Judge Blocks Abortion of 13 yo- It Might Harm Her

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 11:48 pm
I gave you false information earlier. "a 12-year-old Florida girl who was sexually abused by an illegal alien from Pakistan. Florida authorities botched the case and admit they allowed an illegal alien child molester to go free."

I thought he was from afganistan....Ooops
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 04:33 am
One of the major problems with the United States right now is that the people most loudly proclaiming possession of the moral high ground are among the most disgusting human beings ever to pretend morality.

I thank my lucky stars...and whatever gods might exist...that I can see past my own comfort and feel a bit of compassion for those who haven't lucked out in life as I have.

For those who are so judgemental they cannot see past their own good fortune...I wish you lots of tragedy. Maybe that will teach you something about empathy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 04:38 am
Quote:
For those who are so judgemental they cannot see past their own good fortune...I wish you lots of tragedy. Maybe that will teach you something about empathy.

Frank- Amen, brother!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 05:23 am
I do not make judgments on people in matters as this, but I do think one of the worst justifications for abortion is that 'the child is not wanted and therefore should not be brought into the world." I would bet a year's pay there is a stable and loving family out there ready and eager to adopt an infant.

It's also interesting that some of the same people who were applauding the judges in the Schiavo case and/or who otherwise think judges rule 'correctly', are certain the judge is wrong in this case. But okay. I tend to like judges who rule the way I want and dislike those who don't too.

So who is on the better side of this issue assuming there is no good side? Those who want the state to bail the kid out of the jam she got herself into, or those who advocate people taking responsibility for the choices they make and thus learn to make better choices?

How would I rule if I was that judge? I am deeply conflicted. I have a 13-year-old granddaughter who is the light of my life.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:09 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I do not make judgments on people in matters as this, but I do think one of the worst justifications for abortion is that 'the child is not wanted and therefore should not be brought into the world." I would bet a year's pay there is a stable and loving family out there ready and eager to adopt an infant.

Sure you would. And you would win. But that would not mean a thing...because there are thousands upon thousands of infants who simply cannot get adopted for one reason or another already.

So make your bet if it makes you feel better.

It shouldn't!

Quote:
So who is on the better side of this issue assuming there is no good side? Those who want the state to bail the kid out of the jam she got herself into, or those who advocate people taking responsibility for the choices they make and thus learn to make better choices?

Boy...talk about false choices!!!!

One...allowing her to have an abortion would not be "bail(ing) the kid out of a jam she got herself into." It would be allowing her a choice over her own body...just as any woman contemplating an abortion exercises.

Two...just what makes you suppose that electing to have an abortion is not "...taking responsibility for the choices they make and thus learn(ing) to make better choices?"

Why do you see electing abortion as mutually exclusive of those ends?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 12:30 pm
I'd very much like to know the age and circumstances of the father of this unborn child. My guess--and this is only a guess--is that he's at least 17 and even a four-year age difference is enormous.

Maybe the pregnancy is a result of "seduction" rather than rape--but what did this child's biological parents and foster parents and the State of Florida teach her about love?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 01:49 pm
I read in today's paper that the judge decided to allow the girl to have an abortion.

Maybe Florida isn't as unreasonable as it seems.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 04:31 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Sure you would. And you would win. But that would not mean a thing...because there are thousands upon thousands of infants who simply cannot get adopted for one reason or another already.

So make your bet if it makes you feel better.

It shouldn't!

Quote:

Boy...talk about false choices!!!!

One...allowing her to have an abortion would not be "bail(ing) the kid out of a jam she got herself into." It would be allowing her a choice over her own body...just as any woman contemplating an abortion exercises.

Two...just what makes you suppose that electing to have an abortion is not "...taking responsibility for the choices they make and thus learn(ing) to make better choices?"

Why do you see electing abortion as mutually exclusive of those ends?

Your wrong, it is not babies that are having a hard time being adopted, it is older children.
0 Replies