Army Training

catch22

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 01:51 am
During camouflage training in Louisiana, a private disguised as a tree trunk had made a sudden move that was spotted by a visiting general.

"You simpleton!" the officer barked. "Don't you know that by jumping and yelling the way you did, you could have endangered the lives of the entire company?"

"Yes sir," the soldier answered apologetically. "But, if I may say so, I did stand still when a flock of pigeons used me for target practice.
And I never moved a muscle when a large dog peed on my lower branches. But When two squirrels ran up my pants leg and I heard the bigger say, "Let's eat one now and save the other until winter' --- that did it."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 495 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 09:36 am
TRUE STORY

In preparation for the DDay invasions, an exercise was carried out on Salisbury Plain (UK) involving thirty or so radio operators.

They were sent out to various locations and ordered to maintain strict radio silence, and to only respond to direct communications from HQ.
This was to test the efficiency of new radio equipment over rough terrain, and also test the skills of the operators when it came to changing frequencies, wave bands etc.

After several hours of being in total darkness with nothing happening, the operators started to get bored. All of a sudden, their radios crackled into life and a gentle voice asked "Are there any friendly bears out there?"

"Yes, I'm a friendly bear" one operator responded, "Are you a friendly bear as well". "I'm a very friendly bear" came another voice "It's nice to know there are other friendly bears out there".

This was obviously picked up by HQ, and the Colonel came on the air, and in a furious rage, bellowed "MAINTAIN RADIO SILENCE IMMEDIATELY. THE NEXT PERSON TO DISOBEY THIS ORDER WILL BE PUT INTO THE GUARDHOUSE ! "

Silence reigned for thirty seconds or so, and then a little voice said "You're not a very friendly bear, are you ! "
0 Replies