Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

farmerman

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 12:45 pm
wandel. I was interested in the findings re: the flagellal refutation of irreducible complexity. Unlike spendi, our self proclaimed polyhistor, most of us work in a world where we have one or two expertise compartmemnts, a whole bunch of areas of interest, and an even greater mass of subjectswith which were not familiar.

I hink its funny how we (as a series of disciplines) keep cutting the legs out beneath Irreducible complexity nd the IDers try to either poo poo the data, or else divert our attention.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 12:50 pm
farmerman, They "try" to divert our attention. How often do you think they succeed? "Zero" is my best guestimate.
0 Replies

Mathos

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 12:55 pm
FARMER
most of us work in a world where we have one or two expertise compartmemnts (sic), a whole bunch of areas of interest, and an even greater mass of subjectswith (sic) which were not familiar.

Perhaps akin to an old boy's network were you need to know the funny handshake and the applicable pass word or pin number.

It enables the fraternity to concur in concurring that everything they say is scientifically sanctioned and approved.

Murphy's law is an also ran besides it.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 12:56 pm
Thank you, farmerman.

Here is the portion of the article that deals with research pertaining to flagellum evolution:
Quote:

Source: National Geographic Magazine, November 2006
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 01:10 pm
I find it ironic that those scientists are Brits. LOL
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 02:06 pm
It gives an evolutionary context to Behes drawing o a flagellum. In his drawings he portrays a complex series of rotors, stators, and splines that argue his "irreducible complexity" story. Just as the enzyme "cascade" of blood clotting was put into an evolutionary story last year, perhaps this, one of the last remaining arguments of the Irreducible Complexity myth will finally pull out the rug from "true" ID.

Mathos, I apologize for my awful spelling but its mostly cause my left hand is quite a mess,
0 Replies

Mathos

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 02:08 pm
Apologies Farmer, it was a simple opportunity, and as you know, you don't let opportunity pass you by. I thought you were just being lazy! Embarrassed
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 02:15 pm
I know, and dont think I dont pull out my crippled hand to give people the finger that isnt there. hee heee.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 02:21 pm
fm wrote-

Quote:
most of us work in a world where we have one or two expertise compartmemnts,

Translation- most of us work in a world where we have one or two tickets to the taxpayer's trough.

Quote:
I hink its funny how we (as a series of disciplines) keep cutting the legs out beneath Irreducible complexity

Dream on.

Quote:
It gives an evolutionary context to Behes drawing o a flagellum. In his drawings he portrays a complex series of rotors, stators, and splines that argue his "irreducible complexity" story.

His drawings argue nothing of the sort. There isn't even a story unless one asserts there is.

Quote:
Just as the enzyme "cascade" of blood clotting was put into an evolutionary story last year, perhaps the Irreducible Complexity myth will pull out the rug from ID.

Eh?

It's a cute mythed metaphor though.
0 Replies

Mathos

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 02:39 pm
Farmer

I bet you give it with 'real style' too!
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 02:41 pm
spendi
Quote:
His drawings argue nothing of the sort. There isn't even a story unless one asserts there is.

I submit that theres not only a story, theres an entire book for the true beliievers.
Gee , so now you even wish to argue that Mike Behe doesnt know of what he writes(and draws). You certainly are the know-it-all spendi. I wish I had all your field of acomplishment neath my belt. My ass wouldnt fit through the door.

Quote:
Translation- most of us work in a world where we have one or two tickets to the taxpayer's trough.

If , by that, you mean me. Youre all wet and full of **** as usual.
Quote:
Just as th. enzyme "cascade" of blood clotting was put into an evolutionary story last year, perhaps this, one of the last remaining arguments of the Irreducible Complexity myth will finally pull out the rug from "true" ID.
This is what I posted. I dont know what youre talking about
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 02:55 pm
fm wrote-

Quote:
I submit that theres not only a story, theres an entire book for the true beliievers.

As there are entire shelves of books for true believers on astrology, the Bermuda Triangle and Witchcraft. (To name but three).

Quote:
Gee , so now you even wish to argue that Mike Behe doesnt know of what he writes(and draws). You certainly are the know-it-all spendi. I wish I had all your field of acomplishment neath my belt. My ass wouldnt fit through the door.

Read more widely and your wish will be granted and you could always have the door widened.

Quote:
If , by that, you mean me. Youre all wet and full of **** as usual.

I was referring to the industry that has been built on taxpayer provision and which wouldn't exist without it. One could say that it is a classic case of intelligent design or even an act of creation from nothing.

Quote:
Just as th. enzyme "cascade" of blood clotting was put into an evolutionary story last year, perhaps this, one of the last remaining arguments of the Irreducible Complexity myth will finally pull out the rug from "true" ID.

I didn't know what that meant I'll admit. I accept responsibility for that.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 04:34 pm
The colour we know as red is roughly from 7600 angstrom units to 6500 on the spectrum. An Angsrtom unit of wavelength is 10 to the -10 cms.

The EM spectrum extends well out on either side of the visible.

What is light?

"And God said,Let there be light; and there was light.

And God saw the light, that IT WAS good; and God divided the light from the darkness."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 04:52 pm
If there is light as we know it as the sun, god didn't have to divide day and night; it was taken care by physics.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 04:55 pm
Only a flat-earth religious nut will continue to believe in the comic book called the bible.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 06:05 pm
spendi, quoting me quoting him
Quote:
Quote:

As there are entire shelves of books for true believers on astrology, the Bermuda Triangle and Witchcraft. (To name but three).

Uh, As I said before (Im sure this wont be missed by a number of the others , even RL is going D'Oh) You are subverting your entire basis of logic by attempting to refute the "polished monkey" of ID
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 06:18 pm
fm wrote-

Quote:
even RL is going D'Oh)

I had warned you that fundamentalists and evolution theorists are categorised by my side as equivalents.

But fancy bringing rl on board. That's a sign of desperation. A sort of "let's all us anti-intelligent design proponents" stick together.

Are you in a funding and self-publicity symbiosis?
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 06:28 pm
c.i. wrote-

Quote:
Only a flat-earth religious nut will continue to believe in the comic book called the bible.

A full frontal, dick out, attack on the very foundation of our culture and of the art to which millions traipse at great expense and trouble to pass close to at 4 mph whilst chomping on a burger in order to wallow in the cachet they get when they return and from informing their comatose companions that they have "seen" it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 06:49 pm
spendi, I'm only using your claim that numbers don't mean anything, and have very little, if any, credibility - like the scientific club.

I'm still waiting for you to respond to those damn Brits like Charles Darwin who is responsible for introducing "evolution" to the scientifc community, and don't forget Mark Pallen of the University of Birmingham and his coleagues on "the clues found on how intricate mechanism was assembled from simpler parts." Their study of flagellum confirms how simple bacteria has evolved over millions of years to support evolution by natural selection into more complex life forms.

It was not god.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 13 Nov, 2006 07:06 pm
Clues are clues c.i.

They are not evidence.

What about light?

Euclid started there. He made a forgiveable error in thinking it beamed out from his own eyes. But he was on the right track.

Does light contain what is required.

Magian religions have architecture which hides from light. Faustian architecture glories in light. Cathedrals are light machines.

"I see my light come shining
From the west unto the east."

Bob Dylan.
0 Replies