please help me!

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 08:10 am
so there's this guy i like, we've talked before, and i've known him since 7th grade, i am now in 8th, soon to be a freshman in high school. i feel like that is going to make me seem more stupid for asking advice but.... whatever.

we talked in october and in november he stopped talking to me, i'm not sure why. i mean i liked him but i wasn't sure if he knew.

i swore i wasn't going to think about it anymore but....he's a really nice and funny guy and i really like him. but, recently, i've been trying to talk to him and i just can't.

it's not because he's bad at conversation or i'm bad at conversation it's just that i've been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and social anxiety. around my friends i can be as talkative as i want, but with acquaintances and others i just.....i'm not open.

i bring that up because i feel that it's my anxiety that's holding me back from talking to him and i really need help.

i'm still attempting (and sometimes!) talking to him, but for now, i resort to leaving notes in his locker sometimes ˖◛⁺⑅♡

if anyone has any conversational topics or advice would really help me out! thanks so much guys. ♡´・ᴗ・`♡

jespah

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 11:29 am
@reggietheroach,
You don't need to have an anxiety disorder to have trouble talking to people you don't know very well.

Fortunately, school has a bunch of built-in subjects.
  • Did you get the (whichever subject is appropriate for this question) assignment? I couldn't quite hear the teacher.
  • Isn't the math (or science or whatever) teacher terrible?
  • Man, our football (or baseball, chess, whatever) team stinks (or is great, or whatever)!
  • Does anybody ever actually eat in the cafeteria?
  • Are you going on the field trip?
You can do this.
mystikmind

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 05:28 pm
@reggietheroach,
You mention leaving notes in his locker?
What is his response to that so far?
alexkevin

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 07:34 am
@reggietheroach,
As you told that you are in 7th grade so it means you are in your teenage so I advice you to do those things which you think are stopping you from moving forward or learning something new, don't panic just go and talk to him and don't think you have any problem with you.
MFisc

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2019 05:46 am
@alexkevin,
AMEN
reggietheroach

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 03:09 pm
@MFisc,
in 8th, mature for my age! thanks though
0 Replies

reggietheroach

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 03:11 pm
@mystikmind,
he doesn't know yet, or so i think, so far, i think it's fine.
0 Replies

reggietheroach

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 03:12 pm
@jespah,
thank u sm!! ;_____; really appreciate it! i'll try it ( ´ ▽ ` )b
reggietheroach

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 03:13 pm
@reggietheroach,
can't edit this post but thanks to everyone who left helpful suggestions i appreciate it a whole lot u____u <3
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 03:35 pm
@reggietheroach,
Oh, I'm so glad. I remember this time well (even though I rode my dinosaur to school every day Wink ).
0 Replies