Missing Bride-to-Be Found Alive!

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:17 am
So this was not Scott Peterson re-do afterall. Its time media stop speculating on such cases. There are good people around as well and tarnishing their image by juvenile guessing work and unadulterated speculation, does not do any justification to their cause.

Here is full story:

Jennifer Found Alive in Albequerque
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,775 • Replies: 28
No top replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:31 am
I was afraid this was going to become another lame news story that everybody focuses on while ignoring all of the important news stories, like today being the 30th anniversary of the day Vietnam won the American War.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 04:34 am
Very glad that this story has a happy ending.

rainforest- It was rather sickening that the fiance was immediately suspected. What a tragedy it would have been if he had been charged with anything.

roverroad wrote:
I was afraid this was going to become another lame news story that everybody focuses on while ignoring all of the important news stories, like today being the 30th anniversary of the day Vietnam won the American War.

I was looking for your thread on the anniversary of the Vietnam War, and could not find it. Care to supply a link?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 07:40 am
Wow. I joked all week that she had run off. It's a relief that it turned out to be exactly what she had done.
Earlier this week there was an Amber alert for a missing 12 year old girl in Florida. They found her in South Carolina with 'an acquaintance' of her older brother. The media jumps on these stories and start reporting, around the clock, the fact that they have nothing to report. It's ridiculous. They found a t-shirt on the ground Thursday in another town and clearly stated that there was nothing to tie this t-shirt to the missing Georgia woman. So why did they even report it? They're crying wolf and we all know what happens when you cry wolf.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 07:43 am
I hope this girl is a fantastic lay, because she's an idiot.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:29 am
I really, really feel bad for this girl.

I've been in social situations where I've panicked, and ended up looking bad.

For whatever reasons, the pressure of either the marriage or the enormity of the ceremony, (600 guests, 12 bridesmaids, umpteen attendees) freaked her out, and she only wanted to be away, away, away.

All the rest of the stuff was just she was making up to try to explain away what happened.

Yes, in many ways, you can say what she did was selfish, in the sense that she should have just called off the wedding. But then, all the people responsible for planning the wedding would have called her selfish anyway, so that might be a contributing factor to why she took off.

You can analyze and tear apart her actions, and certainly you will find easy pickings. But if you've ever gone into panic mode and found out that you made things progressively worse as you've blundered along, then there has to be a part of you that feels sympathy for this girl.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:31 am
She's a 32 year old woman. Not a girl. If she was 22, I'd be more inclined to feel sympathy but at her age, what she put her man through, her family, her town, and then the attempted lies in the end, was just plain ridiculous. One should know how to handle pressure a little bit better than that at her age.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:45 am
eoe wrote:
She's a 32 year old woman. Not a girl. If she was 22, I'd be more inclined to feel sympathy but at her age, what she put her man through, her family, her town, and then the attempted lies in the end, was just plain ridiculous. One should know how to handle pressure a little bit better than that at her age.

She should be required to compensate law enforcement in some way, seriously.

I'm thinking a few goes in the Town Square in the dunking chair would be appropriate. :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:39 am
Want to talk about stress in planning a wedding? Between 1 and 2 months before my wedding - I receive a call at 10:00 at night telling me the reception site of my wedding is closed. No other explanation. Try planning another wedding (at an expectable location) in less than two months time during a holiday weekend with about half the guests coming from out of state. Not to mention, I had used a florist, limo, napkins, etc and DJ through this planner. Pure dumb luck - we managed to find an incredible place and they helped us with all the other stuff. Now a month before the wedding a close family member died in an automobile accident. Then a bridesmaid freaked out and quit the wedding party and threatened to steal my wedding dress.

So to me stress in wedding is no excuse.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:15 pm
I've never heard of a stress-free wedding. I don't think it's possible.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:27 pm
Best reception I ever went to was attached to a stress-free wedding.

Bride and groom headed to City Hall, grabbed two people on their way in, got married. On their way out they dropped envelopes in the mail.

Hi, it's E and J. We got married today. We're on our way to B. We'll be back on xxxx, and would love you to come to a party that night. Open shooter bar. Bring your favourite dessert if you like.

The party was two weeks after the wedding - the couple was marvellously relaxed and happy - and still are. Parents and grandparents had recovered from the shock. Friends and family from Israel had flown over stand-by. Love those kids. J's older brother will be having a similar wedding in about 5 weeks. I can hardly wait for the party.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:28 pm
Actually, folks. She looked strange. sorta like she had some sort of problem. Her eyes were wild looking. I wonder if she has an eating disorder.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:29 pm
(I just posted on the co-ordinating thread that I thought it was a thyroid problem, outta whack)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:34 pm
What's really out-of-whack is the cable news coverage of this event. In case it wasn't already obvious what a waste of time cable news is...

Speaking of which, has Larry King started booking folks around this story? Tune in tonight!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:39 pm
What really got me pissed was that at 32, she did not think of the ramifications of what she was doing. Law enforcement spent money and manpower, which could have been used productively, on what was a wild goose chase.

I understand that one of the states involved is considering with charging her with a crime. I wouldn't want her to go to jail, but probation and a hefty fine would teach her a good lesson.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:48 pm
I was looking for more information on this case, and do you know what I found? Links to the stores and the items that the couple wanted in their wedding registries. Look to the right of the article for the links, and you will know what the couple want for wedding presents.

Funny, I don't see a gift certificate for psychiatric therapy for the bride. That is probably what she needs the most! Laughing

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/links/news-article.aspx?storyid=36520
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 07:15 pm
Odd you guys would bring up an eating disorder. When the fliers that were distributed last week were shown on tonight's news, I noticed she was listed at 5'8" and weighing 123 lbs. That's pretty thin but not anorexic-thin. More like model-thin.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 07:22 pm
Georgia girl, she looked gaunt to me. Not quite healthy. Well, I just wish the woman well; her fiance still wants the marriage to take place. Guess he wants to keep that Waterford crystal.

Later folks.
0 Replies

rainforest

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 04:42 am
Irresponsible woman and an idiot to boot! Publicity stunt in my opinion and I have a feeling her fiance knew it all along! And with the inane, silly and pathetic Fox News prime time coverage, its so easy to become a celebrity these days! As if Bill O'Reilly, Hannity and Colmes and Greta Van Susteren has nothing more important to cover!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:08 am
She ended up in Alberquerque, out of funds and nowhere to go. She called the Alberguerque crisis hotline, which is connected to the police.

The Alberquergue police are all on her side. they were the first people who saw her in her state of mind, and they all think this was a woman who needed help.

The Alberqueque police are touting this as an example of the crisis hotline principle working, and I agree.

If they "throw the book" at this woman, they will be sending a message to other people in crisis that returning to where they belong is going to be difficult. That is not the message we should be sending.

Is it necessary for us to find the corpse of some runaway-suicide,and discover that, just before they killed themselves, they told someone on the street that they were thinking of returning home, but just couldn't face what was going to be waiting there, before we realize this?
0 Replies