Did God Create Him/Herself?

Eorl

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 09:48 am
Agreed ! Smile

To be continued.....
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 03:17 pm
The reason why we can't answer that question is because we have a limited intelligence and that question when we ask our minds it says " RUN TIME ERROR".

GOD gave us Brains but that can not understand some questions but we could accept the answer that God had provided to us because it is the truth.

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

He is GOD, the One and Only;
GOD, the Eternal, Absolute;
GOD is He on Whom all depend.
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And none is like Him.
0 Replies

puglia

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 08:14 pm
Yes-

However, let me add this ...to the discussion: Although we have a limited cpu, It can be upgraded.

All of these things I do, you to shall do, and more.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:26 am
did god create himself?

no. man did.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:26 pm
Brahmin,

Can man create something ????

Did we ever create something ???

Didn't we just assemble what we found on earth because we have an intelligently designed brains ?

Please show me how to make Water, Fe++ , ...etc out of nothing

Please Brahmin , start from nothing and make me something.

Please Brahmin, give me some clues.

Don't we use all the matireals we found on Earth to build our houses ?
Don't we fight for OIL to run some tools we have assembled using Iron, Zinc, ...etc , to make our food, cosmetic products, beds, cars ...etc ?

I swear on GOD that nobody but the Creator can be the creator. God gave you everything in your life, why you refuse to thank him.
For example, If someone gives you a brand new car for example , won't you thank him ? Why you refusing to Thank God who gave you life, gave you a brain to think with and a lot of material to use for your benifit, God who send you rain to grow your food ...

If I was you I would think twice before lying about GOD, the only creator.

Michael
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:44 pm
god is a concept. and an intangible.

which is something we are good at creating. like theories of math and physics. concepts.

we can create material things only out of material things. i never said otherwise.

we can however always create non-material intangible concepts like the theory of relativity, the idea of god and the "complete works of sherlock holmes" - out of nothing, out of thin air.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:06 pm
Brahmin,

Are you sure you answered my questions ???

I have not seen any answer

Michael
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:09 pm
It took 3 million years for our brains to get this good, not just because a god gave them to us up front.

New soul, you say alot of things which are totally unproven . . .

I would thank someone if they gave me a car,

but some people who work hard, earn money, save up and then buy a car, thank themselves not god.

We built a civilization, do we thank god? No we thank ourselves, because we did all the work, and it is totally unproven whether a god helped or did not.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:23 pm
Michael,

your question was how its possible to create something out of nothing.

and i said that we cant create something material out of nothing, but we can indeed create non material things like sherlock holmes and the concept of god and the string theory out of nothing, out of thin air.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:46 pm
Brahmin,

If we can't create out of nothing than there is a creator.

Thank you for your answer. That's all I wanted to hear.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:55 pm
Etruscia,

Are you sure we got any good ?

I don't see people happier in a big City like NY then they are happy in villages.

We did a lot of building, the Pharaos did a lot of construction but it all went in ruin.

I am a Construction PRofessional Engineer and I know as a fact that we can not build Pyramids the way they were built tousands of years back simply because we don't have the tools that can lift those Gigantesque Heavy Rocks.

I see a progress but only using what GOd provided to us. You can work hard but who gave this Earth and who is sending Water ? Tell me something that could substitute Water for example ?????

Use your mind and don't just be happy about yourself that you work hard and get a reward because that reward is coming from GOD who is blessing the company you work for. A simple Tsunami can take away everything and GOD is so capable of that and much more than you can even imagine.

Look at how large this universe is. Did we even know how large it is ???? We are very blind. We don't know much. Nobody was born knowing anything and we all get data from the world how it is and that is why it took so long for us to know more than before.

Michael
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:58 pm
NewSoul wrote:

If we can't create out of nothing than there is a creator.

that, i must confess is a devasting agruement.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 05:07 pm
Derevon! Eorl! C'mon Back!
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 05:13 pm
Brahmin,

I was like you. I was rejecting everthing because I was in denial.

Where we all coming from ? Our bodies for example , the way they are designed show that there muct be a very intelligent Engineer who designed it. We have a pump that pumps blood, a mouth with teeth and tongue that process the food, eyes that we use to see, ears to hear, and when for example your ears hurt you then you feel like you are missing a lot by not hearing...etc.
The Creator is so powerful, is the powerful and we should all aknowledge him. Everything around us say a lot about the Creator. All this can't be randomly existing because even if we assume that , could anybody create from nothing ? even if it is possible that we create from nothing, who made it happen ?

