Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

spendius

Thu 9 Nov, 2006 06:02 pm
c.i. wrote-

Quote:
spendi, You speak volumes about yourself that shows your disrespect for women and science. It's a wonder you even respect the patrons of the bar you frequent.

No c.i.

It's your problem.

You are defining "stupid" your way. Thus you define "intelligence" your way. i.e. as a compliment to yourself and your way of looking at things. You are a double-dyed-in-the-wool Male Chauvinist Pig of the very worst type.

"Stupid" when applied to the female sex means what "intelligence" means to the male sex. You obviously cannot see this difference which has sometimes been known as the YinYangerooney in those countries you have visited to explore their culture and broaden your mind.

Steer clear of can-can girls is my advice. Thinking that your "intelligence" is a match for "stupidity" of that order is quite dangerous.

fm-

I have never been struck in anger in my life and I pride myself on imagining you lot are blokes leaning on the bar. A2K has similarities to pubs. Not enough. But some. Cliques. Temptresses. (Mainly teasers past their best but that's pubs at our age.)
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 9 Nov, 2006 06:09 pm
Pauligirl-

Did you choose your avvie with a scene from The Man With Two Brains in mind?

It reminds me of it. There's a lot of great scenes in that movie but that was the funniest.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 9 Nov, 2006 06:11 pm
spendi, Your ability to read "stupid" and "intelligence" in my posts shows your inability to translate most things that you read. Your writing also needs improvement if you continue to imagine what we say is so difficult for you to decipher and comprehend. I only reiterate what you have said in so many words and paragraphs.

I have the ability to use those words, but I have not when discussing anything on this thread - as far as I can remember.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 9 Nov, 2006 06:26 pm
Whatever you say c.i.

I prefer stupid women. Intelligent women are boring and much too much like men and thus hardly a challenge. Mr Kerry is married to an intelligent woman I gather. Laura would get my vote everytime.

I'm glad you don't agree because it makes the competition less fierce.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 9 Nov, 2006 06:55 pm
spendi, Your seeking dumb women is none of my business. That you find intelligent women boring keeps you at distance from what most men desire; smart, charming, and the good looking ones, who can turn heads. It's also a fact of life that "good looking" is in the eye of the beholder. Wink
0 Replies

stuh505

Thu 9 Nov, 2006 07:44 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
spendi, Your seeking dumb women is none of my business. That you find intelligent women boring keeps you at distance from what most men desire; smart, charming, and the good looking ones, who can turn heads. It's also a fact of life that "good looking" is in the eye of the beholder. Wink

More likely he likes the stupid women because they actually believe his babble and it makes him feel smart.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 9 Nov, 2006 10:59 pm
stuh, Good observation! LOL
0 Replies

Eorl

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 01:02 am
...and statistically, they are more likely to be religious....and obedient.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:16 am
It is quite obvious that stuh, Eorl and c.i. have never engaged, properly I mean, with Ovid, Eleusis, Rabelais, Shakespeare, Feilding, Goldsmith, De Laclos, Gibbon, Stendhal, De Quincey, Flaubert, Tolstoy, Proust, Ibsen, Spengler, Rider Haggard, Shaw, Joyce, Larkin, Amis Snr, Harris, Henry Miller, Mailer, Dylan, Benny Hill, Anthony Burgess, The Carry On series, Dick van Dyke, VIZ and ZIT, etc. etc. etc. (I could fill the page).

Had they gone to the trouble of journeying adventurously in some of these exotic locations with an open mind instead of lapping up the media's self-serving versions of the relationship between the sexes they would have understood, or at least pondered before the blind rush to judgement, my remark-

Quote:
You are defining "stupid" your way. Thus you define "intelligence" your way. i.e. as a compliment to yourself and your way of looking at things. You are a double-dyed-in-the-wool Male Chauvinist Pig of the very worst type.

which Adam Smith agrees with along with many other notables of our culture. Indeed our very language is suffused from top to bottom with the same general position as are all other languages.

The idea that "stupid" women, using my notation, are religious and obedient is laughable. They have the destiny of the human race in their charge. Spengler said that they are destiny.

In point of fact Mr Ted Hughes, who was Poet Laureate, took over 500 pages of closely argued and researched text to make the same point in Shakespeare and the Goddess of Complete Being which, though only published in 1992, sells second hand on ebay for 4 times the original price.

