Will I be safe from pregnancy if I do this?

hqnaaa

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 07:56 am
I have been prescribed combination birth control pills due to my cystic patterns. My boyfriend and I have decided to stop using condoms now. It's a 21 day pack and I wanted to know if I'll be safe from pregnancy if I have intercourse one day after I start the pack, which would be the third or fourth day of my period.
For example, if I start my pill pack today and have sex tomorrow, will I be safe from pregnancy? Or is there a time frame for the pills to work?

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 07:57 am
@hqnaaa,

you should really be asking your doctor this question...
chai2

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:05 am
@Region Philbis,
Indeed. Also, the person who prescribed them to you should have or did tell you how long you had to use backup BC before the pills became effective.

Until you have a definitive answer, use a backup plan, like condoms. Or else start thinking about baby names.
hqnaaa

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:09 am
@chai2,
My gyn doesn't know I'm sexually active. I'd actually like to keep it that way since she's a family friend. (Conservative family)
chai2

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:34 am
@hqnaaa,
Physicians are bound by confidentiality, and frankly I’m sure she has better things to think about.

If you’re afraid to ask your gynecologist about this, think about how you’ll feel if you have to go visit him or her about your pregnancy.

In any event, I’m sure since your last post you have now had time to google how long it takes for birth control pills to become effective.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:59 am
@hqnaaa,
hqnaaa wrote:

My gyn doesn't know I'm sexually active. I'd actually like to keep it that way since she's a family friend. (Conservative family)

Then ask the pharmacist.
chai2

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 09:55 am
@Linkat,
She'll probably tell us the pharmacist is her uncle.

What I am curious about now is what the bf is doing to find out this very important information.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 10:46 am
@hqnaaa,
Most pharmaceutical products come with a bit of folded up paper that's normally headed About This Medicine. Find it and read it.

If in doubt, use a condom.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Having read your posts i have one thing to say. Let me know what you name the baby.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2024 09:56 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Having read your posts i have one thing to say. Let me know what you name the baby.

So? The unsurprisingly unplanned baby is ... what? 4 years old by now?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2024 06:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
And why ask me?

Who am I supposed to be, Birthmaster General?
Prycejosh2024

Reply Sun 19 May, 2024 01:43 am
@hqnaaa,
I do not know much about this but i heard that contraception pills last 24 hours. I think you should get married and have kids in a committed relationship. But that is my advice. Faith is commitment.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 May, 2024 08:44 am
@Prycejosh2024,
You might want to check the date stamp your holiness.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sun 19 May, 2024 08:29 pm
@Prycejosh2024,
Prycejosh2024 wrote:

I do not know much about this

That's where you should have stopped.

Why are you dragging up all these old threads and bringing your idea of religion into them? It's getting a bit boring and predictable.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 20 May, 2024 11:08 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

And why ask me?

Who am I supposed to be, Birthmaster General?

1. Belated response but still... I wasn't asking you. I was asking Rabel.
2. Prycejosh2024 is a likely AI bot given his recent frequency in posting (number of sentences per post/frequency of posts being one every 1 or 2 minutes).
0 Replies