How often do you say I love you?

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 04:40 am
How many times a day do you say I love you?

Who do you say it to?Parents, partner, kids?

When there is no one to say it too do you miss it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,853 • Replies: 30
No top replies

squinney

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 04:50 am
I would have to keep a tally for th next weekish and average them out in order to be accurate.

But a wise guess is 30 times per day.

I say it to my kids as they leave for school, when they get home, while I'm fixing dinner, when passing by, as they sit at their computer, when I leave to get something, when I send them up to bed, again when I remind them it's time for bed, and again when it's getting seriously late for them to be in bed, and again when they really are in bed.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:49 am
That is alot of times!!

Is that average to other readers?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 06:58 am
wow, i say it to my hubby when we leave for work in the morning, whenever we get off the phone all day long, when we get home from work, and before we go to bed. i would say, i tell him i love him about 10 times a day. i would probably say it more if i had kids, but no little dragons just yet.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:32 am
I say it more to my boyfriend than anyone else, although the number of times I say it varies. With my ex it was probably 10 or 15 times a day. With the present one it depends: some days i barely say it somedays it's every second sentence!! I make sure I always tell mum when we leave in the morning and before I go to bed at night.

Apart from that I tend to tell my best friends when they do something lovely or crazy that makes me smile Razz
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:40 am
dragon49 wrote:
wow, i say it to my hubby when we leave for work in the morning, whenever we get off the phone all day long, when we get home from work, and before we go to bed. i would say, i tell him i love him about 10 times a day. i would probably say it more if i had kids, but no little dragons just yet.

That's about where I am too. Except that we often say it at random times as well. Like while watching tv. Just because we feel like saying it. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:46 am
I tell mr wolf I love you , every chance I get.
I use a yahoo messanger to send text messages, I call his office desk and leave I love you messages while he is away, I send short emails, when we see each other, before we go to sleep, before we part, ... wow.. we say it alot. :-)
Little bean hears it just as much. It is part of our conversations through out the day.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:51 am
I can remember saying it to a bf about 5 years ago but since then I cant remember.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:52 am
Hi shewolf!

Yeah, it's got to be a lot. Especially if you throw in the "ILY" (I love you) sign, which we do all the dang time.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:54 am
Ditto squinney's comment. I say I love you so much a day, I could not even keep count. One thing my husband and I like to do to our children (and sometimes to each other) and to say …."Guess What?" and when they say what? We will reply…"I love you." It always brings squeals of laughter and many times they will say …. "Do it again." They have even started it.

Besides that I say I love you whenever I drop them off, leave them, see them again, put them to bed, see them first thing in the morning and then whenever I am cuddling with them - I will kiss them and say, "I love you." - I also do this with my husband.

Before kids and marriage, I probably said it less than once a day.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:59 am
I say it all the time. Too often to count. I say it most often to my husband and children (even if one of them isn't around to hear it), and to my doggies. I also say it to random animals (wildlife).
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:00 am
There's an "i love you" sign??

Oh wait i remember you talking about teaching soz sign language... but then i was never sure if that was for fun or cos somebody in your house is deaf...

And Linkat... i do the "Guess what?" thing too Razz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:04 am
C'est moi.

Bekaboo, where do you live again? I have an impression it's the UK but I'm not sure. If so, there isn't any particular "I love you" sign (that I know of anyway), since the letters are different.

This is the ASL sign:

http://www.visuelles-denken.de/Bilder/ily.png

It's just a combination of the letters -- "i" is pinky only, "l" is thumb and pointer only, "y" is thumb and pinky only.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:06 am
Exactly like our house, Linkat.

When the kids started talking I would say I love you, then somewhere along the way they started saying I love you more, then I say I love you twice as much, and then they say I love you more than that, then I say I love you infinity, and then they say You can't love me that much! and then I say uh huh, and they say Then I love you infinity plus one.

This follows the same pattern but changes depending on who says it first, so it became a contest to see who would start so they could get the infinity plus one line at the end and be the "winner."

Bear and I also exchange a lot of I love you's throughout the day.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:11 am
Oh, yeah. The dog. I say it to the dog alot too.

When the kids were babies I sang:

I love you, (name)
Oh, yes I do.
I don't love anyone
Like I love you.
When you're not near me
I'm blue.
Oh, (name) I love you.

Now I sing it to the dog.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:24 am
squinney wrote:
When the kids started talking I would say I love you, then somewhere along the way they started saying I love you more, then I say I love you twice as much, and then they say I love you more than that, then I say I love you infiniti, and then they say You can't love me that much! and then I say uh huh, and they say Then I love you infiniti plus one.

I love my car too, squinney! Even though it's not an Infiniti.

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/ag/infiniti_fx45_awd_2005_exterior_2_346x270.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:32 am
Uh, thanks, Syn.

Embarrassed

I corrected it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:35 am
Sozobe, Im sure last time I saw that sign Crocodile Dundee was hypnotizing a buffalo blocking the road!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:49 am
Squinney, it was so cute. I couldn't resist.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:54 am
I say it a lot, but I don't know how often. Probably at least two or three times/day to Mr B and each of my children. I also give each girl a kiss on the top of their head as they leave for school each morning because a kiss on the top of the head melts all the way down through to the toes. They're 13 and almost 15 and they still let me get away with it.
0 Replies