Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

FBM

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 05:19 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
they are asserting "The existence of a god is an impossibility."

And they are doing it in the cowardly, underhanded way Internet atheists often work...pretending not to be doing it.
Not even a straight forward assertion.

Haven't done an exhaustive search but even their vaunted champion Dawkins couldn't bring himself to say it plainly, certainly not in the excerpt that farmerman quoted.

You two seem very desperate to put words in others' mouths. You seem to be struggling to comprehend that a refusal to believe A does not entail an acceptance of ~A.

We're asking for evidence. The sort of thing the scientists have and that you believers have yet to produce a scrap of. If you come up with something that's not based on fallacies and ignorance, I for one will give it a fair shake. Of course, when I see a fallacy, that's the first thing I'll shake. Why? Because it undermines every other aspect of your argument. Get rid of the fallacies first, so we don't have to.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 05:39 am
@Setanta,
HAd Dawkins remained a scientist hed be recognized as a good one. (NOT GREAT). When he went off on religions he lost a lot of cred with his colleagues.
Hes become a cartoon. (I know Thomas respects him a lot ).

The point where science is in the understanding of life ascending doesnt need the God squad to underpin it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 05:51 am
@Leadfoot,
I ssumed you wouldnt get it?

Youve dispelled all doubts.
FBM

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 06:11 am
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/cool-guy-turns-out-to-be-a-christian-20151029103373

Quote:
'Cool' guy turns out to be a Christian

EVERYONE is incredibly surprised to discover a ‘quite cool’ 33-year-old man is a Christian.

Magazine designer Joe Turner regularly confuses people by appearing normal then revealing he believes an ancient supernatural being is controlling the universe.

Co-worker Nikki Hollis said: “Joe dresses fashionably and comes to the pub with us, yet also thinks he’s going to live forever in Heaven with his friend, Jesus.

“I had no idea he was a Christian until one lunchtime he casually told me God loves us and the Bible contains all the information we need to reject the path of sin.

“Then he just ate his tuna baguette.”

Hollis added: “He also seems to have girlfriends like a normal guy, but I thought sex before marriage was wrong. Maybe they’ve changed the rules, which is a bit unfair on all the people who’ve already gone to Hell.”

Turner said: “I’m just an everyday guy who goes to work, watches the footie and believes in the teachings of Middle Eastern prophets from 2,000 years ago.

“For me Christianity is about spiritual growth and being a good person. You’ve got to ignore bits of the Bible or I’d have to give away all my possessions and kill Steve in marketing for being a sodomite.”
Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 06:22 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
they are asserting "The existence of a god is an impossibility."

And they are doing it in the cowardly, underhanded way Internet atheists often work...pretending not to be doing it.
Not even a straight forward assertion.

Haven't done an exhaustive search but even their vaunted champion Dawkins couldn't bring himself to say it plainly, certainly not in the excerpt that farmerman quoted.

You will never see them actually articulate the obvious...that they are saying there is no possibility of a god...because that is a loser and they know it.

So they beat the bushes around it...and demand proof of a god.

One of the reasons they don't want to debate me...is because I do not posit the existence of a god...but rather the POSSIBILITY of the existence of one. (Or the POSSIBLE existence of a higher form of alien life from another planet, galaxy, or dimension of existences.)

FBM keeps pretending he is looking for evidence of a god (a scrap! of evidence)...but then refuses to accept the existence of everything to be a possible evidence of a god...by asserting (rather illogially) that "everything" is evidence of no gods (or at very least, not evidence of a god.)

But if a creator god exists (ONE OF THE POSSIBILITIES)...

...EVERYTHING is evidence of that god.

People like FBM, Farmerman, and Setanta want to eliminate that as a POSSIBILITY...which is the reason they are asserting, in that cowardly, backdoor way atheists assert most of their belief system, that intelligent design is impossible.

The ONLY WAY intelligent design is impossible...is if a god is impossible (or a very highly developed non-human life form.)

Here is a pictorial representation of the atheistic view of intelligent design:

http://ericmuetterties.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/08.03.12-Cornered-34-Edit-Edit-2-Edit-Edit-Edit-620x802.jpg
InfraBlue

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 06:38 am
@FBM,
Wait a minute, Brits say "go to hospital," but then say "watch the footie"?

What gives?
FBM

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:01 am
@InfraBlue,
I am not as that to be for one of the knows it in actual...
Leadfoot

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

You will never see them actually articulate the obvious...that they are saying there is no possibility of a god...because that is a loser and they know it.
Quote:
That's true but it doesn't explain every example. There should be more examples of careless debaters who stumble and blurt it out. That's a piece of 'the study'.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:40 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I ssumed you wouldnt get it?

Youve dispelled all doubts.
Cute.

Post was a bit confusing because the quote wasn't in a quote box making it appear as your own words.
farmerman

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 08:30 am
@Leadfoot,
You want to go over that "impossibility expansion"?
Im sure someone did a similar "impossibility index" to prove that bumblebees cant fly.

farmerman

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 08:43 am
@InfraBlue,
"watch the footie" please explain
I love Brit insult names like" I cant decide whether Frank is a pillock or merely a wazzak"
parados

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:14 am
@Leadfoot,
You are the one dodging and weaseling.

Something with a probability of 10^24 is how likely to happen if there are 10^32 attempts?

You fail to include the number of attempts in your math.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:52 am
@FBM,

exactly!
InfraBlue

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

"watch the footie" please explain
I love Brit insult names like" I cant decide whether Frank is a pillock or merely a wazzak"

What they're saying is "watch the football."

Translated, that means "watch soccer."

What's with the use of the definite article?
rosborne979

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:57 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
What they're saying is "watch the football."

Translated, that means "watch soccer."

Thank you. I had no idea what that was about.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:03 am
@InfraBlue,
so its "watch football" ? Ok

Im never watching Nazzie! (seef you can translate Merkin)
InfraBlue

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:12 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

so its "watch football" ? Ok

Im never watching Nazzie! (seef you can translate Merkin)

It's all blue potatoes to me!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:40 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Im sure someone did a similar "impossibility index" to prove that bumblebees cant fly.
I've pointed out a few improbabilities but never impossibilities. I appreciate the irony of you asking though.

A couple of planes in my hangar have been called unflyable so I'm pretty sympathetic to bumblebees' airworthiness.
Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:44 am
@farmerman,
Well...I am not stupid, Farmerman...

...and if I am annoying to you, it is because you see the strength of my arguments and cannot figure a way to be rid of them.

It must be especially annoying to realize how completely that I have "got the number" of the atheists posting in this thread. You guys are (or should be) an embarrassment to atheism, with you hide-behind-mommy's-skirt tactics.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:47 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:

I've pointed out a few improbabilities but never impossibilities. I appreciate the irony of you asking though.

A couple of planes in my hangar have been called unflyable so I'm pretty sympathetic to bumblebees' airworthiness.

Actually, bees fly just fine.

They cannot land worth a crap...but they can fly.

Watching videos of them trying to land is a gas.