International ID Card

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:20 am
Illegal immigration in Central New York isn't as much a problem as it is in other parts of the country. We have a rather large population of legal immigrants and refugees though. But I am glad to have them.

The few illegal Canadians I see around here are mostly passing me on the highway going 90mph.

I was in Palm Springs a few weeks ago and every person on the house keeping staff spoke spanish and were hispanic. I wonder what percentage of them were illegal.

Contrary to what Cycloptichorn and his ilk :wink: would have you believe, I feel America is a very free couontry and must remain so. I do not believe we need walls around our country, nor do I believe every illegal immigrant should be immediately kicked out of the country. One of the reasons I am behind the national ID idea is that it will make getting government benefits much more difficult if you do not have an ID.

Think about that. No free healthcare without ID. No welfare check without ID. Imagine the money that could potentially save the government.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:25 am
Quote:
Think about that. No free healthcare without ID. No welfare check without ID. Imagine the money that could potentially save the government.

My ilk, lol

I don't think you are against Ameirca being Free at all, McG. Despite our political differences I believe you are a stand-up guy and have the right interests at heart.

I just don't think you are fully aware of the problems such a system could cause.... I advise great caution, while at the same time understanding that the coming systems of coallation of information and control are inevitable.

As for the 'no free health care,' what makes you think they won't fake these ID's just like any other ID? Because of the chip in it? It's only a matter of time and technology until they figure out how to reprogram the chip/steal someone else's ID right out of the centralized, insecure database/Fool the system into having fake people.

It's a false idea to believe that wide systems such as this will ever be secure. It's the same reason why copy protection doesn't work; for every gov't stooge they pay to secure the thing, there will be thousands of kids figuring out how to break it, and anyone who has spent time learning to program a VCR will tell ya that this is a futile group to compete against.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:54 am
Quote:
I just don't think you are fully aware of the problems such a system could cause....

That's it in the nutshell.

I am more concerned with the problems it WILL solve where as you are more concerned about the problems that COULD arise.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:26 pm
With the way things are now without that ID, I get turned away at the front desk at the Well Fare Office, with just one word or one look. All I can get these days is Free Health Care from County.

Cyclo, thank's for the information about the Systems, I never thought about that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:30 pm
<cyclo McGentrix embrace in a manly but affectionate hug....cue the violins>
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:48 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
<cyclo McGentrix embrace in a manly but affectionate hug....cue the violins>
I would like a hug. :wink:
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:17 pm
<sniff> Nobody ever hugs a small green bug.

How will I ever make CodeSnippets if my ID
is nothing more than a piece of registered plastic?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:24 pm
is there a dna sequence for polyvinyl chloride?
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:20 pm
CodeBorg wrote:
<sniff> Nobody ever hugs a small green bug.

How will I ever make CodeSnippets if my ID
is nothing more than a piece of registered plastic?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/KJVTrue/hug.gif
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:58 pm
Aw thanks, CG!
<hugs>

Say . . . you have the most beautiful fingerprint! Embarrassed
0 Replies