Did God Create Him/Herself?

puglia

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 11:39 pm
Brandon, With all due respect. I hear you. I will have to do some digging but I will come up with the source. It is more recent than you are thinking. Progression is the goal of science. You have spent a great deal of time focusing your annoyances. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sure the PHD chief of staff of physics who I will name, from a major university such as Stanford. Would do well to listen to you. He might learn something.

Thank You
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 11:46 pm
puglia wrote:
Brandon, With all due respect. I hear you. I will have to do some digging but I will come up with the source. It is more recent than you are thinking. Progression is the goal of science. You have spent a great deal of time focusing your annoyances. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sure the PHD chief of staff of physics who I will name, from a major university such as Stanford. Would do well to listen to you. He might learn something.

Thank You

Post the citation or don't. The posturing is irrelevant fluff. Just for the record, they're called department heads.
0 Replies

puglia

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:09 am
I will post tomorrow with the cite.

I am sorry to keep you hanging. Please dont try to build a case for your superiority. It wont fly with me youngster. I have spent 20 years building a successful business, that does not make me an expert in business, nor does it make me an expert in my field. It simply means I have made the correct series of decisions in a repetitive manner with positive results.

It seems to me that most of the minds on this thread are quite young and are only beginning to make decisions in life. Knowledge without experience is like a knife and fork without hands to hold them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:12 am
Oh yeah, me, i'm just a kid . . . i was only born the other day, when Harry Truman was president . . .
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:59 am
puglia wrote:
Knowledge without experience is like a knife and fork without hands to hold them.

good 'un.

What are handed down and politically edited words in a book without any evidence to support the words like?
0 Replies

puglia

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:02 am
That depends what book you mean. The bible is read and believed by more people than any other book, yet little can be proven in fact.

How would you explain that "UN"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:09 am
puglia wrote:
The bible is read and believed by more people than any other book, yet little can be proven in fact.

This is a statement from authority, and authority we have no reason to assume you possess. Of all of the versions of that document available, to which do you refer? How many people do you assert "believe" that particular version, and what precisely do you mean when you say believe? Do they believe it allegorically, do they believe it inferentially, do they believe it literally? Of the more than six billion people on the planet, with what confidence can you assert that no other book is "read and believed" by an equal or greater number than those whom you contend "read and believe" the version of the bible to which you refer?

So many questions, so few unambiguous, non-evasive answers.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:27 am
puglia wrote:
I will post tomorrow with the cite.

I am sorry to keep you hanging. Please dont try to build a case for your superiority. It wont fly with me youngster. I have spent 20 years building a successful business, that does not make me an expert in business, nor does it make me an expert in my field. It simply means I have made the correct series of decisions in a repetitive manner with positive results.

It seems to me that most of the minds on this thread are quite young and are only beginning to make decisions in life. Knowledge without experience is like a knife and fork without hands to hold them.

Post a citation to support your false claim about Quantum Mechanics, and stop telling me how smart you are.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:32 am
Setanta wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
You're giving me too much credit. When selecting a vocation, most people probably just take the path of least resistance. I realized very early in my life that for me, it was science/math/logic/programming etc. I have to believe that it would be the same for history, music, or any other subject. When you've sat through dozens of courses, and worked thousands of homework problems to gain a little understanding, you really don't take kindly to people presenting a lot of uninformed musing as fact.

You've got that right. You may well imagine, then, how i react to people retailing historical fairy tales, after i've spent my life reading in the hope of gaining just a little insight.

Oh, I didn't see this post last night. Yes, that's it exactly.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:38 am
Brandon, are you familiar with Velikovsky, World's in Collision? With the so-called theory of catastrophism? It developed last night, after you left, that Puglia is very likely a devoté of an L Ron Hubbard/Scientology-like cult which uses those as a part of its mumbo-jumbo. All very amusing--and revealing.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:01 am
Puglia is certainly a pharisee of pontifical prestidigitation.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:17 am
Setanta wrote:
Brandon, are you familiar with Velikovsky, World's in Collision? With the so-called theory of catastrophism? It developed last night, after you left, that Puglia is very likely a devoté of an L Ron Hubbard/Scientology-like cult which uses those as a part of its mumbo-jumbo. All very amusing--and revealing.

I became aware of him when I was about 13 or 14. If I remember correctly, rather than using science, he bases his theories on ancient writings. That sounds kind of familiar.

