What Are The Chances? - Pregnancy

Noddy24

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:20 pm
Sozobe--

I'm getting the feeling that Our Emotional Heroine may prefer el_pohl as a mate than the hypothetical father of this hypothetical child.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 10:14 pm
Hopefully so! Yes yes, we always used a condom, not using them is a jackpot. I know, the idea may not have been very clear, my english is still a tad funky... anyways...

Im back from some short vacations, my sister got married in Zacatecas, so that helped me clear my mind a bit. Thank you all for your comments! She sent me a message stating that "she was having the cramps" or that thing that precedes the period. Seems that she ain't pregnant after all...

So all in all, I'm a bit sad about how things unfolded. It always happens to me that I start thinking: "well, maybe I over-exaggerated", or "maybe I should have understood her better". In the end though, I do acknowledge the fact that she is a little bit in the crazy side... but well.

Returning into the relationship doesnt seem an intelligent thing to do now. Maybe, just maybe in the future. But... in the meantime... I'll take some emotional vacations.

Thanks again!
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 10:20 pm
The thing to consider is, how would she react if this ever happened again?

if she does nothing to indicate that she'd ever be any wiser or any more *sane*, don't even consider repeating a relationship with her.

Her behaviour was downright irrational, and had she been pregnant, it would have caused a catastrophic amount of stress and confusion all around... definitely not someone you ever want to risk that with again. Would YOU want her to mother any of your children? (It's something to consider when you do any sexual acts such as these...)
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:35 am
The answer, of course, is NO.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 06:46 am
el_pohl--

No primate was born knowing everything--that's what "growing up" is designed for.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 11:04 pm
Wise words indeed...

The lady is angry at me and "never wants to talk to me again", arguing that I didnt understand her, and that I wasn't there when she most needed help...

I'm the kind of person that believes problems are not to be blamed on one member of the relationship only, so I can't deny that I'm sad of how this story is ending. One of the most bitter lessons in life is actually accepting (even if it sounds silly) that one ain't perfect. I'm a sensible person that generally blames on itself much of the problems that take place in relationships, thinking that "I could have done better", even when at the time it seemed the only adecuate thing to do.

I feel a bit like a "bad person", even when I know that through experiences like this, we approach more and more to a wiser state of mind.

Sad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:42 am
el_pohl--

Lunacy is very hard to understand.

I think your former girlfriend was in such a state that she figured, "If he'd really loved me, he'd have made all possible effects of my stupid judgement disappear."

Now you both know you're not Superman. You also have an inkling that this is a woman who does not face her troubles rationally. Do you really want to be responsible to her for all the flaws in the world, in yourself and in her imagination? (Obviously she is flawless.)
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 03:09 pm
Wow, you place it very clearly and with much sense. Thank you Noddy! I'm a new man.

I declare this threat to be officially over, thank you all!
0 Replies