Men take better care of their cars than their health .....

patiodog

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:05 am
Really? It's largely tied to class here (for both men and women), but checking out the colon and the prostate past age 40 or 50 is getting to be a pretty regular thing here.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:05 am
patiodog wrote:
I come from very healthy stock (knock on wood). There's no cancer, no heart disease -- no premature death (except for accidents) anywhere in my family.

Except for one thing: everybody on my father's side starts to lose their mind between 65 and 70. Full-on freaking barmy. And they all make it to at least 85, unable to recognize their own family members for the last two decades.

So making sure my body lasts a long time isn't really high on my list.

Ah, so you have good, solid reasons for having faith in the health of your body! And you're going to become seriously worried around 60 years of age? :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:08 am
patiodog wrote:
Really? It's largely tied to class here (for both men and women), but checking out the colon and the prostate past age 40 or 50 is getting to be a pretty regular thing here.

It seems Oz men need some prompting & prodding in this regard!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:09 am
.... but they generally have very well maintained cars!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:15 am
It's like this, msolga. Doctors only have two things to say when we show up; "Damn, if only you had come in in time to do some good.", and "So, what's the problem? I've got a waiting room full of people with real problems."
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:17 am
Of course they don't, Roger! Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:43 am
I told my wife that when I am driven to the crematory, I want a caravan of muscle cars driven by guys that I know who own rods and muscle cars. I wanna have my coffin in this really sweet panel truck /street rod that is painted an irridescent purple with lime green and orange-yellow flames.
What was the question?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:02 am
Quote:
It seems Oz men need some prompting & prodding in this regard!

Prodding... now that's funny.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:40 am
What does it mean that I take better care of the dogs than I do of myself?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:41 am
That you love the little friends just as much as they love you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:19 am
I often put my main dog Ernie and my backup dog Stash in my 70 Cougar with the top down. Stash likes the back view and Ernie goes for a "shothun " position. Unfortunately Mrs F has to stay home.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:32 pm
I hate going to the doctor, too!!! And I am a gel!!!

Don't ASK how overdue I am for those damn poke 'em and squish them to death tests!

And, when I was younger, I might have seen a doctor once a decade - ok, I am stretching it - more when I was on the damned Pill.

I think it gets more normal for older fellas to go. They have to have those awful prostate tests (ever heard Billy Connelly talk about that?)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 04:11 pm
ehBeth wrote:
What does it mean that I take better care of the dogs than I do of myself?

Uhoh, now that rings a bell with me, too!
0 Replies