Are foreign Muslim girls into White/American guys?

Sam560

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 05:13 pm
So my brother knows an Indonesian Muslim girl who started going to his community college and he really adores her, but isn't sure if she'd be into him since she's froreign. He said he heard that some Muslim girls won't date non-Muslim guys, or some Indonesian girls won't date outside their race.

Does nobody know if there is truth to this? Or is it just racist nonsense and Islamaphobia?

He really likes her but isn't sure if he should ask her. I'm just looking for some insight because this is a little out of my field of expertise. (I am his sister and I really want to help him out as he means a lot to me and he has problems with anxiety when it comes to dating)

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,321 • Replies: 12
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 09:50 pm
@Sam560,
Certain religious groups won't engage romantically with other religions, it's not something exclusive to Muslims and it may or may not be the case in Indonesia.
Sam560

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 12:51 am
@izzythepush,
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Not sure how long she's been here or if she's adopted the American lifestyle. I just know she's from Indonesia and is Muslim. Do you know if they won't date outside their race, or if that's a thing where she comes from? I can't imagine it would be, but I have no idea..
izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 01:07 am
@Sam560,
Everyone is different, you'll really have to ask her, if you don't ask you don't find out.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 07:00 am
@Sam560,
I wouldn't worry about a thing. From what I gathered while traveling there, Indonesian girls are experts at dating "outside their race".
chai2

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 07:52 am
@Sam560,
Sam560 wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Not sure how long she's been here or if she's adopted the American lifestyle. I just know she's from Indonesia and is Muslim. Do you know if they won't date outside their race, or if that's a thing where she comes from? I can't imagine it would be, but I have no idea..

Well you should know if Muslims date outside their race or religion since you have, or had, that Somali Muslim boyfriend. You know, the one that like to smack you around during sex, and didn’t want to see your face?
Sam560

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 04:20 pm
@chai2,
Yeah my boyfriend is Somali. The girl my brother is interested in is Indonesian. Wasn't sure if there were some cultural differences. I heard that Indonesian Muslims weren't fond of dating outside their race/religion
0 Replies

Sam560

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 04:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Awesome. Thanks so much. Your answer really helps Smile
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 06:36 pm
@Sam560,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_marriage_in_Islam
Quote:

According to all four schools of Sunni law and Shia law, interfaith marriages are condoned only between a Muslim male and a non-Muslim female from the People of the Book (that is, Christians and Jews) and not vice versa. In many Muslim majority countries, interfaith marriages (apart from marriages of Muslim men to Jewish-or-Christian women) are prohibited, and/or regarded as socially taboo.

In some diaspora societies, interfaith marriages between Muslims and non-Muslims take place at substantial rates, including marriages that contradict the sharia consensus. For example, in the United States, about one in ten Muslim women are married to non-Muslims, including about one in six Muslim women under 40 and about 20% of Muslim women who describe themselves as less devoutly religious.[1]
0 Replies

viviryki

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 05:00 am
@Sam560,
As a foreign muslim girl myself i can tell u we're into white guys. cant generalise lol but all my friends n i have no issues. idk abt indonesian girls particularly (race-wise, although saying none of them will date a white guy does sound a lil racist) but religion-wise i dont think theres an issue at all.
0 Replies

steven-sam

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:47 pm
@Sam560,
it depends on her choice if she will find him best for her then why not,
talk to her and ask different things and about her lifestyle.
foreign girls are also into white guys no doubt, but if you are talking about this girl then it's hard to tell that if she will date or not, but other foreign Muslim girls do date white guys.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 05:24 pm
It would have been better that posters gave both possible responses (as to whether a Muslim girl would date a non muslim man), and not just one side, which could lead to a lot of issues. A person making a decision with knowledge of all the possibilities, is in a better position to decide what is best for them, as opposed to making a decision with knowledge of only only half / one side.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 08:16 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Sam560 wrote:

Well you should know if Muslims date outside their race or religion since you have, or had, that Somali Muslim boyfriend. You know, the one that like to smack you around during sex, and didn’t want to see your face?

ooooo good catch, now I remember.
0 Replies