very scared

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:47 am
well i have come to the conclusion that i must have a drinking problem...on saturday night my best friend who is my roomate had a bunch of people over after a wedding. My landlord and landlords girlfriend who lives downstairs went to the same wedding also had people over. People didnt show up until about 1:30 am and I started drinking right away. I am on a medication somewhat like prozac and i'm not supposed to be drinking. I went downstairs adn i knew pretty much everyone there. I felt ok downstairs adn was just talking to a lot of people i hadnt seen in a while. There was this one guy there, bill who i had seen earlier in the day at dunkin dounts. I dont know him taht well, but i've seen him out tons of times, went to middle school with him. so i chatted with him a little. By the time people left it was about 5:15. The last thing i remember is telling bill, yeah you can come up (to my place). Then the next thing i knows it's 2pm in the afternoon and my roomate was waking me up asking what had happened.

when i woke up i was naked and i had vomited in my bed in my sleep-some was in my hair-not to be gross. In our bathroom there was a picture that had fallen on the floor and broken a little. A picture in my room had also fallen too. I was like, i have no idea how that could have happened. My brother came over because he and my mom were picking me up to go to my aunts for mother's day. I was in the shower at this point and said i'd meet them there...he saw the vomit in my bed so later that day i told him what happened. He told my mom. So what is the worst part i think is this. I looked at the underwear that i'd been wearing that night and they were completely torn...there was no way i could have torn them and i'm wondering why on earth they would have been torn at all!!! I wasnt in any pain when i woke up, i didnt feel like i'd had sex...but i have no idea.

This guy, bill is really not an a-hole at all, my roomate even said she coudlnt imagine him doing anything against my will, he dated one of her best friends. I asked her if she would call him to see waht happened and she said she woudlnt...she told me i could call. I dont have his number...i am jsut horrified. I dont know when he left, but he obviously walked (he doesnt live far) I dont know if my puking made him leave or what...i dont really care, i jsut want to know what happened ):
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,723 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:13 am
Ask your roommate to get Bills phone number (from her best friend who dated him).

Call Bill and ask him what happened. Don't be embarrassed. Ask him. If he avoids answering, tell him you are coming over to see him and want to discuss what happened. If Bill tells you he had sex with you, ask if he used a condom. If not, you need to visit the doctor. I don't know if you are on the pill and I think it may be too late for the morning after pill but a visit to your gynecologist is a good idea to check you out anyway.

I don't know your age or drinking history but drinking to the extent that you cannot remember, black-out, vomit, etc., can be pretty good warning signs that you have a drinking problem, or the beginnings of one. Also the fact that you are on medication (prozac?) and knew you shouldn't drink was pretty stupid.

If you are pretty young this could be a one-off and a lesson well learned. It can be scarey to not remember or feel out of control. I had a similar experience when I was a teenager - got alcoholic poisioning - but was lucky to be around good friends who took care of me and didn't let anyone take advantage. I learned a valuable lesson about my immaturity to make sensible decisions and not try to keep up with everyone else who would drink themselves into oblivion. I enjoy a drink here and there now but know my limit and well the body just can't take what it used to when I was younger.

Take care of yourself and move on from here but try not to get yourself into a situation like this again. If you need help, ask for it. You have a roommate, a brother, a mother, a doctor (who already prescribed prozac, so maybe it is a good idea to talk to your doc).
0 Replies

class241

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:23 am
re
well i feel like my roomate is mad at me actually...She seemed freaked out by what happened, then later in the day asked me somethign about when we were fixing the computer. I kind of snapped at her and i havent spoken to her since. i will try and get his number though from her. Im going away tomorrow for a few days. THis was definitely a wake up call for me...scary thing is that i'm 26.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:29 am
Is this the first time something like this has happened to you?
0 Replies

class241

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:32 am
re
yeah pretty much, i've been drunk before and hooked up with people, but i've always remembered it...i've never woken up in my own vomit either
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:41 am
You seem more concerned about the vomit than anything else that could have happened.In a way thats good.
But you definately need to talk to Bill,Approach it in a jokey way as he may get mysterious and defensive.
This situation is to be learnt from.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:52 am
That's what mixing prescription drugs and drinking alcohol to excess will do to you.

Could be this scare will make you a lot more careful in the future.

