Should I undo the breakup?

Bvlibvl

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 05:56 pm
This is her sister, Alicia. Don’t even fret about this money nonsense! For you to be giving it to her speaks volumes about you, seeing as she’s gone thee **** off on everybody, especially about the surgery. Freaking out about it everyday, coming to my job randomly which she’s never done, and calling everybody all day, etc . We know her to be fiery, but level headed and playful. She’s been flat-out obsessive about stuff, paranoid, mood swings, and not sleeping since she came from the hospital the second time. At one point she argued with her best friend, who she doesn’t argue with ever, so we knew something was off with her, but assumed she was going crazy because of this surgery.

My girlfriend and I were together 8 months, but known each other for over a year. I can talk to her for hours, she’s the most thoughtful, levelheaded woman I’ve ever been with and I wanted to be with her. We’ve had small bumps in the road, like small arguments that seemed like big ones where we stopped talking for a day or so, but we always were able to realize it wasn’t as bad as what we thought so it was worked out.

She was in a major accident 2 months back and was in the hospital for 1 1/2months. It only brought us closer. We started working on plans together, as a couple for our future. She ended up being rehospitalized last week and things got weird. She started acting stalkerish, came to my house being dramatic and accusing me of not being there for her. So I backed off. I was done. She would blow my phone up constantly but i wouldn’t answer. I officially told her I’m done last weekend after she started acting weird demanding money that she gave me forever ago. I thought she was being petty and trying to threaten me so I was threw. I told her we don’t ever have to speak again. I was done.

Fast forward now, I just texted her about giving her money back, but instead her sister who usually would keep me updated of what was going on with her from my now ex-gf phone throughout the whole process, was now texting me. Here’s what the text said

Yesterday was her day for surgery prep. We’re grateful for her surgeon— he caught on that she was very jittery and confrontational. They learned that during her last hospital stay for those couple days, the neurologist wrongfully prescribed two different antidepressants when mild painkillers were all that were necessary for her, and she’s been hell on wheels for us since. Last night they put her on IV to allow time for the medication to properly dilute from her system, and it was a blessing to see her feeling more like herself again, but the surgeon recommended she stay overnight. We explained to her what occurred with her medication and how she was as result. They decided to postpone her surgery. Did you notice her to be acting confrontational or extremely anxious since she came home from the hospital for the second time?

Then it clicked! We have argued before, sure. But this? Never ever. It all made sense. I had no clue she was reacting to those garbage meds. Before all this happened we were on great terms, so I feel like I should undo this breakup. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 704 • Replies: 6

roger

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 06:04 pm
@Bvlibvl,
Maybe tell us who and what you are talking about? This is just a bit confusing.
RedOrchet

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 08:16 pm
@Bvlibvl,
Don't you go a little mad sometimes too? A woman gets a little nutty on you BREIFLY and you end the relationship? Better go get her back and apologize your balls off you dumbass. I'm a woman on antidepressants.. so I have experience with these sorts of things and sometimes trying new medication can alter your brain chemistry in your brain and make you perceive things totally differently than you normally would. Cut her some slack.. You better hope she's more forgiving than you are.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 10:15 am
@Bvlibvl,
Well only you can determine that - but under the circumstances I would give her a bye on her actions. Even putting medication aside all the stresses she must have had and potential pain with her medical condition I think she deserves some understanding and patience. Adding in potential effects of medication I would discount most of what you said and how she acted.

If you really did/do care for her, I would go visit her and let her know how much you care and you are sorry for not understanding fully her condition.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 12:05 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Maybe tell us who and what you are talking about? This is just a bit confusing.

I'm with you on this one roger.

No idea.

Bvlibvl

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 10:08 pm
@chai2,
Sorry, I jumbled the paragraphs. The paragraph starting off with “This is Alicia” was one of the texts my ex girlfriend’s sister sent to me
Linkat

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 05:01 am
@Bvlibvl,
Bvlibvl wrote:

Sorry, I jumbled the paragraphs. The paragraph starting off with “This is Alicia” was one of the texts my ex girlfriend’s sister sent to me

I was able to follow what you were doing - but then again my mind is jumbled
0 Replies