Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:02 am
@Leadfoot,
Well, perhaps I can make it stronger. SCience IS PRESENTLY DISCOVERING several pathways by which life may have appeared on this planet.

Id make a prediction based on the Moore principle also but its not my field (Ive got enough crap I have to read).

YOU seem to be making some sort of stand in "comparative - dogma" about what science is or is not accomplishing at the moment.
The discovery and expressions of the genomes and phenotypes of related organisms certainly has taken much of the wind from the sails of Creation/ID "hypothesizers". Many recent fonds of transitional fossils probably didnt help either.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
IDK, the account in Genesis has no contradictions with science's current views about the universe. It was right back when the 'steady state universe' was the prevailing science.

Hey, 7 DAYS was a metaphor and just because parts of it were written by half mad homophobic men doesn't mean there isn't something to it.
farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:05 am
@Leadfoot,
Frank is one of our posters who tries to make sure that , if theres the slightest possibility of a heaven or hell, he wants to make a reservation without reservations "
and he wants this understood by all the possible deities that may be reading these threads.

hiya Frank, hiya hiya.
Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:18 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Frank is one of our posters who tries to make sure that , if theres the slightest possibility of a heaven or hell, he wants to make a reservation without reservations "
and he wants this understood by all the possible deities that may be reading these threads.

hiya Frank, hiya hiya.

I do not want any Heaven, FM...because this is heaven as far as I am concerned. I cannot think of anything more distressing or unpleasant than "to live forever."

And if there are any deities reading this thread...y'all can kiss my butt...and not on one cheek or the other...but(t) smack dab in the center.

All I wanted to say was: IF there is the possibility of a GOD...there is the possibility of intelligent design. (I even make sure not to capitalize it...so as not to confuse it with ID.)

Hey, FM. Hope all is well with you.

Leadfoot

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
"I do not want any Heaven, FM...because this is heaven as far as I am concerned. I cannot think of anything more distressing or unpleasant than "to live forever." "

Yep, to live forever in life as we know it would be hell. Reincarnation would be even worse. If that were the deal, God could kiss my ass too.

If eternal life is to be had, I want it all. I want to do that 'create stuff with a word' thing and to live with people who are way more imaginative than 'sports fans'. Guess that makes me an elitist asshole.

Anyway, I want a heaven way the **** better than this.

Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:33 am
@Leadfoot,
So I take it you are not a golfer.
farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
And if there are any deities reading this thread...y'all can kiss my butt.

Whyzat?

Do you understand the concept of the "preponderance of evidence"?
Leadfoot

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

So I take it you are not a golfer.

Very Happy I recognize the skill it must take to do it, but no, knocking a ball into little holes is not appealing to me. It might be a nice way to spend time with a friend if we couldn't think of more fun things.

When I'm not trying to figure out the answer to life, universe and everything, I'm usually spending time with anything powered with an engine and other likeminded motor head people.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Probably just me, but the accumulated science is starting to look like smoking gun evidence of a God. If you create intelligent beings, there is only so much you can do to cover your tracks.
Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:22 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
And if there are any deities reading this thread...y'all can kiss my butt.

Whyzat?

Yeah, I do.

You wanna make something of it...

...or are you just fishing?

Do you know what a pop fly is?
farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
then if you understand, where is there any evidence about your "possibilities of ID" ?

You can be like leadfoot, a "closet Creationist".

farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:45 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Probably just me, but the accumulated science is starting to look like smoking gun evidence of a God.

really, are you able to verbalize these "tracks" you talk about?
Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:26 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

then if you understand, where is there any evidence about your "possibilities of ID" ?

You can be like leadfoot, a "closet Creationist".

There doesn't have to be any evidence for what is essentially a tautology.

IF THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF A GOD...THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

It holds no matter what.

I am not saying there is a GOD...

...I am not even saying "if there is a god"...

...I AM SAYING...IF there is the possibility of a god...

...then there is the possibility of intelligent design.

It is, in effect, a tautology.

Don't argue with a tautology, FM...you cannot win.
farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
thats circular gibberish.
"IF WE HAD EGGS WE COULD HAVE BACON AND EGGS, IF WE HAD BACON"

Im hoping that, one day your pony will learn a few new trix. Till then, ta-ta
Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:43 pm
@farmerman,
Nothing circular in what I said, FM.

You just do not want to acknowledge the logic and truth of the statement. Your bias is simply too great.

I think the power of your arguments would be strengthened if you finally conceded the obvious...that my statement is absolutely on the money.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 01:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Probably just me, but the accumulated science is starting to look like smoking gun evidence of a God.

really, are you able to verbalize these "tracks" you talk about?

The Big Bang and the discovery of DNA have God's fingerprints all over them. But that's just my perspective.
farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 01:56 pm
@Leadfoot,
whatever floats yer boat.
I see the crystal faces of boulangerite in DNA. (I wonder if they have any trax ?)

Heres a picture of the helical crystal and a double helical structure of twinned boulangerite crystals. They are, oddly enough, the intertwinning caused by growth elements of monoclinic, trigonal, and orthorhombic lattices. Interesting eh?

http://www.quartzpage.de/cr/gen_struct_fig506_org.jpg

No gods need apply (qll e need is a good hot sulfurous volcano with a lot of two specific metals
Leadfoot

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 02:17 pm
@farmerman,
Crystalline structures like snowflakes are marvelous in their own way. But they have no encoded information in them. They are regular structures requiring only the application of simple algorithms to construct.

Results of hot volcano and chemicals-
Crystals, yes.
DNA encoded instruction in a specific language for the construction of a cell, no.
parados

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 05:44 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
IDK, the account in Genesis has no contradictions with science's current views about the universe.

That is interesting. So science says woman came from man's rib?
farmerman

Wed 12 Aug, 2015 06:02 pm
@Leadfoot,
how about double helices of quartz ? They contain
cations in a tetrahedral arrangement and can bond with several types of chem bonds . Silica can carry HUUUGE amounts of information also, and it generates power by merely squeezing the crystal.

Same thing, supr heated water vapor with silica makes all kinds of quartz arrangements.

The problem with us all is that we ascribe some kind of magical powers unto a mega- organic-molecule, when we can create silica shells, networks, chains, helices, etc etc. with just a very hot muffle oven and a beaker

Quote:
Crystalline structures like snowflakes are marvelous in their own way. But they have no encoded information in them
Says you, noone here was talkin about "snowflakes". Theyre not helices , whereas, several hundred minerals ARE and thousands of proteinaceous compounds, alkanes and aromatics ARE also

ANYWAY, most scientists think that life wasnt at all dependent on the nucleic acid series for its inception