Okay Lola and Blatham...time to put up or shut up!

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:35 pm
In several discussions with Lola and Blatham...there has been an undercurrent of significant disagreement with my agnostic position.

Unfortunately...circumstances have always conspired to keep a full give and take from occurring.

Naturally...you are all invited to participate...but I am especially encouraging both Lola and Blatham to discuss in this thread any perceived disagreements with my agnosticism...or for that matter, with agnosticism in general.

Slam! Ball in your court.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 10,771 • Replies: 227
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:37 pm
Wow, feeling hungover, crankypants?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:28 pm
As I said...only with equals....or perhaps superiors?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:30 pm
Anyone without the stones to put their chips on a number and let the wheel spin isn't worth the time of day. Same goes for those without the courage to commit to a metaphysical stance.

(joke, if yer a-wonderin...)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:32 pm
I get the feeling God told Frank to start this thread. Twisted Evil

Maybe its the same God that told Pat Robertson that judges should be impeached.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:54 pm
Oooooh! This'll be fun - getting some peanuts...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:57 pm
Pistachios piling up over here, on L&B's side, I think. I suppose I have to wait and hear their side. Or, presumably, sides. Are they not LB A&B?
Divide and conquer is a well known point of view.
hmmmpf.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 08:14 pm
Greetings, Frank.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:14 pm
I think I would like to state my position as logically as I can - thus I would put it in a simple syllogism:

Frank is a doodie head.
So there!

Therefore,

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah!!!!

TTF

p.s. I am watching this thread close. I think Frank's position on Agnosticism is one of the most enlightened and well thought out that I have encountered. It is directly threatening to my theistic position and I take it very seriously.

Game on!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:23 pm
Why is there never any concern for the antitheists? Or for the paratheists?

Must everything exist on a linear continuum? With clowns to the left of me, and jokers to the right, I could simply step down away from you if only you would admit another axis of belief.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:37 pm
I would need to see a layout of thier position - to fully consider it.

TTF
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:40 pm
Antitheist would be a person who what?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:45 pm
Who works on the Sabbath and rests for the remainder of the week. It's a good job if you can get it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:49 pm
So, if I understand this correctly, Frank believes that agnosticism will be the next stage in the evolution of thought that will enable humankind to finally turn its focus from the boogeymen of religion and start to make the turn towards a focus on living in peace on this big blue ball that we all must inhabit.

Of course, that's the oversimplified Kicky version, but I think I'm pretty close. I, on the other hand, believe that we will never get to that point, because I believe that religious and other irratiotional belief systems serve mankind as a kind of pressure valve. They allow us to separate and kill off large numbers of ourselves, thus keeping the population in check, which is imperative for the survival of the species.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 09:56 pm
...you think the population is in check?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:07 pm
patiodog wrote:
Who works on the Sabbath and rests for the remainder of the week. It's a good job if you can get it.

Schweet.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:13 pm
patiodog wrote:
...you think the population is in check?

Yup. I don't think we're even close to critical mass yet. Are you saying it isn't? Why do you think that?
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:13 pm
<anxiously snacking on salted nulls>
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:17 pm
Are you an anxiety eater, C-borg?

No plateau to the population curve yet, kix. And the biggest wars (how many million dead in WWII) have been in the midst of periods of most explosive growth.

(but this REALLY ain't about that...)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:22 pm
Well, hey, it's just a theory...and I don't see anyone else refuting any of what Frank has said...wait a minute...actually, Frank didn't really say anything at all in this thread, did he?
0 Replies