Democrats hard at work for America

nimh

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:40 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Do other A2K'rs do this kind of thing? are you politically vocal in real life - or just on a keyboard?

I do odds and ends of volunteer work for my party. Organized the leafletting/canvassing work in this city at the last parliamentary elections, together with another guy. Went canvassing at some neighbourhood fests and at a cultural festival in Rotterdam for the European elections. Was at a stand of our party's blowing balloons at two demos in Amsterdam - it's absolutely the funnest thing to do! Distributed leaflets for water board elections, air quality actions, European elections. Wrote a letter to the alderman about the city's disastrous plans to demolish one of the poorer neighbourhoods here, forcing most folks there out of their houses, went to the city council meeting where they all went to protest - just out of solidarity, kinda. Wrote an email to a Labour MP to compliment him about his work for refugees & asylum-seekers. Handed out apples with leaflets for Earth Day.

Thats about it. All in all, not that much, spread over two years or so. Most of it is just fun - but it's also for a good cause, of course. I like these hands-on activities. There's too few people ready to just do the work - everybody wants to sit on some committee or other, drafting papers and having endless meetings. Too much of that stuff going on, and I do enough of that at work.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:48 pm
I'm doing more and more. Fits and starts, getting a tiny bit more consistent. Always keeping an eye out for things I can do that fit with my life/schedule/abilities. Seems to be mostly a lot of writing so far.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 11:50 am
Since this thread has veered off he original course a bit, I think the following maintains the integrity of the thread: "Democrats hard at work for America":

Thesis:
Quote:
DAVID GELERNTER
The 'We're Smart, You're Dumb' Principle
The ugly truth is that Democrats habitually treat voters like children. It's the basis of their philosophy.

The 'We're Smart, You're Dumb' Principle
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 08:47 pm

More Clinton fundraising scandals ....

They are the biggest whores in politics.

Not the only whores...
0 Replies