PROOF THE WORLD HATES AMERICA!!!!

Intrepid

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:51 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Setanta wrote:
M.O.V.E. was not a Black Panther organization, nor was it solely the armed black men inside who suffered. Read the page linked above. Look at the photograph of the several city blocks which were torched by the irresponsible and indefensible actions of the Philadelphia police.

The 1919 incident in Chicago lasted five days, and involved more than a single officer. There is a photograph of U.S. soldiers with rifles and fixed bayonets on the streets of Chicago in 1919 which i was unable to hot-link here, for a reason i do not know. As i've already pointed out, this is just the results of the race problem in this country. I haven't even started on the organized labor movement . . .

The Flint Auto Plant Strikes of 1936-37.[/b]

Do you have any actions that have taken place in the last 20 years? So far most everything you have posted is at least 30 years old or older. We have come a long way in that time frame so your analysis doesn't hold water.

Why is it that when you don't like an answer, you dismiss it and ask for something else? How long a way have you come in the time frame that you refer to? Can you cite some examples?

You wrote of Rodney King.. that was 1992. Do you have proof that the events that followed were, in your words. "the LA riots of Rodney King were not so much about what happened him as it was for a lame excuss for people to break things and rob stores." How lame is that?

Other than China and the U.S., can you provide examples of other countries with this atrocious behaviour?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:53 pm
I love my country. I can still distinctly recall that moment, more than thirty years ago, when i first smelled the soil of this country after 18 months overseas. Because i love my country, i enlisted in the United States Army and served every day of three years, and that despite the fact that we were involved in what i considered then and consider to this day to have been an illegal and immoral war. I served because i believed then as i believe today that it was the right thing to do, it was my "dues paying" for everything good this country means to me.

That does not mean that i am either blind or dull-witted. That does not mean that i cannot see the faults and the inadequacies of my nation. If one loves one's nation, then it is a paramount duty never to wear blinders, never to get into a stupid, silly pissing match over whose country is better--if one loves one's country, then it is a paramount duty to find and root out all of the injustices, all of the venalities, all of the criminalities of the society which constitutes that country. I cannot do it alone--but if everyone takes such an attitude, and uses that as an excuse not to try, the nation can never improve, never achieve the very high standards set by the "founding fathers," which we have yet to fully attain.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:53 pm
I don't think it was a lame excuse, I thought it was a pretty good excuse - it was 'well you f*ckers are so tough when you outnumber one of us 10 to 1 - let's see what it's like with all of us against all of you and you're in the minority'

Jeepers, didn't LA(?) Police shoot a hundred bullets into a stationary unarmed drunken driver's car in a suburban neighbourhood just the other day? Hitting on of their own in the crossfire? And somehow failing to kill the driver.

Would you stand for that in your neighbourhood?

Besides it doesn't matter how bad China is, it doesn't make the USA any better, or more attractive. There's another 200 odd countries you can spend your tourist dollar in. Stick to the tinpot ones like mine.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 11:30 pm
Setanta wrote:
I'm not so sure about that, Goodfielder. The New Jersey State Police were established in 1925, and the governor called upon Col. H. Norman Schwarzkopf[/b] to create the new force. His name is familiar to Americans, however, because his son, with the same name, was in command of Central Command in 1990, and became the coalition commander in the 1990-91 Gulf War against Iraq.

If you have other evidence, however, i won't deny it.

It's one of those things Setanta that stuck in my mind. Having said that I can only recall reading it from one source so I should go and look for some others to conform it because I wouldn't want to heap calumny on the NJSP - or anyone else for that matter. I was interested because something similar happened in Tasmania a few years ago. I am personally interested in the local v gendarmerie-style policing issues and the pros and cons. But I am now getting off point.

hinge that was the LA Sheriff's Dept and it was in Compton, a notorious part of LA (they sacked their entire police department and hired the Sheriff to do their policing). While those deputies are going to have a lot to answer for they don't exactly work in a silk stocking district.

Okay apologies for the drift.
0 Replies

not2know

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 05:52 am
Hatred of America in Muslim nations and Arab nations:

The main reasons, the overwhelming cry, is that the USA has bombed, suppressed Islamic nations and restricted them financially, commercially and politically. This has snowballed since the demise of the perception of a "Communist threat". There is utter desperation that Washington is crusading against Islam and that recent events are only an excuse to continue a Christian oppression. Many Muslims believe that the American people have been deceived by their government. Others just want the endless poverty and strikes to stop. There is a strong feeling of repression and of being hated.

