2

Will I be safe from pregnancy if I do this?

hqnaaa

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 07:56 am
I have been prescribed combination birth control pills due to my cystic patterns. My boyfriend and I have decided to stop using condoms now. It's a 21 day pack and I wanted to know if I'll be safe from pregnancy if I have intercourse one day after I start the pack, which would be the third or fourth day of my period.
For example, if I start my pill pack today and have sex tomorrow, will I be safe from pregnancy? Or is there a time frame for the pills to work?

Region Philbis

2  
Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 07:57 am
@hqnaaa,

you should really be asking your doctor this question...

2  
Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:05 am
@Region Philbis,
Indeed. Also, the person who prescribed them to you should have or did tell you how long you had to use backup BC before the pills became effective.

Until you have a definitive answer, use a backup plan, like condoms. Or else start thinking about baby names.
hqnaaa

-1  
Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:09 am
@chai2,
My gyn doesn't know I'm sexually active. I'd actually like to keep it that way since she's a family friend. (Conservative family)

2  
Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:34 am
@hqnaaa,
Physicians are bound by confidentiality, and frankly I’m sure she has better things to think about.

If you’re afraid to ask your gynecologist about this, think about how you’ll feel if you have to go visit him or her about your pregnancy.

In any event, I’m sure since your last post you have now had time to google how long it takes for birth control pills to become effective.

Linkat

1  
Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 08:59 am
@hqnaaa,
hqnaaa wrote:

Then ask the pharmacist.

1  
Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 09:55 am
@Linkat,
She'll probably tell us the pharmacist is her uncle.

What I am curious about now is what the bf is doing to find out this very important information.

2  
Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 10:46 am
@hqnaaa,
Most pharmaceutical products come with a bit of folded up paper that's normally headed About This Medicine. Find it and read it.

If in doubt, use a condom.
RABEL222

1  
Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 04:11 pm
Having read your posts i have one thing to say. Let me know what you name the baby.