How often do you say I love you?

Bekaboo

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:00 am
Cheers for the answer Soz - i was intrigued as some of the kids i used to work with don't speak (not deaf - just severe autism, aspergers etc) but i've never been taught an I love you sign other than hands on heart and mouthing it for the lip readers

And btw yes i am in the UK Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:02 am
Y'all have WEIRD signs!! I lived in London for a bit and tried to learn BSL (BSL? I think so), but the two-handed fingerspelling was really confusing. (Here, all letters are done with one hand.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:03 am
Note -- if you ever meet an ASL user, take care not to sign the letter "G"... Shocked
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:34 am
Hehe well i don't use much BSL since i'm meant to encourage the kids to talk so i only do the basics really...
toilet
drink --> orange or blackcurrant or milk (i love that- it's a cow!!)
party
caravan (cos clearly i need to know that!!)
biscuit, cake
horseriding, trampolining, playing
and then finger spelling for names and stuff!!

Out of interest... how does one sign g??
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:49 am
J_B wrote:
I say it a lot, but I don't know how often. Probably at least two or three times/day to Mr B and each of my children. I also give each girl a kiss on the top of their head as they leave for school each morning because a kiss on the top of the head melts all the way down through to the toes. They're 13 and almost 15 and they still let me get away with it.

I wish I could still see the top of mines heads. (sigh)
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 12:19 pm
i forgot my pooch. i tell him i love him at least a few times a day! if i could figure out how to shrink the pics i would post one!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 12:36 pm
Does anyone think you can say I love you TOO much?
To the point where it looses its meaning?
Mr Wolf and I had that convo before. That it comes so second nature to say I love you, that we take it for granted.
I had the thought that we should NOT say it as much so when you do say it, it catches the other person off guard and they really DO hear it...
or.. am I wierd? ;-)
( hell.. everyone knows im wierd.. hehe )
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 01:15 pm
Shewolf, I think it can be overdone but I also think it depends on the emotional psyche of both the one who says it and the one who hears it. If one of the parties has lost the emotional connection to the relationship they once had, then it becomes 'just words without meaning'. Not necessarily to the one who is saying it, but perhaps to the one who is hearing it.

I'm a full believer in the old adage, "Actions speak louder than words." but I still want to reinforce my actions with the words.

BTW, good to see you. I hope things are going ok with you, Mr Wolf and the Bean.

Squinney, did you mean because they've grown so tall, or because of your vision? I hope it was the former.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 01:21 pm
:-)
things are fine. actually things are great, nice , quiet.. hasnt been this good in a while.
thanks for askin!

Even with the connection , and always DOING tings to show love, I still think that there is / can be an over use. Mechanical responce, if you will.
I completely agree with you and I think that alot of times, people use words to path and substitute actions. Wich is always a horrible thing to do.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 09:07 pm
To my family: we know it anyway, so there's no point. But I do say it to my grandma to get a laugh out of her.

To a certain special guy? Mentally in my head, every single day that I don't see him, to the sky.
0 Replies

cmschmainda

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 05:46 pm
HOW OFTEN DO YOU SAY I LOVE YOU??
Ok... I'm offering my answer and looking for advice at the same time. I've been in a relationship for 6 months (we're exclusively dating one another) and my boyfriend and I say I love you to one another.... I say it about 2 times a day... and he does about once a week. he said it will lose it's shine if the words are spoken every day. I just came out of a 4 year relationship where I heard the words so often that they didn't mean anything anymore - so I totally understand his point... I just don't think every day is too often. What do you all think?
0 Replies