Tue 14 May, 2019 10:06 am
Hello guys, I am a 24 year old gay male.
About a week ago I went to a bathhouse where I met a couple in a pool. I made out with both men while they gave each other blowjobs in between (I never put my mouth on their penis). I also gave them handjobs while masterbating myself with the same hands. For most of the night, I consistently applied hand sanitizer on my hands, penis and mouth. I also washed my hands with water and soap every 15 minutes or so. All of this happened in and out of the pool.
1) sore throat, about two days after my exposure, I could not stop coughing. The mucus accumulated in my throat was yellow.
2) Just today, 7 days after, I noticed a mild red rash on the base of my penis. It doesn’t hurt but it does itch from time to time.
All week I have been paranoid and over analyzing every itch. Here are my questions:
1) What is the probability that I’ve contracted an STD, more specifically herpes?
2) How well does hand sanitizer ( ethyl alcohol 70%) kill herpes effectively?
3) Can herpes be transmitted through water?
4) Based on how I described my sexual experience, would it count as a high or low risk activity?
5) Theoretically, what would the probability of contracting herpes from direct skin-to-skin contact with someone who is shedding/ has an outbreak? (Worse case scenario)
Thank you so much for reading. Any information or advice is appreciated.
These are awesome questions for your doctor. I know, I know, you're asking here. But your doctor is going to know the subtleties waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than we ever could.
Will definitely get everything checked out, but I read that I should wait 4-6 weeks to get accurate results. I figured why not open a conversation mainly for my sanity.
Still, thank you for reading, it’s very much appreciated.