Man Spits Tobacco Juice on Jane Fonda

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:22 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I think that spitting on people is reprehensible. I too would have preferred that he would have given her a huge tongue lashing.

<attempting to straighten out the hair on my neck that is standing up>

I still can't get over the fact that she was never tried for treason. I am angry that she is going to make a fortune, and have a comfortable old age, from the monies garnered from that &*(%$ book.

I saw her on Sixty Minutes, and IMO, on a scale of 0-100, her sincerity level was -5!

Take heart. At least she's not on the news and in the media 24/7 with the same level of sincerity like our elected officials. Little comfort, but there is that.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 07:43 am
She's self-centred, spoilt and arrogant. She is a pain. I don't want to hear her or read her book or see on television or film. Her politics back then were for show. She reminds me of the "beautiful people" who thought it so trendy to have Black Panthers at their Manhattan parties. She makes me sick. Her and her ilk.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 07:53 am
She's all that. So are out politicians, super corporate executives, insurance company and oil company decision makers, and the media stars we can't help but tune in to see, to name but a few.

Maybe we're the problem.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 07:59 am
blueveinedthrobber - You are painting with an awfully broad brush. I am sure that there are blackguards and knaves in both the political, the business, and the entertainment media, as there are in the rest of the population. There are also a lot of good people too, probably the majority.

I think that it is important for people to judge others individually, lest one get caught up in irresponsible prejudices.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:00 am
let me add the word many then. Better?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:03 am
Phoenix you deserve a better answer.

If people didn't flock to see Jane Fonda at this event it wouldn't have happened. If the media didn't know that people would tune in to programming about Jane Fonda in Vietnam, even after all these years, there would be no story. If Jane Fonda couldn't write a best seller that millions of people would want to buy, this would have never happened.

We feed the beast, and as the Bible says, return to the scene of the crime as a dog returns to it's own vomit. And we do it repeatedly and constantly. We're doing it right now on this forum.

Again i say, maybe we're the problem.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:12 am
BBB
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

BBB
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:33 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

BBB

i like that one, bbb!! gonna have to write it down for later use. Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:42 am
I'm suprprised no one has brought up that spitting on someone can now be considered attempted murder, what with the surge of AIDS. I wouldn't take being spit on as lightly as she did.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:18 pm
I referenced that (perhaps too obliquely) at the beginning of the thread, Squinney) when I mentioned 'bodily fluids' perhaps being the issue. It's also why I'm still of the view that pie-tossing is optimal (today's word of the day at A2K).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:18 pm
It's a crime, just as the pie throwing is.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:19 pm
tico, you are sooooo old school.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:21 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I referenced that (perhaps too obliquely) at the beginning of the thread, Squinney) when I mentioned 'bodily fluids' perhaps being the issue. It's also why I'm still of the view that pie-tossing is optimal (today's word of the day at A2K).

A pie in the face is OPTIONAL. A hair pie in the face is OPTIMAL.

Not to split hairs.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:54 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

but pie throwing is much funnier. n'yuk,n'yuk,n'yuk

while i understand what people are saying, the real problem i have with the event is that a man should never spit on a woman. period. a man should never hit a woman. period.

that's what a punk does.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:57 pm
Now DTOM's gone old school on us! Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:10 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Tico and I agee. I happens occasionally. And no one even offered Coronas and Wings this time.

I will say that as far as degree of seriousnees goes spitting is worse because of the greater chance of disease but either is assault.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:13 pm
squinney wrote:

That is old school. I would never start a physical confrontation with a woman but I would defend myself against one same a I would a man with no apologies if forced into a corner.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:20 pm
squinney wrote:

hahahahaha!! could just be the survival instinct. the wife's been workin' out a lot lately. Laughing

seriously, i think that there are some things that don't go out of style. and i don't mean "religious values" or what have you. my attitude about this comes from my father's belief in the importance of being a gentleman.

sometimes i fail at it, but i have learned to stop eating peas with a knife. Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:36 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Tico and I agee. I happens occasionally. And no one even offered Coronas and Wings this time.

I will say that as far as degree of seriousnees goes spitting is worse because of the greater chance of disease but either is assault.

It's actually a "battery," but I really don't want to "spit hairs" with you.....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:37 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
squinney wrote:

That is old school. I would never start a physical confrontation with a woman but I would defend myself against one same a I would a man with no apologies if forced into a corner.

i've only been hit (and i mean, pow! full fisted swing right in the nose) by a woman once in my life. and though the temptation was there, i chose instead to call off the engagement and sent her back to her uptight mother in kentucky.
0 Replies