A2K Crush thread #1.

patiodog

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 01:07 am
I'd crush, but I've a squeeze elsewhere. Perhaps a pinch?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 02:46 am
Gautam wrote:
dlowan wrote:
That is the likes of me. Animule, that is me.

I wish somebody had a crush on ME!!!!

(sobs)

I do, but you never reciprocate Sad

I am crushed

I do so reciprocate!!!!!!!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 05:55 am
ehBeth wrote:
Japanese Maples are much sought after for that effect ms. K alluded to. They're big on the 'things being stolen from yards around here' list that was in the paper a couple of weeks ago.

I can see that. I've been eyeing the acer japonicas at the plant market for a while now, they're so pretty - but - expensive ...

Dys, that you? Pretty and expensive?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:00 am
He stands out in crowd---a startling, vivid individual...?

I LOVE Japanese maples. My mother just planted one amid the other boring trees in her yard. Instantly, a celebrity! All others bowing in deference.

(Heh, Eva. I bet you can't lay it on that thick.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:09 am
i still think that a weeping willow is the most beautiful thing on earth. but, not so stately as a japanese maple maybe. Plus, they come with ponds and rivers and a kelpie (kelpy?). You know, a green waterman that lives under water, has long green hair and fair green skin and a tailcoat. When he is on the ground, he is dry, only water is dripping from the tips of the tailcoat - that's how you recognize one when you meet them. And they collect souls of drowned people in little teapots under the surface.... Ummm, I am only meeting blank stares. They might be just a fiction of Czech and Slovak imagination. I'll find one and show you.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:22 am
http://www.boretice.cz/images/FotografieObecni/BoKultDrclaVodnik1.jpg

and here's what they really looked like when they roamed around czech lakes and ponds:

http://p13.cz/STOP/s0205/pic/11_vodnik.jpg
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:24 am
I see DUD-lo is crying for more attention.

"Waaaa" she said recently.

Quick, somebody start another thread about the Bunny. We are down to only three at present time. I'm sure she is bordering on inconsolable.

Ideas--

Why it's all About The Bunny.
Please Leave Homages to DUD-Lo Here.
How DUD-lo Wrested Control of A2K Without Firing A Single Shot!

Or, I'm sure you could come up with one on your own...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:30 am
Done. I just started 'Rabbit recipes". Please do visit.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:42 am
I love dagmaraka.
Isn't she special and intuitive?
Please work on your dead rabbit recipes, everyone.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:44 am
<bows humbly> Anything to further the common good of the humankind!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:46 am
Never got involved with dead rabbits before. A quick perusal on the 'net led me to a number of recipes. What I find curious though, is that many of the recipes mention that you may use either rabbit or chicken in a recipe.

Can it be???? Is it so????? Can we say, in full confidence, that rabbits, "taste like chicken"??? Laughing
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:51 am
If that is the case, we should round them all up, lock them in tiny cages and feed them gruel until we eat them.

Why did the Irish call themselves the Dead Rabbits in Gangs of New York? (Really)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:52 am
Now I really thought that I was on to something. I went to "Google" and typed in "rabbit ears". Now we all know that chickens do not have ears of any discernable size. So I thought, "Ah.............here is a rabbit dish that the bunny can call her very own. No playing 2nd fiddle to some dead poultry.

I clicked on the link, with baited breath. Here it was, a recipe for "Rabbit Ears". And then I saw, to my deep chagrin, that there are no rabbit ears in a rabbit ear recipe! Embarrassed

Recipe for Rabbit Ears
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:57 am
http://www.fact-index.com/d/de/dead_rabbits.html

Quote:
The Dead Rabbits were originally part of the Roache Guards, organized to honor the name of a Five Points liquor seller. But internal dissension developed, and at one of the gang's stormy meetings someone threw a dead rabbit into the center of the room. One of the squabbling factions accepted it as an omen and its members withdrew, forming an independent gang and calling themselves the Dead Rabbits (in the slang of the period a rabbit was a rowdy, and a dead rabbit was a very rowdy, athletic fellow.)

Sounds about right! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 10:28 am
Rabbit is much better than chicken. Just make sure you get farmed rabbit, or you'll have to pick the little gun pellets out as part of your prep.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 11:23 am
Patiodog, here's a pinch and a scratch behind your ears. I said that I have a crush on everyone on theis thread--you're all some of my favorite people.

Phoenix's rabbit ears reminded me of another good recipe for cookies called, Langues de Chats. Cats Ears. Here's the recipe:

Langues de Chat
Cat's Tongue (Cookies)
Ingredients

1/3-1/2 cup sugar
½ cup butter
1 TBS vanilla sugar
2 eggs
1 generous cup, sifted self-raising flour

Preheat the oven to 425°

1. Cut butter into pieces and beat with a wooden spatula until smooth.

2. Add 1 TBS vanilla sugar and the regular sugar to the butter and work in completely , about 5 minutes.

3. Beat in eggs, one at a time.

4. Add the sifted flour, a little at a time, whisking to blend.

5. Put mixture into a pastry bag with a round nozzle.

6. Pipe the mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Make the strips about 2 inches long.

7. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes.

8. Remove from the oven as soon as the langues de chat have started to turn golden.
=================================

These would make a nice dessert for the rabbit dinner. An international, interspecies dinner.

One request: I've heard that Australian rabbit is a little tough and, somehow, tends to bite back. Maybe we should try for a more tender rabbit. Anyone else heard this rumor?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 12:39 pm
You have to beat it with a mallet to make it tender--especially the Ozzie-rabbit....

I wonder if I should construct a Rabbit Proof Fence...

(Saw the movie by that name recently...) Rabbits do seem to have been at the center of much controversy not too long ago... Not unlike other locales... Smile

How did Oz finally rid themselves of the critters? Back in the Overwhelming Bunny days?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 12:43 pm
(thanks, diane. i was offering pinch to the cross bunny, but... well, belly rubs are appreciated.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 12:45 pm
Sofia wrote:
You have to beat it with a mallet to make it tender--especially the Ozzie-rabbit....

I wonder if I should construct a Rabbit Proof Fence...

(Saw the movie by that name recently...) Rabbits do seem to have been at the center of much controversy not too long ago... Not unlike other locales... Smile

How did Oz finally rid themselves of the critters? Back in the Overwhelming Bunny days?

They didn't. They tried myxomatosis. Now they've got a bunch of bunnies who don't get myxomatosis. (Or did you ozzies finally kill the buggers off?)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 03:52 pm
Found another bug. Kalesi virus.

Now they'll become immune to that,

Actually, it escaped from its testing island, and released itself, so the release was not as deadly as it should have been.
0 Replies