I stood him up coz he was RUDE!

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 02:17 pm
I was supposed to meet my BF on 16th March... at 5pm. I left home at 4:30pm....it takes an hour to get to his place. I texted him that I'd be 30mins late and he said it was fine. I stopped over at 5pm, at a restaurant to buy him sausages... he loves them. when I was about to get back on an uber, I texted that I was still on my way, coz he'd started being impatient. by this time it was 5:20pm. Told him I'd stopped by Altona(name of restaurant) to get us some food. He said"you know what, just sit there and eat!!" This really hurt me coz the day before, (Friday), he left for home after work when he knew we were supposed to meet. Said he was tired physically and mentally,so I let him be. but dude, you should have communicated this!!! So he'd called on Saturday morning, asking for a do over which I agreed to. Fast forward to me telling him I'm getting food for us, instead of appreciating,he tells me not to bother going, to sit at the restaurant and eat. tell you what, I took that uber, my food, and headed back home. without a word to him.
After seeing that I was no longer responding to his calls or texts, he decided to take himself to the restaurant to meet me, with a bag of clothes so that we could go to my place. Except I'm not at the restaurant anymore!! I'm already home at this point. now it's my fault...somehow. after his unnecessarily, uncalled for rudeness. then he dumped me via text, I saw it on Sunday morning. We've talked abt getting married, starting a family together, the long haul typa ****. But with this erratic behaviour, is it wise to commit to him? Coz now he's back,wanting me back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 707 • Replies: 16

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 02:28 pm
Whoa - something seriously wrong with this dude.

Keep on driving and don’t turn back.

(Can you imagine him with a crying baby?)
Lorna0492

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 02:38 pm
@PUNKEY,
He's always erratic. Acting out all the time coz of petty stuff. Now that I think about it, he'd probably leave the baby there crying. I love him though, stupid I know... but I'm ready to face reality.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 02:51 pm
Narcissists are very charming - except when they don’t get first attention. Then it’s all the blame goes on the innocent person.

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 02:54 pm
@Lorna0492,
Although it might be hard now --- count yourself lucky to get out now.

He was completely unreasonable. I would have done exactly as you had - gone home and enjoyed myself a nice meal and nice relaxing evening without any drama.

The only thing I think I would have done differently is that when he dumped me via text (which in itself shows what a loser he is) - was to respond to the text with a big old "Thank you! " and then completely disconnect from him.

I honestly see no redeeming quality for this person - he response when you let him know ahead of time how you would be a little late; to his showing up at a restaurant after he told you to "not bother" - this shows little intelligence and common sense; to dumping you via text - a move that is immature at best. Put it to you this way my sixteen year old daughter has enough sense and consideration to dump her boyfriend of a month in person rather then via text.

AGain count yourself lucky to be rid of this loser and find someone with a tad more maturity.
Lorna0492

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 03:06 pm
@Linkat,
Thank you so much for your sound advice.
Might I add, after dumping me on WhatsApp, he blocked me. after seeing that I didn't have any reaction, he unblocked, texted, called... wanting back... yesterday night. I'm more mad at myself to be honest...
0 Replies

Lorna0492

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 03:09 pm
@PUNKEY,
I tell you that I'll be late, prior... then you proceed to act up. and be rude for no reason.
Covert narcissist at his best. I think I just needed reassurance coz this love business is messed up. I gotta face facts
chai2

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 03:18 pm
@Lorna0492,
Every thread you start is about your jacked up relationship with this guy.

You both have maturity problems, you your bringing up event after event is proof of that.

God help any children that come as a result of your drama.
From the view from here, God help the children out of any relationship you have, if you don’t grow up
Lorna0492

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 03:19 pm
@chai2,
Thanks.
0 Replies

Lorna0492

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 03:21 pm
@chai2,
Takes a while before one gets it together
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 03:21 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Whoa - something seriously wrong with this dude.

Keep on driving and don’t turn back.

(Can you imagine him with a crying baby?)

Perfect answer
0 Replies

mystikmind

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 04:34 pm
@Lorna0492,
Classic dodged a bullet!
0 Replies

priyuspeterson

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2019 01:41 am
@Lorna0492,
You did the right thing.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2019 06:20 pm
I think you are all being trolled.

- Who catches a 1 hour Uber ride to see their boyfriend? (this would add up to an incredible amount of money over time)

- who gets impatient 10 minutes before the person is due? Particularly when that person is spending so much time & money just to come and see them?

- who dumps a person they are talking of getting married to via text, over such stuff?

This OP has a history of similar drama filled posts.

And if by some small chance the OP isn't trolling...which seems incredibly unlikely...then they appear to love being in relationships with drama queens, then complaining about the drama.
mystikmind

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2019 07:01 pm
@vikorr,
"they appear to love being in relationships with drama queens, then complaining about the drama."

Ok well if the OP is going on the dating sites and chasing after only the most good looking of men - that's exactly what they will get.
Lorna0492

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 02:24 pm
@vikorr,
I'm not trolling. This is what actually happened.
On the contrary, I hate drama and drama kings in this case.
I just fell for the wrong guy no wonder the back and forth.
And yes, I have since walked away from the mess that was that relationship.
Thanks.
0 Replies

Lorna0492

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 02:26 pm
@mystikmind,
Well I've never been on any dating site.
0 Replies