Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Chumly

Tue 8 Aug, 2006 09:19 pm
I can always count on a chuckle or two in the pursuit of broadening (burdening?) my horizonsÂ…Â…..if the cast of characters includes timberlandko, farmerman & spendius.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Tue 8 Aug, 2006 09:24 pm
Glad to be of service, Chumly. As they say, "If ya ain't havin' fun, yer doin' it wrong." Laughing
0 Replies

wandeljw

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:10 am
GEORGIA UPDATE

Quote:
Cobb ousts incumbent Johnstone from school board
(Atlanta Journal-Constitution, August 9, 2006)

Cobb voters gave a resounding rebuke to school board member Kathie Johnstone on Tuesday. The one-term incumbent, who has been dogged by controversy over laptop computers and evolution-disclaimer stickers, lost in a landslide.

Johnstone pinned her defeat to the fact that she chaired the board during an intense time of controversy over everything from evolution-disclaimer stickers on textbooks to redistricting and the failed laptop computer proposal.

"I was chairman through much of what went on," she said. "It was my face on television speaking for the board. I think people who were truly informed, the people who worked in the district, understood the good things that happened here."
0 Replies

timberlandko

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:57 am
Seems the ID-iots just can't catch a break, don't it? By the evidence, one comfortably might surmise the movement really is in its death-throws. It must be borne in mind, however, that even a doomed, cornered, crippled critter, despite its foregone, inevitable, inescapably terminal fate, can be so long as it is not dead still dangerous. Now is not the time for the reasonable to let down their guard.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:09 am
Another long-winded rant meaning nothing due to the fact that "dangerous" is an assertion which relies entirely for any validity on the asserter simply having typed it and thus so does the rant.

A suspicion might arise that the asserter has chosen "dangerous" for no other purpose than to provide an excuse to have a rant in the usual manner of soggy liberals one of whom was in the papers today saying that the sun's rays are "dangerous" all the time and that we should use sunscreen all the year round, even on cloudy winter days and for those who work inside buildings. We should keep the tube next to our toothbrush, she opined, accompanied by loud groanings from the public bar.

Surely, if the asserter is correct, ID-iots should be rounded up by the uniformed branch. It is, after all, the prime function of the UB, uniforms being a sort of cheap vestement, to round up people who are "dangerous". Isn't it?

Have you called in yet timber to alert them to the "danger". They might not know.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:12 am
"long-winded rant"?????

spendi, you have even lost your sense of proportion
0 Replies

timberlandko

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:19 am
wandeljw wrote:

One first must have a thing to lose that thing; spendi's lost nothing.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 12:30 pm
wande wrote-

Quote:
"long-winded rant"?????

Not in the least. I made it short and snappy on purpose. The problem is your attention span.

I daresay that you didn't notice when you read timber's post that it was built on the assertion of "dangerous". The reason you wouldn't have noticed is because you can't make it through a short and snappy explanation of the editorial trickery employed by an anti-IDer and thus will spend the rest of your life reading meaningless rants at very great length which employ the same device. I can hardly believe it hasn't been explained to you previously. That would be a real black mark for your grade teachers.

Those with the wit to pick up on my explanation will avoid that fate and if they do they can put it down to -say- two minutes reading time and considering the benefits of getting it I consider that my piece was ultra efficient. A little practice and they'll be able to do it with Times editorials as I can. Or anything else for that matter.

Of course I realise that your judgement is blinded by the fact that you also would have used "dangerous" in such a spiel but it is quite normal for the converted to think that way as if it is a scientific fact that it means anything outside the head of the ranter and those of fellow anti-IDers.

DANGER-THE END IS NIGH! Are all anti-IDers pessimists?
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:48 pm
If one asks spendi for the time,one would get a lecture on how to make a watch.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:49 pm
To spendius "short and snappy" means without a table of contents
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:50 pm
spendis posts, for the most part, are "over the counter" sleep aids
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:51 pm
Knock KNock
0 Replies

patiodog

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:03 pm
who's there?
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:04 pm
Oswald Spengler
0 Replies

patiodog

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:06 pm
oswald spengler who?
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:14 pm
now you started it. You got spendi really pissed.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:15 pm
Not at all.

I've only had 3 and 1/2 pints of 3.8% because it's Wednesday and my general irresponsibilty only starts to kick in on Friday afternoons.

It's an unspoken deal with the Government. One does have to be sensible about these things. One can't have one's way all the time.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:49 pm
farmerman wrote:
If one asks spendi for the time,one would get a lecture on how to make a watch.

And on top of that, it's a watch that doesn't work.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:41 am
Sheesh! This is really funny.

Grown men. Blimey!

Not even the slightest shred of wit. 40 points on the IQ scale below the Trivia forum.

No wonder Spengler is out of bounds.

You should ask your Mums to get you a copy of Elementary Introduction to The Dunciad: Pope Made Easy by Jennifer Whiteside (16).

"An ideal present" (Church Times).

"No budding intellectual can afford to miss it. (The Guardian).

"The best book Whiteside has written." New York Review of Books. (American edition contains detailed appendix on how to turn over in bed.)

"Stunning!" Omaha World Herald.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 10 Aug, 2006 06:10 am
Were trying desperately to stay down at your level spendi.. It is difficult to discern whether your ramblings are symptomatic of some condition that should be medicated , or is it just because youre usually loaded.
0 Replies