Are there any clubs or crews or any kind of cliques on this site?

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 07:51 pm
Hi. I know on some community sites they have clubs or crews or some other kind of cliques. They have areas on these sites where these groups can discuss things and interact with each other.

Does Able2know have any clubs, or crews any kind of cliques on it?

Is that what the "Groups" section of this site is for? If so, how do I start my own "Group"?

Please let me know- thank you.

roger

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 09:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
That's what the Groups are for, but the last time I looked, they were totally dead. I think they were established for members of forums that were bought out by the a2k ownership. I guess it didn't work.

There used to be two or three hidden, members only subforums. They were ultimately closed. I think it was because they were taking activity away from the main boards.

In other words, I suspect you're out of luck.
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 04:32 am
@JGoldman10,
I am intensely curious about something I noticed: How is it that after more than 9 years of your off-and-on participation on the forum you don’t know the answer to the these sort of questions (posting links to images, moderators and groups) you have been posting recently? In the past you had spent years here on the forum and now it seems that you have no familiarity with the basics of how it works.

Is your memory really that leaky? If so how do you expect to retain all of the info that you’re trying to learn about vocational online applications?
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 08:26 am
@JGoldman10,
how you doing with those comics you were going to draw??
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 09:24 am
@Ragman,
Over a decade is a long time. I forgot about this site to be honest. I left this site a long time ago, because I fed up with a lot of the persecution, condemnation, beratement and abuse. A whole bunch of TROLLS left a nasty taste in my mouth. It wasn't just the negativity of the regular patrons of this site I got tired of being subjected to, some of the negativity came from some of the site staff members too if I remember right.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 09:26 am
@roger,
Thank you Roger. There ought to be more Groups, like a Math one, or a Science one, or an Art one, or a Writing one, a Comics one, an Animation one, one for Christianity, and so on.

More Groups pertaining to particular subjects of interest.
chai2

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 09:45 am
Every year, and I mean Every Year since I was 17 years old I've had to renew my car registration/inspection and all that stuff.

Every damn year since I was 17, and I'm 60 now, I completely forget how I'm supposed to do it.

For the life of me, from one visit to the next, I can never remember the name of my doctors nurse when I see her. I go probably a couple of times a year, and the doctor and nurse have both been there for years.

Every 6 months I have to renew my Mexican temporary visa and car permit.
Every time I show up and the aduna, I have to get someone to remind me the the 3 steps I have to do. That's partly because every time I walk in there, they seem to have set up a diffferent system.

Would some people like to cut goldman a frigging break already?

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 10:01 am
@chai2,
Thank you. I LEAVE sites when I don't like how I was being treated and I have a tendency to FORGET about them.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 10:06 am
@chai2,
Maybe *you two* should form a club.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 10:14 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Thank you Roger. There ought to be more Groups, like a Math one, or a Science one, or an Art one, or a Writing one, a Comics one, an Animation one, one for Christianity, and so on.

More Groups pertaining to particular subjects of interest.

This isn't Facebook where the population is in literal billions and populating groups (of various sizes, subjects, and tones/temperaments) would be pretty straight forward and justifiable.

Groups wouldn't work for a forum like this. Especially since your asking for a dozen of them. You're not going to get the amount of activity and enrollment numbers that would justify the effort for a2k to completely start reprogramming the entire site needed to get this started or maintain its viability once it's put live into the world.

a2k had two groups [one nursing and one about ... a former cult and its surviving members] but they were closer to sister forums than what youi might conceive to be as a group. They (as far as I witnessed .. out of morbid curiosity and in a very limited anecdotal way) really were less active in terms of posts and new members than the regular storefront that is a2k.

I'm also suspecting you would like to be an admin to govern these specific groups?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 10:40 am
@tsarstepan,
I don't care about Facebook. They have clubs and crews and cliques or special groups on sites like DeviantArt and Newgrounds.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 11:16 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I don't care about Facebook. They have clubs and crews and cliques or special groups on sites like DeviantArt and Newgrounds.

But a2k literally isn't DeviantArt and Newgrounds. They are ad supported. We aren't. They are far more image intense driven ... content wise.This is more text. There is also a average age difference between these disparate forum types.

You may have forgotten a lot from your last time being active here. But you couldn't have forgotten that this is still a mostly text based forum? Despite your wanting it to be thus? This will never be in any fashion a more suitable version of DeviantArt and Newgrounds to your temperament and sensibilities.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 11:18 am
@tsarstepan,
Sigh- whatever man.
coluber2001

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 12:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
Hells Bells man. Do whatever you want on this site. Make of it what you will. I like to post a lot of images myself. Welcome come back at any rate. We need all the members we can get. The main difference between this present site and the way it used to be is the lower number of participating membership.

I myself am getting tired of atheists versus fundamentalists and Trump lovers vs. Trump haters. There's got to be more things to talk about than that.
chai2

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 12:46 pm
@Lash,
Not sure what you mean lash?

What does *you two* mean? Like why did you put asterixis around those 2 words, like it had some special meaning? Is there something unusual about *us two*, like we have something in common beyond not remembering stuff sometimes, like every human? Like you don't forget from post to post what you say? I don't think forgeting something warrants forming a club.

Wait, don't bother to reply. I think you would probably just say something with the word "club" or "maybe" in it and act like it was some sort of answer.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 12:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Sigh- whatever man.

No need to "sigh" and "whatever" goldman.

Tsars just telling you the facts.

If this forum doesn't meet your needs, as far as some of your interests, then go to one that does.

Not saying you shouldn't post here as well, but I think it's very clear from your questions, and the answers you've been given, that you're not going to find people with the specialized knowledge you seek here.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 01:51 pm
@chai2,
FWIW, I’m often a forgiving man as I’m well aware that we all have our faults. The history of the OP behavior is well established here but there’s always hope that he has changed and is sensitive to others such as gays and atheists and non-Christians..I’m for supporting someone and giving people the benefit of the doubt when they deserve it. Verbally running gays down and saying they and atheists are going to hell frankly is deplorable.

Furthermore these current crop of tedious questions are a repeat of questions which he repeats in the present as well as the past. My choice is call attention to this behavior. You can choose to ignore it, me or just pass on by my comments. Wishing you a good day.
Lash

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 02:30 pm
My club is restricted to people who are devoted to careful perusal of images of coluber2001.
You have to be *careful* and *devoted*.
I am the president and parliamentarian.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 02:31 pm
@coluber2001,
The group is ready for new images.😏
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 02:36 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

The history of the OP behavior is well established here but there’s always hope that he has changed and is sensitive to....

ragman, as I stated in another post, on another thread where you were asking goldman a number of questions, one after another, about what he as done, that goldman was last here like 10 years ago.

I stated that in 10 years time, particularly when you were the age goldman was 10 years ago (maybe a teenager), it seems there is a big difference in how he presents himself.
I also said I would hate to be so closely compared to everything I was that long ago, and that I didn't think anyone would like that. Everyone changes.

If you're a forgiving person, why do you repeatedly refer back to a time that was the equiv. of a third of his lifetime ago?
I would really hate to think of someone who ran into me when I was 30, treating me like I was 20.

How long does someone have to go without making an insulting comment about a group, before it's accepted they are not doing that?

If you're for forgiving, and supporting someone, why aren't you? When they deserve it? Well, I have seen goldman not doing it since he came back, so since he's a decade older, and seems to be a decade older as far as communication, I think it's deserved.

If it's your choice to call someone on the fact they are repeating questions, it's my choice to suggest you cut the guy some slack, since he's done nothing since coming back that is hurtful to anyone.