Men: Why Do You Oppose a Woman's Right to Abortion?

pam941111

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:26 pm
You know I just spent almost 20 minures trying to figure out how to register just because of thgis. You tghat are so willing to give upo your rights as a woman should not try to make the rest of us do as you so do.

I am Against ALL DESTRUCTIUON OF LIFE EVEN LITTLE PUSSY ANTS!!!

but I won't stand here and let people tell anopther wioman what to do with her OLWN PERSONAL GOD GIVEN BODY!!!!!

There I said it!!!!!!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:41 pm
Chrissee wrote:
It is not an idea, it is a RIGHT!

I still don't understand how it is a right. I have never seen it listed in the Constitution. Besides some sort of privacy BS listed.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:45 pm
It is not my job to make you understand simple concepts. Ever figure out how you felt in the post-zygote stage of your existence, assuming you feel that you existed at all. Oh, that is a good question, when did your EXISTENCE begin?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:58 pm
You should read above for an earlier post to see what I said.

You might claim it is a simple concept but that still doesn't explain how the SC pulled it out of their butts.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:05 pm
Baldimo wrote:

You might claim it is a simple concept but that still doesn't explain how the SC pulled it out of their butts.

Answer the question, When did YOUR existence begin?
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:22 pm
pam, this is a debate board, welcome to a2k, i am not telling anyone what to do with their body. i am mearly expressing my opinion. i have no hard feelings toward anyone on this board...not even chrissie, hehe *poke* Granted abortion and everything it involves it an extreamly contoversial subject...i am pro-choice....but but it takes 2 to tango, other ppl are actually involved other than the mother. And alot of fathers of aborted babies do grieve, and suffer over the loss of a child. Keeping a child or aborting a child, affects both parents. now, in instances of rape, preserving your own life, or if the fetus is found that if born, will have a low quality of life.....i am for abortion. i am not for using abortion as a form of birth control though.
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:29 pm
my existance began when i was conceived Razz
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:30 pm
when did your existance begin chrissee?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:38 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
It is not an idea, it is a RIGHT!

I still don't understand how it is a right. I have never seen it listed in the Constitution. Besides some sort of privacy BS listed.

Why does an individual right have to be "listed" in the Constitution to be protected or secured against governmental disparagement? The Ninth Amendment specifically provides that an enumeration of rights retained by the people in the constitution shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights retained by the people.

Isn't liberty a fundamental right secured by the Constitution? Isn't the right to privacy against unreasonable government intrusions an inherent and vital component of liberty?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:43 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

I guess you don't like my answer and want something a little bit more in line of what you are trying to figure out.

I beleive life begins when the baby has it's first heart beat. I think that is when my existence began!
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:26 am
Baldimo wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

I guess you don't like my answer and want something a little bit more in line of what you are trying to figure out.

I beleive life begins when the baby has it's first heart beat. I think that is when my existence began!

Interesting.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:20 am
sing it with me, gang!!!

"Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is great;
When a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate!"
--Monty Python's Meaning of Life
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:18 am
Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is good,
Every sperm is needed,
In your neighborhood!
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:30 am
Has anyone on this thread been a party to an abortion?

Has anyone ever spoken as a friend or lover with a woman who once had an abortion?

Has anyone ever talked to a woman whose husband refused to allow her to use a diaphragm and then made her bring a child into the world that he subsequently abandoned?

How many participants had a high school level course in biology?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:38 am
No
Yes
No
Yes, I did

Now that you have an answer from at least one person, may I ask what exactly is the point you wish to make? (Not trying to be rude here, just trying to figure out where you are heading in asking these questions)
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:10 pm
I began seeing a woman not too long ago and she is the inspiration behind this discussion.

I see a complete lack of humanity and empathy in the anti-abortion movement. That includes empathy toward the bastula or the foetus.

There seemed to be a lack of basic biological knowledge here.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:59 pm
Photograph of an abortion
http://www.pbase.com/alkeme/image/6551152
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 01:12 pm
I take it you mean the blastula, not the "bastula"?
Just checking to make sure.

In my lifetime, I have known 3 women who have had abortions. One is religious and the other 2 are not. Each of the three desperately wish they had not had the abortion. All have had problems in dealing with their decision to abort. From the reading I have done, this seems to be more common than not (contrary to what abortion activists claim).

Don't get me wrong. I know that my experience with just 3 people does not infer that all will have issues down the road, but I relate this simply as my experience.

Abortion is a complicated issue. I think most people in this country would accept limited abortions for specific reasons (real health reasons, rape, etc) but too many women I believe see abortion as simply a measure of birth control if their primary birth control method fails them. I happen to believe that life begins at conception. I have seen nothing that would convince me otherwise.

I assume the case you mentioned about the woman whose husband would not let her use a diaphragm and then later abandoned her and their child is your experience. (Just guessing, sorry if I am wrong) Naturally, the guy is a despicable individual, but that has nothing to do with abortion. That is a different issue. My question would be, does the woman you speak of wish her child was never born? If so, why did she not give the child up for adoption?

Anyway, I am not trying to convince you or anyone else on this thread that abortion is wrong. We all have our reasons for believing as we do.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 01:35 pm
Just out of curiosity, CR, do any of the women you know who regret having an abortion wish that they did not have the opportunity to choose?

I personally know several women who have had abortions. Of them, only one regrets it, and she had more than one.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 06:13 pm
I would be a little surprised if any woman had absolutely no regrets. Even if she knew she'd made the best decision by terminating. I don't think women make the decision lightly.
0 Replies