Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

farmerman

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:31 am
Quote:
There's nothing I want. But as the four horses I have tipped on these threads have all won (2 Grand Nationals and 2 Derbys) how about you finding me a winner. I do like taking money off the bookies even though I have no use for it. Don't you know yet that spending money is harder work than making it? Veblen called it the "night shift".

Have you all really nothing to say about the Aphrodite/Hera/Athena trilogy? Can you not lend a hand to entertain our readers? It is entertainment after all. I bet you don't even know that there's a link to this thread with that trilogy and to Dover and to media.

Is there a point here?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:48 am
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
There's nothing I want. But as the four horses I have tipped on these threads have all won (2 Grand Nationals and 2 Derbys) how about you finding me a winner. I do like taking money off the bookies even though I have no use for it. Don't you know yet that spending money is harder work than making it? Veblen called it the "night shift".

Have you all really nothing to say about the Aphrodite/Hera/Athena trilogy? Can you not lend a hand to entertain our readers? It is entertainment after all. I bet you don't even know that there's a link to this thread with that trilogy and to Dover and to media.

Is there a point here?

Spendi's posts are like a puzzle box; you work real hard to get it open, but all you find inside is just a wad of pre-chewed gum.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 06:23 am
Hes like my drunken brother-in-law, whos always quoting Galbraith and Lincoln. Whether or not his quotes have any meaning, thats another thing entirely.
0 Replies

Mathos

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:22 am
Gentlemen, would it not be more practical to humour him?

You have had your fun and made the idiotic oink look more imbecilic than his parents gave credence for, the clown is now invading the Trivia threads, (a small section of the forum reserved for us without high IQ levels) and vaunting that he has left you all wriggling in your own juices so to speak.

The proposal is that we nominate Spendi to emigrate to America and apply for citizenship there-in.

Would one of you kind souls care to vouch for him?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:38 am
Mathos:

I am sure people have asked you this before, but what is your relationship with spendius?

Two mercenaries named Spendius and Mathos were involved in the Punic Wars (240 B.C.):

Quote:

Source: Wikipedia
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:41 am
Wandel, go to a search engine and type: "Spendius+Mathos+Flaubert" . . . that will serve to enlighten you as to the origin of their screen names.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:43 am
Mathos wrote:
The proposal is that we nominate Spendi to emigrate to America and apply for citizenship there-in.

Were that accomplished, and it became generally known that you were responsible, your life would not be worth a plugged nickel, as we are sometimes wont to say.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:46 am
Flaubert's stunning metaphor of Hippolyte's club foot at the mercy of the posturing half-baked scientist brigade in Madame Bovary springs to mind.

But I seem to be dealing here with people who don't think it is necessary to engage with things like that before preaching about an educational system for a nation of 300 million. It's as if they think Flaubert sweated blood just to write a story.

Have you not noticed the increase in Aphrodities as religious sentiment has declined. They will be reopening Her temples before long.

Anti-IDers have this simple notion, it has to be simple you see, that IDers are idiots and that's all there is to it. Grappling with the FACT that it is much more complex is avoided for obvious reasons.

That can be dismissed with a snide remark or better a long,continuous flow of them all equally valid as they are all meaningless.

It's effortless. It seeks to reduce the debate to the level of a bar.

Look at this-

Quote:
Whether or not his quotes have any meaning, thats another thing entirely.

It says nothing but gives the impression the brother-in-law is stupid after the "drunk" smear which may or may not be true and if it is fm's wife comes from the same stable. I don't recall ever quoting Lincoln but I have quoted Galbraith in my time. He is one of the chosen. His words do have meaning so the "another thing entirely" (the cheap sarcasm) is fm's problem. Mt Galbraith was an educated gentleman.

If you would care to provide any quotes from your brother-in-law fm I'll have a go at explaining them for you.

ros- I wouldn't attempt to solve the puzzle if I was you. I would get some serious reading done first. 10 years should get you started.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:59 am
spendi,

Do you and Mathos frequent the same pub?
0 Replies

Mathos

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:33 am
Gentlemen,

Myself not being scholarly, erudite or blessed with a gown and mortar you will have to accept my connections with the oink for what they are.

Nothing.

I have used the name Mathos for some years, simply being taken from Mt. Athos, nothing more. The fact that Spendi (who was well embroiled on these threads prior to my arrival) was here and apparently spoke often of the book Salambo (Flaubert) commenced to be quite insolent and indeed defamatory on my Robert Zimmerman thread produced an array of 'banter' for want of a better word.

