Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

cicerone imposter

Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:24 pm
Thank you, farmerman. If anybody is interested, I started a travelogue on my second trip to Russia in the Travel Forum.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:30 pm
Cool, Ill have to visit the site. My wife went on a trip to Russia with 2 of her friends in 2000. They went specifically to see the Hermitage and study the Impressionist art in residence there. They did not like the Aeroflots. She compared it to a C-119 with no bench seats. (She was a memeber of the Civil Air Patrol as a kid)
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 15 Jun, 2006 05:35 pm
Gee-

You've been to Russia have you c.i. Denied us the benefit of your wit and wisdom.

Rather you than me old boy.

What did you learn besides that you had been to Russia and that you had started-
Quote:
a travelogue on my second trip to Russia in the Travel Forum.

What was a standard whore converted from roubles into £s or $s. It's a benchmark. Not an all nighter because I know they vary a lot. A taxi job or a cheap hotel.Nothing indecent.Flat ribbed.

They are running weekend breaks to Riga for the lads around here due to the low price of whores there. That's near Russia isn't it. Only from May to September though.

Give us the inside track. We already know that the onion domes on the Kremlin are a wonderful sight with the morning sun glinting and that Red Square is very big.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 15 Jun, 2006 07:47 pm
Spendi sounds a bit envious ci. 'Hey spendi (unless theres some problem with your visa status) you can save up for a trip to Russia by foregoing every other pint and putting the money in a ferkin. It should mount up in no time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:52 pm
spendi's comments are of no value to anybody but himself. His world evolves around the pub, while mine evolves around the world.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 16 Jun, 2006 03:47 am
c.i. wrote-

Quote:
spendi's comments are of no value to anybody but himself. His world evolves around the pub, while mine evolves around the world.

And what does the world evolve" out of?

My comments would be of value to a lot of people if you would respond to them properly instead of hiding behind that mush.

The price of basic commodities is the best set of economic indicators for judging the status of an area and scientific studies have been done that show that male tourists head straight for what are known as "red light districts" as soon as they have parked their luggage in their wired up bedroom.

They are well known for round the world trippers.

There's Point Road in South Africa, Rue Abdallah Guech in Tunisia, Mong Kong in Hong Kong, Sonagachi in Kolkata, King's Cross in Sydney, Rue Saint-Denis in Paris, Lesson Street in Dublin, De Waller in Amsterdam, Barri Xines in Barcelona, Zono Norte in Mexico, Hunt's Point in NYC, Soho in London, The Gut in Malta and the Suburru in Ancient Rome.

There's hundreds of them. Amsterdam has half its economy based on the business. And now Riga is on the up.

The price in Sunset Boulevard compared to the price in Sonagachi is roughly the same as the comparison between the dollar and the rupee.

There are even special areas for the different propensities.

It's big business c.i. and as a well travelled person you are in a good position to provide A2Kers with guidance on this indicator of economic significance so we can judge who's up and who's down or who's in and who's out. According to one news report I saw a tin of baked beans is enough in some parts of Africa and a few of the aid workers have been caught exploiting their position in this regard.

If you go around the world to broaden your horizons you should look it straight in the face and not allow your basic Christian values to distort your perceptions.

No scientist would turn his face away from the main force field surrounding the tourist industry and especially not when he has contributed all that air and noise pollution to get there.

So give us the benefit of your experience and never mind the veils of decency which have no meaning to a true scientist.

Do they have "duty frees" in the US. That's a system here which enables those who can afford international travel to diddle the treasury out of money which could be used for educational or health purposes and help them fund more international travel.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 16 Jun, 2006 05:23 am
Have you read about the decisions of two federal judges on the New Orleans thread?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Sun 18 Jun, 2006 10:13 am
KANSAS UPDATE

Quote:
Upcoming elections are under the microscope
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 Jun, 2006 12:41 pm
One presumes wande that one is supposed to think after reading that that Conservatives are immoderate.

A lady in the pub told me the other night that her daughter had received a letter from the school her grandson attends seeking approval for the innocent 10 year old to attend a theory and practice lesson on how to get a condom on a carrot.

That seems pretty immoderate to me and being something of a conservative myself I advised her to let the little lad have a day off when she sought my advice.

Not that I talk to a lot of grannies mind you. It was a one off. Grab a Granny Nights were a very short lived fad.
0 Replies

Mathos

Sun 18 Jun, 2006 01:51 pm
Bad advice Spendius, I rather think your dad should have gone to a school like that!
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 Jun, 2006 03:25 pm
And I can now say that I think that your own father might have served humanity better had he done the same. Unless of course only you are allowed to say such things. The Stalinist position I think. But it's quite the norm on here to employ such sophisticated debating techniques although sad to see an Englishman do it. I had been making out that we Englishmen were superior precisely because we eschewed that strategy in debate and now you have gone and undermined our position. You clod-hopper.

At this point we have nowhere to go except to glare at each other to avoid getting repetitive.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 18 Jun, 2006 03:38 pm
No spendi, the US way would be to outdo your opponent, unless of course you are only a 10 watt bulb.
0 Replies

Mathos

Sun 18 Jun, 2006 03:47 pm
Excuse me Farmerman. My apologies for the interruption.

Spendius, you are not an Englishman, you are a Yorkshire tyke.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:07 pm
I think any reasonable person with even a modicum of intellectual nonce would take the two previous posts as the equivalent of a white flag.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:09 pm
One that had been washed in a fabric conditioner and ironed properly of course.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Mon 19 Jun, 2006 12:05 am
*ahem*
One that had been ironed properly by the help of course.
One has one's hands to think of after all.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:18 am
KANSAS UPDATE

Quote:
From this farm, a grassroots movement grows
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 19 Jun, 2006 12:46 pm
First Don is "busy"

Next news he has time to talk to City Dinkypants so he can see his name in the paper. But he only "pauses".Which implies mere hestitation.

I think going from "public education" to "And about the promising (assertion) steps" etc hardly requires a comma let alone a full stop and a new paragraph.

"rascals" eh. Have the voters of Kansas been electing rascals then?

Quote:
"There was just a sense of frustration among a number of folks in the group,"

Any idea of the number and the size of the group so we can gauge whether they were a majority or not or were just a small coterie sucking up to City Dinkypants who can't write worth a blow on a ragman's trumpet. Not the editor's daughter is she by any chance?

Quote:
The alliance wants to replace certain members with more progressive-thinking people who value public education.

The rascals don't value public education then? Have they been told? Or is this another assertion?

Quote:
and is giving money to both.

How much wande? 10 cents or a million apiece.It does matter.Laura's statement is true for both.

Quote:
But the six religious conservatives who dominate the 10-member state board are "radicals," she says.

I thought radicals were supposed to be progressive-thinking. Do the six religious conservatives know they are now radicals rather that reactionaries?

Do the people of Kansas City have to put up with stuff like that every night or is it once a week?
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 19 Jun, 2006 12:50 pm
Oh-BTW wande-

Who owns the KCS? Is it part of a series of ownerships ending up in a magalopolis?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Mon 19 Jun, 2006 01:46 pm
spendi,

You mentioned that yesterday's news item made the Kansas school board conservatives seem immoderate. Today's news item call them radical. Many political conservatives realize that it is foolish to inject religion into public education. George Will is a leading conservative political commentator in the United States. He has pointed out that conservatives are hurting themselves politically by waging a war against evolution education. George Will bluntly stated: "evolution is a fact" and those conservatives who are anti-evolution are wasting time and hurting themselves politically.
0 Replies