Have you heard about CSF?

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 06:14 am
Hi everyone, today my wife troubled me when she told me that she experiences sometimes drops of water like come through her nose. This happens when she leans and it happens over a long period of time interval.

Anyone heard of something like that?

chai2

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 08:21 am
@navigator,
Has she been diagnosed with CSF leaking?

Either way, she needs to be in contact with her doctor.
navigator

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 08:43 am
@chai2,
Hi Chai, thanks for stopping by . No she hasn't as she is pregnant now so we postpone seeing an ENT for the time. I understand that it should be some hit in the head or a defect maybe to get this rare condition. Which neither she had.
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 09:44 am
@navigator,
So why is her being pregnant preventing her from seeing an ENT?

Do you know that s/he is going to do something that might be harmful to a pregnancy?

You're going with the idea that "There may be something seriously wrong, but we're not going to do anything because she's pregnant." I would guess if it's something serious, it's not that great for the fetus either.

The idea of Spinal Fluid dripping from her nose, if that's what it is, certainly doesn't sound like something that you should wait on.

In any event, you don't apparantly even know what it is, and no one here is going to hazard a guess.

She needs to go to the doctor. Why are you immediatley starting with the idea of taking her to an ENT? Don't you need a referral for that anyway?

Just take her to her regular doctor and go from there. Could be many other things.
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 09:59 am
@chai2,
Oh wait.

Never mind.

I just read your previous posts.

Rolling Eyes

This is the woman who is always pregnant, there's always something wrong, but seeing a doctor doesn't occur to you.

navigator

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 10:36 am
@chai2,
What I meant that xray which is needed in her case is no good for the baby. Also, I think it is ENT part here.
jespah

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 10:42 am
Have her go to her regular doctor (even her obstetrician is fine) and ask questions. That's why you pay these folks. It's their job to answer you or find out who/how to answer you.
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 10:59 am
@navigator,
navigator wrote:

What I meant that xray which is needed in her case is no good for the baby. Also, I think it is ENT part here.

Women get xrays all the time during pregnancies.

Go to your regular doctor.

You really have no idea what is going on with her. You don't even know if xrays are needed.

BTW, does she have some say so in all this?

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 07:43 pm
@navigator,
OK, Ill ask the dumass question cause Im not gonna go and google something that will just result in me getting all freaked out because If I read about it Im Dying of it.

You mean spinal fluid is coming out her nose?? Thatw ould mean her sinus bones would be somehow pitted or broken and her brain getting air.

Damn, I wont be able to blow my nose anymore
navigator

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 07:44 pm
@jespah,
Thanks jespah, That's what I am gonna do next.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 07:47 pm
@chai2,
I think xray or CT or MRI will have an effect over the baby. She says since they are two drops every three months no worry .
navigator

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 07:48 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, it happens either an accident or birth defect.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 08:33 pm
@navigator,
navigator wrote:

I think xray or CT or MRI will have an effect over the baby. She says since they are two drops every three months no worry .

Where did you get your medical degree from? Or perhaps you’d like to ask an actual doctor.

And who said anything about a CT or MRI?

Who had even decided what the fluid coming out of her nose is?

Sounds like you have Googleitis and she might just have a runny nose

navigator

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2019 09:33 pm
@chai2,
Maybe I am going ahead of myself . You right , let's see the doctor in our next visit ..Thank you guys.
0 Replies

Kksristy

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 11:30 pm
@navigator,
Hey,a CSF leak results from a hole or tear in the dura, the outermost layer of the meninges. Causes of the hole or tear can include head injury and brain or sinus surgery. CSF leaks may also occur after lumbar puncture, also called a spinal tap or spinal anesthesia. Spontaneous CSF leaks can also occur for no known reason.
so consult the doctor near you.

Thank You

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 05:59 am
@navigator,
CSF,??

Catastrophic Snot Flowage?

I think we should make a rule that whenever someone uses an acronym or an abbreviation, they hould assume that several people are unaware of what it means. I use a lot of jrgon and I try to put in an expressive definition the first time I use it.

0 Replies