This in turn lead to other members accusing us of being one and the same person, comrades in arms, two complete idiots and other more implicit accusations, which can of course be run on these pages with total immunity and impunity.

Along the highway, I discovered that Spendius was a Yorkshireman, and there is nothing more abhorrent to a Lancastrian such as myself than a Yorkshireman.

They are, without doubt and I reiterate without fear or mental reservation
the most despicable form of sub-human entity on the surface of the planet.

They do not use soap, they have no table etiquette, eat with their hands or stick their large noses into the trough, hence 'oinklike' They are raucously foul mouthed as has been amply illustrated on this thread on numerous occasions.

The prisons in England are full of such creatures, I would suggest you 'Google Peter Sutcliffe' as a prime example. There are many more.

I do not know which area of Yorkshire the clown resides in and although I consider him to be a native of Bradford ( the worst of this breed appear to reside in that satanic place) he has never confirmed or denied my accusation of this. It would be most unlikely that I would enter the type of low life ale house Spendi frequents. I enjoy the odd gill. However his drinking pattern would in my opinion be the hallmark of a sot. You are more likely to find Mathos in the bar of a high class restaurant or hotel. My own local which I visit on occasion to avoid being 'forgotten about' is a quaint little thatched public house and I tender my sporting assets for fetes and other such charitable benefits.

You are of course entitled to your views and considerations, I respect the same even though I find it somewhat frustrating, if not annoying to find myself being tarred with the same brush as this imbecile.

I thank you for taking the trouble to read my brief explanation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:42 am
Mathos wrote:
Along the highway, I discovered that Spendius was a Yorkshireman, and there is nothing more abhorrent to a Lancastrian such as myself than a Yorkshireman.

I see--so, you're saying that if Spurious wants to dip his headlights, he drives to the nearest lake?

Is this now become a Wars of the Roses Redux?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ea/Lancashire_rose.svg/276px-Lancashire_rose.svg.png

Can we expect that the red rose of Lancaster will prevail over its palid opponent?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:49 am
ARKANSAS UPDATE

Quote:
Beebe cites rulings in clarification of comments on intelligent design
0 Replies

Mathos

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:56 am
Setanta wrote:
Mathos wrote:

I see--so, you're saying that if Spurious wants to dip his headlights, he drives to the nearest lake?

Is this now become a Wars of the Roses Redux?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ea/Lancashire_rose.svg/276px-Lancashire_rose.svg.png

Can we expect that the red rose of Lancaster will prevail over its palid opponent?

Hasn't it always!
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:57 am
Long live Henry Tudor, the Earl of Richmond, who, lacking not a horse, had a kingdom.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:02 am
Setanta-

You have been believing things again that you have no evidence for apart from the bullshit Mathos puts out.

I hope you have no difficulty surrendering that particular one because it would be best if you did in view of the fact that it is incorrect.

Did you ever see Cyril Washbrook bat or read the books on cricket by a very famous son of Lancashire. Stan Laurel as well. And I read once that Jesse Jackson was born in Wigan but I don't know whether to believe that.
You should watch Coronation Street. It's written by the highest paid scriptwriters we have here. One can see the battles being fought around the table between the "take the piss out of Lancashire brigade" and the "love Lancashire" faction. It's got half the Home Counties schizophrenic. From what I can tell Lancashire is on the up. I'd get back there if I was you. Every thought that property prices are a slow motion closing of the gates? The Queen has said, and She watches Corrie, that's how posh it is, that if She ever retires it will be to the Ribble Valley.

Any Lancashire mill girls in your pedigree? They are (were sadly) the crowning Glory of blossoming and starting to fruit Womanhood. You see Set-I don't disparage women at all. I disparage that lot who think they are superior to Lancashire mill girls.

'Scuse me- I need an immediate cold shower.
0 Replies

Mathos

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:03 am
I charge my glass and drink to the Queen, The Duke of Lancaster.

So mote it be.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:03 am
As between York and Lancaster, there is little to choose from my point of view. All of my ancestors were Celts, and none were Sassanach.
0 Replies

Mathos

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:07 am
You mean your a descendant from a tribe of half witted, inter- bred, red haired, goofy toothed, freckled faced jocks?
0 Replies

Mathos

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:15 am
I'd choose to keep that to myself if I were you pal, people will be laughing at you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:18 am
Mathos wrote:
You mean your a descendant from a tribe of half witted, inter- bred, red haired, goofy toothed, freckled faced jocks?

No, there are no Englishmen in my family tree.
0 Replies