Nervousness triggered by drawing dots

FPit

Reply Wed 15 May, 2019 04:52 am
Hey, this question might sound weird but I'm really interested in knowing what you guys think.

So I was sitting in front of my desk, studying for an exam and thinking how to solve a problem.

I started drawing a circle on a blank page and decided to give it some depth with shadows which I began by drawing little dots where the shadow would be darker. I started dotting the little circle but I soon realized that the further I went the more I was feeling anxious, almost nauseous up to the point where I couldn't continue. As soon as I stopped, the feeling went away and it would only come back if I continued

Now. I am interested in knowing how and why my brain reacts to something so simple as drawing dots so negatively, so I thought someone here might give me an answer or maybe someone experienced something similar.

I am not an anxious person and never usually feel anxious out of place. I would rule the fact that I was studying for an exam as I have procastinated before without the same outcome. A little search on Google showed that a lot of people feel in a similar way when looking at holes but it doesn't bother me particularly.

Any ideas ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 722 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fresco

Reply Wed 15 May, 2019 07:12 am
@FPit,
A Freudian analyst might say that, like in dreams, a particular image was a disguised manifestation of some repressed trauma in your unconscious. Study the literature.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Wed 15 May, 2019 10:19 am
@FPit,
It might have something to do with starting a close-focus, total-concentration, time-consuming task that you know will require your time and attention until it's finished.
0 Replies