Former U.S. Diplomats Criticize Bush Approach On Iraq

Annan, Qadhafi, Wiesel Analyze Situation

Nuclear Inspector Urges Hussein To Show "Change In Spirit"

U.N. To Evacuate Border Personnel

NGO Declares U.S. Unprepared For Iraqi Aftermath
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:53 pm
Blatham - Adnan Khashoggi never did any arms business with Iran. Not under the Shah. Not under the Ayatollahs. Not under any of their predecessors.

Just for the record <G>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:59 pm
Tartar, That is eerie. c.i.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:06 pm
I am stunned, speechless.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:08 pm
Tartar - I pondered that possibility soon after 9/11. Scared the pants off of me because I could see it happening.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:15 pm
Bomb being tested at Elgin Airforce Base, Florida
A giant bomb has been tested twice (inert bomb) and will be tested again. Nearby Florida residents have been warned about the bomb and noise/cloud that will follow

MOAB: 21000 pound bomb
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:15 pm
ul, You missed one important article on your link.

Iranian Officials Assert Right To Nuclear Weapons, Point To Israel

While this administration keeps both eyes on Iraq, this world isn't becoming safer for anybody.

c.i.
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:21 pm
P.S. to Blatham - and before any of the ill-informed persons here choose to bring up any connection to the Jewish intermediaries fronting for Mr. "A.K." who got Oliver North into a spot of trouble with the Iranians:

Check your sources!!! Thank you <G>
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:27 pm
http://slate.msn.com/id/1006609/

http://slate.msn.com/id/1007141/

http://slate.msn.com/id/1007950/

http://slate.msn.com/id/2058706/

shadowy international arms merchant
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:33 pm
Caveat re sources - I fully realize the vast differences in credibility between news sources re matters political, and almost didn't even mention what CNN/Fox were saying this morning. But I am too new to the politcal arena to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff, yet. I gather than UK's Guardian is seen as a good one.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:33 pm
Translation

This war came from a think tank

by Jochen Boelsche, spiegel

It was in no way a conspiracy. As far back as 1998, ultra right US think tanks had developed and published plans for an era of US world domination, sidelining the UN and attacking Iraq. These people were not taken seriously. But now they are calling the tune.

c.i.
sorry.
BTW, did you read The New Nuclear Danger:G.W.Bush's Military-Industrial Complex by Helen Caldicott,MD.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:34 pm
HofT -- I know nothing about the AK/Jewish intermediaries stories. However, though your caution is understandable, I also think these threads are the places to "float" (undramatically, one hopes) bits and pieces of news, hearsay, and ideas -- with the hope of finding corroboration or a reason to trash a news item. We are inundated by "mainstream" "truths" competing more reliable overseas reporting competing with local conspiracy theories. I think thoughtful discussion areas such as this are ideal places to sort the wheat from the chaff. Don't you?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:41 pm
ul, NO need to be sorry. Just thought that article from your link justified a head's up. c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:43 pm
Hastily going backwards, HofT, through the discussion here to see what you were worried about, I ran a Google on Lewis Libby and skimmed a (French) report and noted the LaRouche connection and see what you mean! But if you were referring to the Monbiot article, I've found him to be a useful and reliable columnnist over the past couple of years. I also surmise that there are interconnections here which are, if not sinister, really interesting and revealing.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:45 pm
I wonder whether it would be useful to take these speculative discussions into another area -- a separate thread?
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:48 pm
Tartarin wrote:
However, though your caution is understandable, I also think these threads are the places to "float" (undramatically, one hopes) bits and pieces of news, hearsay, and ideas -- with the hope of finding corroboration or a reason to trash a news item. We are inundated by "mainstream" "truths" competing more reliable overseas reporting ?

That's the reason this thread is so interesting.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:54 pm
Good or not, I couldn't say, sumac. It must have a heavy bias, however. It is widely quoted by anti-Bush, anit-war factions.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:56 pm
Quote:
Adnan Khashoggi never did any arms business with Iran.

There are hours of Iran-Contra hearing tapes concerning this very issue with Khashoggi sitting next to Oliver North, Admiral Poindexter and General Secord. That's enough evidence for me!
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 01:58 pm
Kara wrote:
tres, that statement is so inflammatory and so blatantly untrue that it does not deserve an answer.

Then don't answer. Answering that it doesn't deserve an answer is a bit disingenuous. (Of course, you could take the time to explain why you think it is untrue, but that's not nearly as easy as just complaining that I wrote it.)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 02:02 pm
Tartarin, go right ahead and start a thread on that if you want to ... I think it might be interesting, too.

Ul, I agree that's precisely why these threads are so interesting. I doubt there is a more civil, yet spiritedly divergent webforum out there. A2K is unique ... chiefly due to the folks who paricipate, as far as I'm concerned.

An aside: It seems e-mail traffic from In Theater troops to the folks back home are still of relatively high volume, something which would indicate no near-term attack.

timber
0 Replies