If your roommate is testy with you, well that's not unusual. She is upset, angry and concerned. You should thank her for being there for you and assure her that you will be more careful so this will never happen again. She is scared that this will become a regular thing. You have to assure her that it is an anomaly and you are as upset by the situation as she is.

To contact Bill is to put your mind at ease. No-one wants the unknown hanging out there. If you are protected from pregnancy or sexual diseases then that can be a relief. You know that you must have had sex with Bill, right? After that, the next step is to forgive yourself for what happened, and be better in the future. Cutting back on the drinking is a good idea too, but the most important would be to sit down and discuss with your doctor your physical (and perhaps mental) health.
0 Replies

class241

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:57 am
re
no i wish the throw up was the most of my worries...it certainly does seem like i had sex. But when i woke up the next day it didnt really feel like i'd had sex if you know what i mean...but the signs were kind of there. I do feel silly calling him to ask...but it would answer my questions. I feel kind of mad at him...i mean i dont know why he woudl have ripped my underwear in the way that he did...I am going to the dr tomorrow for a pap smear and i will get tested. I guess i shoudl get a pregnancy test as well. This is just awful ):
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:01 am
I think you'd want to go for a morning after pill before a pregnancy test. This just happened last night, right?

Unless you're philosophically opposed, of course, but this is precisely the sort of situation the morning after pill was created for.

Hope this is indeed a wake-up call, class.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:04 am
Soz, I think it was Saturday night/Sunday morning and you have to take the pill within 72 hours so it is just past the 72-hr window. Again the doc would be able to advise on this.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:05 am
Ah, Saturday night, yes. Sorry I misread.

Agreed about doc.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:13 am
class, do you have bruises, marks, scrapes?

I am wondering why, if your underwear was ripped, pictures were off the walls, etc., that you can't see physical evidence that you were actively having sex with someone, unless you two tore each others clothes off, kissing from the bathroom to your bedroom and when you two finally got to a sex act (perhaps a BJ?) that you vomited. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that would make any guy run! If you don't feel vaginal tenderness and have checked yourself quite thoroughly, it is possible you may NOT have had vaginal sex.
0 Replies

class241

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:24 am
well i have a bruise on my buttock cheek and a small bruise on my thigh, but unfortuantely i dont know if they were from that night. I really didnt feel any vaginal tenderness which led me to believe maybe i did have sex...but if i had sex at 6am and didnt wake up until 2pm it could have been gone by then? Of course now i feel paranoid and i've been washing myself thoroughly down there with salicylic acid soaps so i think i've irriated myself...i spoke with my roomate, she said she is not mad at me at all, just knows i've needed space and not to beat myself up over this.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:33 am
Let's say you have a regular boyfriend (I am assuming you don't), if you have been having regular sex, night after night, then perhaps you would not feel vaginal tenderness from a sexual experience, but if you are not regularly having sex, the vaginal tenderness (if you slept with Bill) most likely would still have been there a day after the sex took place.

Good news that your roomate is supportive.
0 Replies

class241

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:48 am
re
yeah i didnt hurt down there, but when i woke up and examined myself...it was kind of closed up or something...which has happened to me after sex before, so that's why i'm worried. but it didnt hurt.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:16 am
Call me suspicious but this experience has apparently not happened before. If so I wonder if Bill slipped you a drink with something in it. I don't want to freak you out but I think it should be considered if this is the only time you've reacted this way.
0 Replies

class241

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:29 am
re
well i dont want to sound naive, but i dont think that happened. Like i said, i've known bill since middle school (not all that personally) and he dated my roomates good friend. Perhaps he was drunk and out of control too...but i dont think he slipped a roofie in my drink. I just talked to my roomate, she seems to think calling him would be odd, but she said she coudl try and find out. I am going away this week so i wont even be around to try and find things out.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:54 am
No offense to your roommate but I think the conversation needs to be between you and Bill, and the sooner the better. Leaving it until later makes it more awkward. Get his number, call him, get it over with.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 11:42 am
bobsmythhawk wrote:
Call me suspicious but this experience has apparently not happened before. If so I wonder if Bill slipped you a drink with something in it. I don't want to freak you out but I think it should be considered if this is the only time you've reacted this way.

This was my first reaction also.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 01:12 pm
Zane wrote:
bobsmythhawk wrote:

This was my first reaction also.

Mine too...
0 Replies