Brahmin, I have nothing against your way of thinking but it is also your way of thinking that will lead you to the truth just like it did with me. I have read the Quran and now I am a different person, much more happier, much more thankful.
We human beings have a lot of desirs that can' t be satisfied because the more we have the more we want to have but if we didn't have anything do you think that would be just. GOD says that we are meant to be is in HEaven that will satisfy all our desirs because this life is full of hardships and non continuous pleasures. I am stopping here, I will be gone for a while.

HAve a nice weekend.

Michael
0 Replies

lightfoot

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 05:48 pm
Quote, (that you created)
Brahmin, I have nothing against your way of thinking but it is also your way of thinking that will lead you to the truth just like it did with me. I have read the Quran and now I am a different person, much more happier, much more thankful.
We human beings have a lot of desires that can' t be satisfied because the more we have the more we want to have but if we didn't have anything do you think that would be just. GOD says that we are meant to be is in Heaven that will satisfy all our desires because this life is full of hardships and non continuous pleasures. I am stopping here, I will be gone for a while....end of quote

Newsoul.
I think Brahmin done a pretty good job of proving to ME that there is no God by using nothing..and you and he by your own logic, must surly BE Gods, as you pretty well proved to me the you could create your BELIEFE out of nothing.... like saying "see you tomorrow" knowing full well "tomorrow" never comes because tomorrow is next day and the next day after tomorrow is tomorrow after the next day.... see I just Created that load of garbage... Jesus! I must be a God Too?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 05:55 pm
NewSoul wrote:

HAve a nice weekend.

thanks.

that was only a devastating arguement.

not a clinching one. i shall not waste more words.

you too, have a nice weekend.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 09:43 am
You say that all rewards come from god . . . how about some proof, or something to back up your argument. I myself am an agnostic, i do not rule out the possibility of a god or creator, but i do not rule out the possibility of no god or creator.

Only some viable proof would make me accept either option. To think that all our rewards come from god is ridiculous, why work anymore then, god will provide. Why save ourselves from anything? because its god's will, let the flood swell?

You sir are operating under the same denial that all theists and atheists do, operating like there is some sort of proof to back up your statements.

Saying there is a creator because nothing can be created from nothing is a fallacy because you are coming to a conclusion without all the need facts.

D.vK.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:20 pm
How did God create himself? By waiting until the universe spawned beings who could think him up.

What was before God? The multiverse, the universe, stars, planets, life, homo sapiens…

That people still believe in the myth of a magical being with the knowledge, ability and desire to create this universe just happened to exist in the middle of absolutely nothing boggles the mind. Where did this alleged being get its knowledge? How does it think and remember without a physical brain? How and why would such an improbable being come to exist?

Where did it get the stuff out of which to build a universe? How did it manipulate this stuff? Abracadabra … Poof! A brand new universe pops out of God's hat!

Yeah, right. And I thought that colliding branes was a wild idea!
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:20 pm
NewSoul, we can create matter out of energy and vice versa. We can create "something" out of "nothing" for short periods of time (matter-antimatter pairs). We can make water by combining hydrogen and oxygen, extract it from rocks or purify it from seawater. What do you think God made it out of?

We can build structures that the pyramid builders never dreamed of. We have gone to the moon and lived in space. Someday we may reach the stars. We may have limits, but we are nowhere near finding them.

The human body is a kludge (don't even get me started on all of the stupid design flaws). Anyone who cannot tell the difference between intelligent design and mindless tinkering should be ashamed to call himself an engineer.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 06:50 pm
Terry wrote:
How did God create himself? By waiting until the universe spawned beings who could think him up.

What was before God? The multiverse, the universe, stars, planets, life, homo sapiens…

That people still believe in the myth of a magical being with the knowledge, ability and desire to create this universe just happened to exist in the middle of absolutely nothing boggles the mind. Where did this alleged being get its knowledge? How does it think and remember without a physical brain? How and why would such an improbable being come to exist?

Where did it get the stuff out of which to build a universe? How did it manipulate this stuff? Abracadabra … Poof! A brand new universe pops out of God's hat!

Yeah, right. And I thought that colliding branes was a wild idea!

Where did matter & energy originate? What was before the multiverse and the universe and the big bang (if there was one)?
0 Replies