61% of Americans don't know words to National Anthem?

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:15 pm
Now I am a PROSTITUTE?

Over a little WINK?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:16 pm
You know, i've heard that term, chippie, all my life, and never knew what it meant, except perhaps a woman of less than sterling repute . . .

Thanks, Miss Wabbit . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:17 pm
BAD DOG!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:20 pm
You better put down that newspaper, girl . . . i'm awarnin' ya . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:27 pm
I am speaking softly - but carrying a shillelagh...

And NOW look what you have been and gone and done!

I am a quivering wreck!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:33 pm
Yer losin' it, Bunny . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:38 pm
I need a drink.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 06:39 pm
Too bad, i don't take strong drink . . . here, take a puff of this . . .
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 09:05 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
It's just more anecdotal evidence of how liberalism is infecting the minds of students these days.

Anecdotal "evidence", rumors, lies. They're all one and the same thing to the far right conservatives.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:20 am
this is funny

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nationalanthem.html
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:47 am
deb
Quote:
May I add that I am both pleased and surprised that 61% of Americans do not know the words of your anthem

I hope the other 49% soon advance to the same state...

I don't offer up 'amen's very often. Here's a place for one.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:50 am
Setanta wrote:

That's precisely an offer I made last evening but you weren't there. A situation in need of remedy.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:10 am
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/30/opinion/30sat2.html?pagewanted=print&position=

Puncturing Another Weapons Myth

The last refuge of those who continue to insist that Saddam Hussein must have had weapons of mass destruction was virtually eliminated by the chief weapons inspector this week. Not willing to accept the unpalatable truth that the search for W.M.D. in Iraq had come up empty, die-hard supporters of the war had clung to the possibility that Mr. Hussein might have shipped his weapons off to Syria to avoid their capture. Never mind that American military leaders said that he could not have pulled that off during the war, when his regime was collapsing too fast to salvage much of anything, and that reconnaissance craft had seen no major arms shipments at the borders. Perhaps the wily dictator had spirited off the weapons before the war began.

The final report of the Iraq Survey Group, headed by Charles Duelfer, has now declared any mass transfer of illicit weapons improbable. That judgment came in a 92-page addendum that was released this week to tie up loose ends from the comprehensive no-weapons-found report issued by the investigators last fall. The investigators acknowledged that they had been unable to pursue reports that a Syrian officer had suggested collaborating with Iraq on W.M.D., but they said that all the Iraqi scientists interviewed had denied any knowledge of weapons' being secreted in Syria. The team deemed it "unlikely" that any official transfer of W.M.D. to Syria had taken place but could not rule out the possibility that limited amounts of material had been transferred unofficially. That's too slim a reed to save the die-hards.

The new report provides a salutary reminder that the sanctions and weapons inspections imposed by the much-maligned United Nations had already reduced Iraq's weapons programs to impotence before the war was launched to eliminate them. Too bad John Bolton, the administration's nominee to be ambassador to the United Nations, is likely to continue underestimating the U.N.'s potential and to repeat old errors of hyping weapons estimates.

In a recent Times article, Douglas Jehl reported that Mr. Bolton repeatedly clashed with intelligence officials in 2002 and 2003 because they thought he was stretching the evidence as he sought to deliver public warnings about Syria's pursuit of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. Syria is clearly a bad actor that shipped military and civilian material to Iraq in violation of U.N. sanctions. But policy makers need to keep the threat in perspective lest they be sucked in again by their own exaggerations.

==================

Faux News Flash:

Bill O'Lielly: The troops who captured Saddam Hussein are reported saying that they forgot to check the spider hole that they found him in.

White House sources now believe that that's where the WMDs most likely were. An unidentified WH source, who, inexplicably, was wearing a lunch bag over his head, said;

"As likely as not the WMDs have been spirited away to a new hiding place, but we'll find 'em, don't you worry none, we'll find 'em; our integrity depends on it".
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 11:27 am
blatham wrote:
Setanta wrote:

That's precisely an offer I made last evening but you weren't there. A situation in need of remedy.

Set...I gotta say that Blatham mentioned a half dozen times that he really wished you were there.

Everyone had nice things to say about ya...even me. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 11:46 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Everyone had nice things to say about ya...even me.

OK . . . waddaya guys want . . . i ain't got no cash, ya know . . .
0 Replies