FOOD FOR OIL=CASH FOR 'MERICANS

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:20 am
I have here in my hand (so to speak) a rather interesting article concerning American grafting in the Oil for Food program, which greatly amuses me. I find the allegations very entertaining in particular in view of the scurrilous charges which the permanent subcommitte on investigations of the Senate Committe on Homeland Security and Government Affairs had leveled against George Galloway and Charles Pasqua.

It does rather seem that the American attitude toward the Oil for Food program was a case of "devil take the hindmost" . . .

Guardian article: US 'backed illegal Iraqi oil deals'

So, what do you think, goys and birls . . . blunt weapons only, no sharp, pointy sticks . . .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,850 • Replies: 77
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:24 am
This is a portion of the article, of particular interest:

The Guardian wrote:
In fact, the Senate report found that US oil purchases accounted for 52% of the kickbacks paid to the regime in return for sales of cheap oil - more than the rest of the world put together.

"The United States was not only aware of Iraqi oil sales which violated UN sanctions and provided the bulk of the illicit money Saddam Hussein obtained from circumventing UN sanctions," the report said. "On occasion, the United States actually facilitated the illicit oil sales.

For those who doubt this, here is the subcommittee's report:

The report of the permanent subcommitte on investigations of the United States Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs (PDF format)
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:37 am
The reason for this tempest over "corruption" in the UN Oil for Food program, has nothing to do with moral outrage over corruption at the UN. It is rather moral outrage at the existence of the UN. This is nothing more than an opportunistic means on the part of some interests at further gutting of this institution. So don't look for a sudden fleury of investigatory zeal directed at ourselves.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:39 am
I'm reminded of that saying about pointing one's finger.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:39 am
I certainly don't, Acq, your points are well taken. However, i do enjoy the opportunity to rub the collective nose of the right in their customary hypocricy.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:40 am
Acquiunk wrote:
The reason for this tempest over "corruption" in the UN Oil for Food program, has nothing to do with moral outrage over corruption at the UN. It is rather moral outrage at the existence of the UN. This is nothing more than an opportunistic means on the part of some interests at further gutting of this institution. So don't look for a sudden fleury of investigatory zeal directed at ourselves.

Oh, worse than that, it was a great distraction and an effort to shift the blame of our mistakes to the UN. No WMD? The UN has to go.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:19 am
Does it get coverage in the news?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:20 am
Yeah, no.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:55 am
I don't know whose memory is worse, Setanta, yours or mine. I made a new thread days ago, specificaly on this article, you replied to it.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51832

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. Yours has a much catchier title.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:56 am
**** it all out loud this is scary **** dudes
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:57 am
F...U...C...K... replaces the word
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:57 am
your some physco doggy arf arf
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:58 am
Owwwwwooooooooooo . . . pant, pant, pant . . .
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:01 am
JTT wrote:
I don't know whose memory is worse, Setanta, yours or mine. I made a new thread days ago, specificaly on this article, you replied to it.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51832

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. Yours has a much catchier title.

sweet.

I didn't notice your thread, JTT. Sorry. Still, I find this extremely interesting. Nevertheless, afraid of being called UnAmerican, I will refrain from commenting. For the moment.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:04 am
physco doggy killer LA dea da da da da da da da daaa
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 01:07 pm
I thought that there would be a major backlash to this one, Set............
..maybe they've all got sore throats.

Here...try some of this......

http://k.domaindlx.com/itsmeagain2/G1.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 01:10 pm
<snort>

<giggle>

ahem

<no more cough>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 01:11 pm
Well, Lord GodHelpUsAll, this is one of those cases in which i rather suspect the right know they're gonna get shot down if they stick their heads up. I was willing to give it a try, but i'll warrant no conservatives are going to want to discuss this.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 01:13 pm
The usual suspects seem awfully reticent don't they.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 01:14 pm
< maybe you can just pop a link into any thread that peripherally mentions the UN SCAAAAAAAAAAAANDAL >

hehehehehehe
0 Replies