I guess that everyone wants answers, and most people would love to have powerful, arcane knowledge, but most people don't have the discipline to do the real work to obtain them, opting instead for the easy, false answer.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:21 am
Very much to the point, Boss--which is why someone like Velikovsky can pull off his scam. Carl Sagan commented that he knew his astronomy was crap, but was impressed with his knowledge of ancient middle-eastern history and literature. He then recounts how he was conversing with an historian, and when the topic of Velikovsky came up, the historian said he was impressed with Velikovsky's knowledge of astronomy, but his historical and literary references were crap. But no one will ever go broke, trading upon the credulous.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:39 pm
Setanta wrote:
Very much to the point, Boss--which is why someone like Velikovsky can pull off his scam. Carl Sagan commented that he knew his astronomy was crap, but was impressed with his knowledge of ancient middle-eastern history and literature. He then recounts how he was conversing with an historian, and when the topic of Velikovsky came up, the historian said he was impressed with Velikovsky's knowledge of astronomy, but his historical and literary references were crap. But no one will ever go broke, trading upon the credulous.

Agreed. The trick, Boss, when trying to figure out what is true and what is false, is to be objective, and never to let your hopes or fears influence your conclusions - at all. This is certainly the most effective way of learning the truth, but most people cannot remove hopes and fears from the process. Do I like the fact that my reason tells me that the body is a machine, and that when you're dead, you're dead? No, I would much rather believe what the religious believe, that I won't really die, and that most of my enemies will be punished. However, the relative attractiveness of the alternatives can play no role in assessing which one the evidence points to.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:26 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Do I like the fact that my reason tells me that the body is a machine, and that when you're dead, you're dead? No, I would much rather believe what the religious believe, that I won't really die. . .
About this much, you may be interested to know that the priesthood has worked hard to conceal your mortality. The bible is clear: when you're dead, you're dead. And it was Satan who averred that you would not really die. Just a 2 Cents which may or may not mean much.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:38 pm
neologist wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Do I like the fact that my reason tells me that the body is a machine, and that when you're dead, you're dead? No, I would much rather believe what the religious believe, that I won't really die. . .
About this much, you may be interested to know that the priesthood has worked hard to conceal your mortality. The bible is clear: when you're dead, you're dead. And it was Satan who averred that you would not really die. Just a 2 Cents which may or may not mean much.

I would be very interested to see a quotation from the Bible saying this, because a lot of people have certainly missed it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:47 pm
And the Lord said: Let there be Lite . . .

And, lo, the kegger began . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:07 pm
0 Replies

puglia

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:46 pm

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:45 pm Post: 1358257 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here we go Brandon- Extra-Neo et. al.

Source you asked for :

Chauvet Cave: The art of earliest Times ISBN#0874807581
by Clottes, John University of Utah PressSpace ships, aliens, etc have been around for a long long time people.
you want a picture? close your eyes and see it. Or check out the book.

William Tiller PhD, Former chair, Materials science & Engineering Stanford University.

www.tillerfoundation.com/books.htm

My Brothers,
I also remember discussing a matter related to quantum physics with Brandon, who is a student of physics. Brandon, please look up this fellows books and his miles of papers. This professors' career has been long and fruitful. If you have any questions regarding quark resonance he is the man to talk to. He is not a member of any cult, he has many trusted colleagues who qualify in the field of same, and concur.

Brothers, if you misplace your walking stick, there is a trail to follow starting now and going back, you have seen this stick before because it is yours, you can identify its shape. This makes it recognizable. The Truth however is another thing, you have never had the truth, so you can not identify it when you see it, therefore you are searching for something that you will never find unless you open your minds to all possibilities examine them and not discard them but hold them until out of them you harvest the answer.

I have come here to change the world one mind at a time, through love, wisdom and knowledge.

Medium: You are not a medium so why do you call yourself one? what properties to you display? What truth do YOU extoll? Who do you LOVE?
you are right about one thing my brothers and sisters. The Bible was written so that the ordinary shepard could ascend without the knowledge of advanced science. In that way, the path was made to follow, made available to all. I tell you the truth, both science and the word of Yeshua are keys, These things are rising to the surface as all things of truth shall before the end.

In case you were wondering, These times have come, and what was explained in one way was explained in other ways so that all of us (one)will find the path.

Resistance is futile.

Servant of YAH.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:55 pm
extra medium wrote:
Where did matter & energy originate? What was before the multiverse and the universe and the big bang (if there was one)?

I don't know, but my guess is that the multiverse has "always" existed, while matter/energy and space/time as we know them are natural byproducts of the big bang.

If a god was involved, where did that god come from, what was there before the god, where did it get its knowledge and how does it create stuff out of nothing?

We do not know whether our universe is the spawn of a mindless multiverse or a magical deity, but the necessary kind of god seems infinitely improbable.
0 Replies