmark at the post office deadline for some rebate money. Damn computer won't print!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:27 am
bump
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:34 pm
A hammer didn't work either. And I haven't watched or read any media either, so I still have no links to put up.
0 Replies