Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Setanta

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 02:41 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Utter babble, which seems to be all you're capable of. I'll waste no more time on you.
One Eyed Mind

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 11:42 am
@Setanta,
The irony of your response is amusing. You cannot help but give me your attention because deep down you formed a love/hate relationship with me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:44 pm
@blatham,
And there are several kinds of potatoes. Some are white, and some are orange. Some are bland, and some are sweet.
blatham

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 07:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I always like the white ones best. Not sure why. Perhaps because I was born in Denmark

http://www.racismreview.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Blonde-Hair-Blue-Eyed-Jesus.jpg
farmerman

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 05:26 am
@blatham,
Nothing's whiter than the Infant of Prague, definately Aryan yet androgynous Jesus H Christ.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/61/80/e6618090284aba47b8c8632116e021e2.jpg
Nova Flare Q

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 10:17 am
Aliens.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 12:06 pm
@farmerman,
I even saw the black Madonna in Prague.
blatham

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 07:30 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Nothing's whiter than the Infant of Prague, definately Aryan yet androgynous Jesus H Christ.

She's lovely, isn't she. But that salmon cape. So not with it. And the hat. Don't even get me started.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 08:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
When I was a kid, my mom and dad visited Poland to try to find family who werent killed by NAzis. They visited Chestohowa to see the original Black Madonna icon that was burnt by some Germanic tribes in Mideaval times (I have no idea when) (thus giving it a melanic skin tone).

From pictures ,s he actually looked more like like Carmen Miranda with all the fruit and junk on her head
Briancrc

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 09:51 am
@farmerman,
http://www.csicop.org/uploads/images/si/blackmadonna.jpg
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_black_madonna_a_folkloristic_and_iconographic_investigation
farmerman

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 11:57 am
@Briancrc,
Oh, so it wsnt fruits n nuts , it was a set of hubcaps behind her and the kids head
Briancrc

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 04:30 pm
@farmerman,
Sweet rims
0 Replies

layman

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 11:53 am
Says here that bacteria have a language and talk to each other, eh? Like human tribes, different sects of bacteria have different lingos. This video is of a talk given by a molecular biologist at Princeton, Bonnie Bassler:

Quote:
Bonnie Bassler studies how bacteria can communicate with one another, through chemical signals, to act as a unit. She showed that bacterial chatter is hardly exceptional or anomolous behavior, as was once thought -- and in fact, most bacteria do it, and most do it all the time. (She calls the signaling molecules "bacterial Esperanto.") The discovery shows how cell populations use chemical powwows to stage attacks, evade immune systems and forge slimy defenses called biofilms.

I knew it! Bacteria run this here planet and they're engaged in a big-assonspiracy to attack us. There's 10 trillion of them little bastards on/in each of us at all times. We're outnumbered!

cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 12:40 pm
@Briancrc,
Saw the black Madonna on a tour of Europe many years ago.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 01:00 pm
@layman,
There's clearly a germ of truth in all of that.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 02:15 pm
@layman,
Go figure what all those little bastards would do with free will, nonsense chemical talking ?...are there any intellectual bacteria producing extra molecular chemicals to teach the dumber ones ? Very Happy
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 02:38 pm
@layman,
And since bacteria were first (billions of years ago) and they had all this complicated inter and intra cellular languages all worked out long before eukaryotic cells came about, that was some pretty clever and fast accidents to come about without all that much time for evolution to work it's magic.

That evolution is just ****'n amazing I tell ya. And then that smart ass octopus figuring out how to USE that system! And Bonnie Bassler thinks those Princeton kids are smart?
Setanta

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 03:13 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
And since bacteria were first (billions of years ago) and they had all this complicated inter and intra cellular languages all worked out long before eukaryotic cells came about

The earliest cells which have been found were the Archaea, not bacteria. In any event, neither the archaea nor bacteria have membrane bound organelles nor nuclei. You're peddling BS, and "inter and intra cellular languages" [sic] is sufficiently vague for you to sound all sciencey without actually making a scientifically coherent statement. It is the absence of organelles and nuclei in the archaea and bacteria which principally distinguish the eukaryotes, which do have organelles and nuclei.
Leadfoot

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 03:22 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You're peddling BS, and "inter and intra cellular languages"[sic]/i]] is sufficiently vague for you to sound all sciencey without actually making a scientifically coherent statement. It is the absence of organelles and nuclei in the archaea and bacteria which principally distinguish the eukaryotes, which do have organelles and nuclei.
You'll have take your objections and insults to the molecular biologist whose TED talk I was referencing. Or should we all just listen to Set for all our biology?

And restating in other words what I said about bacteria and eukaryotes doesn't make you sound too sharp unless you just like to hear yourself talk...
Setanta

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 03:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leaving aside that i did not restate what you had written, another of your shameless lies, your inability to coherently characterize what was said in a "TED talk" is not evidence of scientific conceit on my part.

A comparison of arahaea, bacteria and eukaryotes

I took university level biology and chemistry before you were even a lurid gleam in your pappy's eye.