Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

spendius

Thu 2 Apr, 2009 03:20 am
@rosborne979,
Gee!! I hadn't noticed that. It really is amazing.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Thu 2 Apr, 2009 07:47 am
@rosborne979,
The acronyms are ID: Idiot's Delight and DI: Disruptive Ideology
spendius

Thu 2 Apr, 2009 05:44 pm
@Lightwizard,
Get on Acronyms LW. Test your intellect.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 08:21 am
I think I heard the horse whinny and die.
rosborne979

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:30 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:

ID was identified as religion and laid to rest within the first few pages of this thread. It's not really debatable which is why it's fun to debate; it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Not only that but in their attempts to rationalize the irrational, the IDiots make themselves look like fools before lining up to get shot. This horse is just too much fun to let die Smile
Lightwizard

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 09:52 am
@rosborne979,
It has a sway back and it's ready for the glue factory.
farmerman

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:44 am
@Lightwizard,
yes but guys like spendi keep putting a fresh coat of lipstick on that mare
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 11:27 am
@farmerman,
The color changes frequently.
Lightwizard

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 11:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
It's the horse of a different color in "The Wizard of Oz." Some of the posters are from fantasy land.
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 03:56 pm
@Lightwizard,
Fantasy land is okay if you're at Disneyland.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 05:17 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:
It's the horse of a different color in "The Wizard of Oz."

That's a bit old fashioned old chap. I thought Eraserhead might be more in your line.

I hadn't realised you had a romantic dimension.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 3 Apr, 2009 05:35 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:

Are you frightened of Acronyms LW and think you can disguise the fact with a cheapskate wisecrack.

With only techniques like that at your beck and call you are probably being sensible at that level where it is sensible the sew the kid's gloves to their coat sleeves.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 4 Apr, 2009 03:08 am
Does anybody know anything about animals that kill their young? I know cats sometimes do it. Do any others?

And infanticide has a long history in human affairs.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Sat 4 Apr, 2009 11:14 pm
I'm sure Splendiose could give us the name of a pub where abortion of common sense is practiced
Shirakawasuna

Sun 5 Apr, 2009 02:57 am
lol, naturally Spendi's gauge of intelligence is one's ability to construct something witty out of the first letters of a title. In other words, doing something pointless that requires little knowledge or reasoning. Gonna make that thread yet, spendius?
cicerone imposter

Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:12 am
@tenderfoot,
Well stated, indeed!@
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:23 am
@Shirakawasuna,
Did you meen witless? Wit should illicit at least a little chuckle -- he's only able to evoke a sigh and a groan.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:30 am
@Shirakawasuna,
Quote:
lol, naturally Spendi's gauge of intelligence is one's ability to construct something witty out of the first letters of a title. In other words, doing something pointless that requires little knowledge or reasoning. Gonna make that thread yet, spendius?

Witty hopefully. But something that contains a germ of a universal truth is more important.

But it is to be hoped Shira that when you reach the age when your physical state has deteriorated to the point which directs you towards publications in the genre of Youth Recaptured, designed for balding, pot-bellied, shagged-out has-beens to attempt repristinations of juvenile agility, you will be careful to confine yourself to those sub-divisions relating to families of muscles rather than to those electrical reactivities of the neural contents of your cranium the restoration of which is likely to create conditions of ERS (Eye rolling syndrome) in your neighborhood and possibly in your county of residence which will hardly be to your advantage as ci. is consistently determined to prove.

Quote:
I'm sure Splendiose could give us the name of a pub where abortion of common sense is practiced

Try Yellow Pages-- there a long list of them in that.
Shirakawasuna

Mon 6 Apr, 2009 04:29 am
@spendius,
"
But it is to be hoped Shira that when you reach the age when your physical state has deteriorated to the point which directs you towards publications in the genre of Youth Recaptured, designed for balding, pot-bellied, shagged-out has-beens to attempt repristinations of juvenile agility, you will be careful to confine yourself to those sub-divisions relating to families of muscles rather than to those electrical reactivities of the neural contents of your cranium the restoration of which is likely to create conditions of ERS (Eye rolling syndrome) in your neighborhood and possibly in your county of residence which will hardly be to your advantage as ci. is consistently determined to prove. "

Thanks for pouring on the convoluted stupid for old times' sake. I had almost forgotten how long it would take you to almost make a very simple and irrelevant point.
spendius

Mon 6 Apr, 2009 05:58 am
@Shirakawasuna,
I wasn't trying to make a simple point. That's your bag. I was trying to amuse myself and hopefully a few others at your expense.

I haven't come across the expression "almost forgotten" before. I've heard of nearly smelling a rat though.