The US, UN & Iraq II

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:09 pm
To save everyone panning right, I will delete that link.

Save to say the address for any attacking aircraft is

The President Saddam Hussein Mosque
Birchfield Street
Perry Barr
Birmingham
England
UK
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:10 pm
No need to delete it, just use text to display the link.

Like this: here is the link
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:14 pm
How do you do that, Craven?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:16 pm
Craven

I do appreciate your tips on creating a link via text but today i am too full of cold and flu to (hope its not SARS) to have the wits to follow your advice. Choke

good night
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:16 pm
Please ask on the forum help board if the FAQ and tutorials do not cover this.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:32 pm
Craven wrote:

perception,

As long as insults about leaders, which I find mostly pointless, are not taken personally it does not become an issue of reciprocal action.

Craven have you ever noticed that not everyone agrees with your statements, definitions, or terminology?

Please don't preach to me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:35 pm
perc, I doubt very much Craven is "preaching" to you or anybody else. He's only expressing his opinion - like everybody else on A2K. c.i.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:50 pm
perception wrote:

Craven have you ever noticed that not everyone agrees with your statements, definitions, or terminology?

Please don't preach to me.

Certainly, in fact such disagreement if often quite vocal. My intention is not to preach and I fully expect people to have their own opinions.

You often equate attacks on a public figure as attacks on a particular forum member and demand that an insult to Bush merits a reciprocal insult. I share your distaste for most attacks on public figures. But I do not think that this can be equated with an attack on a forum member.

Once again, not preaching, just stating that attacking a member (not saying it has happened here) for his insult to a public figure will be treated like any other ad hom attack. Someone's opinion about a president does not change the rules of not flaming other forum members. If you feel insulted by proxy when a politician you admire is dealt a low blow it is your prerogative and I understand that. But it will not be equated to flaming.

By this I seek to prevent a situation in which one member insults Bush, the other member flames and when the moderators issue warnings a cry of foul made.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 01:17 pm
Craven

I'm glad you agree that insults about leaders are quite often made with the intent to inflame or provoke a personal attack. Most of the participants on this particular thread are "old hands" and know the rules well. That is why it is even more relevant when they insist on attempting to provoke.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 01:24 pm
perception you have an amazing ability to twist people's words.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 01:30 pm
perception,

I find insults to public persons largely useless in a debate, I did not speculate about the intent but that is a possibility. I do hope you appreciate the logistical difficulty we would have if we were to try to cennect insults to leaders with each member it could possibly be intending to provoke.

That would require that the moderators know what leaders each member is sensitive about and respects, it would require them to make subjective calls on intent, decisions on whether it is a political commentary or a prelude to a flame war.....

Therefore, negative opinions about public figures are, as they should be on a politics board, allowed while the moderators will seek to reduce, as much as possible, the flaming between members of the fora.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 02:07 pm
does that mean it was ok what I said?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 02:14 pm
It's not against the rules to speak negatively about public people on this forum. A political forum wherein that rule exists would be quite silly.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 02:31 pm
Heh, that means we can cut timber down because he is a local politico. However, I can't come up with something bad about timber! :wink:

Keep up the good work timber - Smile
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 02:39 pm
Meanwhile, more from the Russkiis

Quote:
Foreseeing the possibility of a future military standoff between the US and North Korea the [Russian] analysts are certain that the US cannot hope for a military victory on the Korean Peninsula without the use of nuclear weapons.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 02:57 pm
Darn -- I wish I could find it again. I read a list of countries and their rationale for keeping a close eye on the US and how much more distrustful they are getting. It was all familiar territory until I got to the Chinese -- and the Chinese didn't look happy at all. Will there be enough of the US left for Bush to have his presidential library? Or will it all be ashen and empty?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:20 pm
BillW wrote:
Heh, that means we can cut timber down because he is a local politico. However, I can't come up with something bad about timber! :wink:

LOL ... I'm sure there's folk hereabouts that would say you just haven't tried hard enough!
Thanks, BillW. I appreciate that.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:39 pm
He's mute and has an odd crick in his neck, BillW? We could harp on that maybe?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:44 pm
well at least Timber doesn't need thinning of the top branches Wink
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:49 pm
Steve, Smile about the mosque.

And Craven, thanks for showing us just where it is. You guys are too funny
0 Replies