A mood of resentment toward America and its behaviour around the world has become so commonplace in their countries that it is bound to breed hostility, hatred, and then renewed physical violence. We call it "terrorism", they call it "retribution" against America, symbol of Western oppression.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 06:44 am
not2know wrote:

The main reasons, the overwhelming cry, is that the USA has bombed, suppressed Islamic nations and restricted them financially, commercially and politically. This has snowballed since the demise of the perception of a "Communist threat". There is utter desperation that Washington is crusading against Islam and that recent events are only an excuse to continue a Christian oppression. Many Muslims believe that the American people have been deceived by their government. Others just want the endless poverty and strikes to stop. There is a strong feeling of repression and of being hated.

A mood of resentment toward America and its behaviour around the world has become so commonplace in their countries that it is bound to breed hostility, hatred, and then renewed physical violence. We call it "terrorism", they call it "retribution" against America, symbol of Western oppression.

Do you have any poll results to support this supposition? I'll give you a hint. People actually have taken polls in Muslim nations and this is not what the inhabitants actually say.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:06 am
So then it will be a simple matter for you to support that contention, Brandon, and show the superiority of your method over that of Not2know, n'est-ce pas?

Hmmmmm . . . ?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:22 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
not2know wrote:

Do you have any poll results to support this supposition? I'll give you a hint. People actually have taken polls in Muslim nations and this is not what the inhabitants actually say.

Nice rhetoric Brandon.. do YOU have any evidence? Yes, polls have been done in Muslim nations and MOST show an overwhelming unfavorable view of the US. Here is a story on one from 2004

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7080-2004Jul22.html

Quote:
in Egypt -- an important ally in the region -- nearly 100 percent of the population now holds an unfavorable opinion of the country... In Zogby's 2002 survey, 76 percent of Egyptians had a negative attitude toward the United States, compared with 98 percent this year. In Morocco, 61 percent viewed the country unfavorably in 2002, but in two years, that number has jumped to 88 percent. In Saudi Arabia, such responses rose from 87 percent in 2002 to 94 percent in June. Attitudes were virtually unchanged in Lebanon but improved slightly in the UAE, from 87 percent who said in 2002 that they disliked the United States to 73 percent this year.

Every PEW, and Zogby poll I can find from 2001 til today shows overwhelming unfavorable viewpoint of US.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 02:37 am
I remember when the US had their elections back in 2004 and on the news they were interviewing alot of americans overseas in other countries (including some in Australia) and asking them who they would vote for and why. I noticed that those who said they wouldn't vote for the Republicans had put their main reason as that Bush was continually disregarding and being disrespectful of the international community and they were ashamed of his conduct, especially the Iraq war. I found that quite interesting, but otherwise, no comment.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 07:41 am
Setanta wrote:
I love my country. I can still distinctly recall that moment, more than thirty years ago, when i first smelled the soil of this country after 18 months overseas. Because i love my country, i enlisted in the United States Army and served every day of three years, and that despite the fact that we were involved in what i considered then and consider to this day to have been an illegal and immoral war. I served because i believed then as i believe today that it was the right thing to do, it was my "dues paying" for everything good this country means to me.

That does not mean that i am either blind or dull-witted. That does not mean that i cannot see the faults and the inadequacies of my nation. If one loves one's nation, then it is a paramount duty never to wear blinders, never to get into a stupid, silly pissing match over whose country is better--if one loves one's country, then it is a paramount duty to find and root out all of the injustices, all of the venalities, all of the criminalities of the society which constitutes that country. I cannot do it alone--but if everyone takes such an attitude, and uses that as an excuse not to try, the nation can never improve, never achieve the very high standards set by the "founding fathers," which we have yet to fully attain.

Hear hear hear hear hear hear hear hear ... Setanta. {applause 'til the cows come home]
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 02:57 am
DITTO
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 03:53 am
Brandon's reply to request for back-up of his rhetoric:

<insert cricket sounds here>
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 06:25 am
Brand X wrote:
That's okay, we're getting plenty of hispanic tourism......doh!

That was funny, brand.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 07:00 am
X
Laughing
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 08:43 am
I long for the day that the rag tags of the world keep their filth out of the US. For those that hate America, stay the hell out & don't forget, we have all the money & most of the food, may you rot in your green eyed jealousy.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 06:51 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
don't forget, we have all the money & most of the food, may you rot in your green eyed jealousy.

Most of the money? What's your foreign debt right now? X trillions of dollars?

And how can you say most of the food? You really should spend more time reading and less time tossing off.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 07:54 pm
hingehead wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
don't forget, we have all the money & most of the food, may you rot in your green eyed jealousy.

Most of the money? What's your foreign debt right now? X trillions of dollars?

And how can you say most of the food? You really should spend more time reading and less time tossing off.

We are the richest country on earth, just ask any of the liberals that's always complaining about the lack of whatever the poor is lacking in.
0 Replies