Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

rosborne979

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 04:45 pm
spendius wrote:
Why is there massive amounts of carefully drafted legislation and enormous quantities of money specifically targeted to mitigate the extreme severities of evolutionary principles in the social oganisation of modern Christian civilisation.

http://photoshopfaceoff.com/img/ptsbII9fA.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 04:55 pm
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM . . .

Cheese . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 04:58 pm
Why,? There is no why.

Drink beer he must. Helps him to think, it does.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 05:31 pm
spendius wrote:
I don't even know what I don't get.Nor why what I've said is drivel.Nor how a more readable format can make sense out of drivel.Nor what I did to divert the discussion in any out of the ordinary way.
Nor why I'm delusional.

We know, spendi, we know. There you have it indeed ... and in spades.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:29 pm
The reason I would never say that someone was deluded or delusional just because I disagreed with them on an important policy direction is that only deluded people think other people are deluded.

It is obvious when you think about it for a few seconds longer than the average attention span.

Every insane person thinks that those treating him are insane.If someone can see dancing girls on the lawn with big tits,black sussies and open crotch "now you see it now you don't bloomers" it would be quite plain that he would think that those who could only see the grass and the hedge beyond as deluded.

If I were to say that anybody on this prestigious thread was deluded I would be providing objective evidence that I was deluded and I wouldn't dream of doing a silly thing like that.

So-we will try again-

Quote:
Why is there massive amounts of carefully drafted legislation and enormous quantities of money specifically targeted to mitigate the extreme severities of evolutionary principles in the social oganisation of modern Christian civilisation.And how would a teacher answer such a question in an educational environment exclusively devoted to teaching those principles as applying to all life forms.

Two hours is a long time to think about such a simple question and to have dismally failed to even
make a half-assed attempt at an answer will,I am fairly sure,will have been duly noticed by our viewers.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:34 pm
I ought to adjust the question actually.

Instead of "extreme severities" please read "slight inconveniences".
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:37 pm
I did that revision to make the question easier to answer.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:43 pm
c.i. wrote-

Quote:
and in spades.

Is that supposed to mean you are good at bridge in a similar manner that saying that ID isn't science is supposed to mean that you are a scientist.

No trumps beats spades you know.The expression you were looking for,assuming you had ever played at bridge for money is "in 7 no trumps".
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:53 pm
spendi, You drainking again?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:57 pm
Never have been into bridge, spendi. Now, poker in its infinite varieties, and blackjack and baccarat ... well, thats a different story.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:59 pm
Answer the sodding question willya.It isn't even slightly difficult.

I know what I've been doing.I don't need you to provide a hypothesis regarding that.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:02 pm
Well, if your question had any merit for an answer, somebody would, but don't hold your breath.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:13 pm
The Thomas More Law center crew went public today to expound on why the ACLU and the godlesscourts of America have conspired to defeat the defendents in the Dover case.

I just learned that the THOMAS MORE (patron saint of LAwyers) LAW CENTER was also founded by Thomas Monaghan the ultra ultra Conservative catholic and founder of Dominoes Pizza.

Seems I have to rethink my support of Dominoes pizza by virtue of conscience. Ive got to admit, that Ive made a nice bunch of money from Dominoe's stock, but the LAw center announced today that they are, besides being AGAINST GODLESS EVOLUTION, they will be fighting the fight against embryonic stem cell research, gay unions, sex education, and a couple of others.
Tom is also the founder of Ave Maria Unioversity and the proposed Ave Maria village. Maybe he ought to just buy a small section of land in NE South America and open his koolaid stand.

I sold my Domino stock a while back .
0 Replies

rosborne979

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:23 pm
farmerman wrote:
Seems I have to rethink my support of Dominoes pizza by virtue of conscience. Ive got to admit, that Ive made a nice bunch of money from Dominoe's stock, but the LAw center announced today that they are, besides being AGAINST GODLESS EVOLUTION, they will be fighting the fight against embryonic stem cell research, gay unions, sex education, and a couple of others.

Domino's sucks. Pizza Hut is far better anyway. Smile

Of course, none of the chain pizza places can hold a candle to a good local greek pizza, but if you gotta go with a chain restaurant pizza, it's the Hut.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:33 pm
Never go to Domino's; We go to Pizza Hut or Stuft; mostly Stuft for their prices. Wink
0 Replies

rosborne979

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:36 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Well, if your question had any merit for an answer, somebody would, but don't hold your breath.

Exactly.

When Spendi talks I'm either reminded of a bunny with a pancake on its head, or a moon made out of cheese. Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:37 pm
Love pizza, but I never have been a fan of big chain pizza outlets - always much preferred local Mom&Pop pizzerias/Italian restaurants. Well, Lou Malnati's in the Chicago area is pretty good for chain outlet pizza, but they're not national.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:22 pm
I actually like Dominos. Its crust is slightly thicker and they dont put this greasy **** on the toppings like Pizza the Hut.
Of course the real Pizzaria pizza is best but, for us to get a real pizzaria pizza, we have to drive up to Lancaster , which is about 40 miles and itd get cold by the time we get home.

What was the subject?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:26 pm
farmerman, At the moment, it's about good pizza. Wink
0 Replies

patiodog

Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:13 pm
Missing Gulliver's pan pizza straddling Chicago and that town that Northwestern U is in whose name is temporarily escaping me but where, unlike Chicago, you have to buy beer in a separate section of the supermarket...

Decent thin crust across the main road on the isthmus here, though.
0 Replies