I wrote earlier-

Quote:
Steer clear of can-can girls is my advice. Thinking that your "intelligence" is a match for "stupidity" of that order is quite dangerous.

and it is obvious from the comments I am addressing that these dangers, which many a scandal has highlighted, have been avoided by definitions of the female nature conducive to the comforts of the male intelligence and can thus be categorised as male chauvinist piggery of the most corrosive type in which that nature has been shoe-horned to fit the male boot and to not disturb his comforts or equanimity.

The result is what you see around you.

A lady on another forum wallows in her self admitted "stupidity" and has a bunch of male threaders eating out of her hand. Metaphorically I mean. Miss Monroe built her career on a portrayal of extreme "stupidity".

Let us not clutter up a science thread with the Agony Aunt versions of "intelligence". Agony Aunts are notorious for using their victims to stress their own "intelligence". Science concerns itself with the facts rather than some superficial judgements based on reading a few newspapers and magazines and which are tailored to suit their readers.

As Bob Dylan sang in the unpublished Jet Pilot- "She ain't a woman, she's a man."

The cutting edge comedy on British TV these days is coming from exactly the same place.

"All the nice girls love a sailor". "Nice" notice.

And evolutionary theory is perfectly in tune. It has no room for tweeti
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:21 am
spendius wrote:
... YinYangerooney...
Any relation to Wayne? And does Alex know?
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:35 am
Your question Steve does have interesting possibilities which I will pass by for now. I would need to do some research on the "intelligence" or "stupidity" of Colleen but she does seem to have Wayne under some sort of control.

Your post prevented me from editing my post which, for some reason cut out the end. It read "tweeting sentimentalities".
0 Replies

Mathos

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:53 am
Colleen is a 'clever scouser' matey:-

On her own account she is presently lined up for a multi-million pound advertising contract, and my bet is Phillip Green (Sir) will be passing her the golden pen to sign on the dotted line in the not too distant future.

Thick as planks these footballers wives and girlfriends?
0 Replies

Mathos

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:59 am
From memory it is at present a £3M advertising campaign she will be fronting for one of the major food stoors (Asda I think;- they have a fashion centre)

Waynes earning potential will no doubt put Beckhams in the shade as well

The couple have done well. The best is yet to come.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:06 am
Mathos wrote-

Quote:
Thick as planks these footballers wives and girlfriends?

That is only to be expected because footballers with their youth, fame and fortune have the widest choice.

If Colleen is into a £3 million deal it is obvious that those paying the £3 have detected a fascination in the female population, the main buyers of food, for the type she represents rather than the type which has successfully (?) negotiated what is essentially a curriculum derived from male sensibilities.
0 Replies

Mathos

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:29 am
Didn't you notice the question mark bollock brains, I was being cynical.

Asda have a side clothing outlet, Georges I think they call it, she's going to be fronting the advertising for their clothes. Not food Spendi, leastways I doubt it being food.

The younger generation have a fixed diet, pizza and more pizza with the odd ketchup drenched burger. Disgusting in my book, but it's evolution, I wonder if Jesus would have queued up for a burger?

You might need to get some of these Yanks back in church as well Spendi, theres a few preachers over there who would MAKE believers out of them!
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:00 am
Mathos-

Go to Goggle

Type- Shakespeare goddess complete being hughes

Click Search

Read around for a week or two.

Find out how far out of the loop you are. Discover how your mind has been formed by the cultural heritage and how inadequate fossils and suchlike are in understanding such an intimate and important organ of the biology which anti-ID downgrades to subservience to "known" material facts either as career strategy or status symbol or just for the hell of it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:41 am
Making use of that which spendi and Mathos so generously provide ...

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/585/sl07ty2.jpg
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 11:55 am
To downgrade it that far timber suggests that you are in favour of closing down all university departments which deal, however obliquely, with art.

I am tempted to respond in kind but the sheer easiness of doing so puts me off as I know anything easy isn't worth a banana. And bananas are similar to carrots which in the Feminist lexicon are compared to men for their shape and as they are "cheap and plentiful and easily cooked" as Ms Greer once so cleverly opined.

Feminists being anti-ID to a (wo)man.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 12:39 pm
Spendi stands behind his manure spreader. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 12:41 pm
The unfortunate thing for spendi is he doesn't realize how much shet surrounds him.
0 Replies