A2K Crush thread #1.

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 09:36 pm
Ok, I'm picturing it and it sounds cool to me. Can I take it for a spin?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:50 pm
Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:56 pm
I am a bit concerned about nimh. He keeps saying things like this...

Quote:
Hey! Now I can see them again! Can you see them too?

I don't know.... I'm just getting this creepy feeling and I'm not sure I want to drive the bus if he's sitting behind me. What if he starts screaming, "There they are again! Can you see them! Oh, God! can you see them? Help me, help me please!"

And then he might pull out a knife and start slashing at chimeras and inadvertently stab me in the neck. I would of course be defenseless, because I'd be concentrating on the road.

Unless someone can convince me that nimh is stable..... I ain't drivin' the damn bus.

Find someone else.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:02 pm
Nimh? Nimh is just fine, don' you worry, Gusso.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:22 pm
Since I'm in Connecticut and Dys is in Denver, I'll bake an extra batch of my favorite Alice B. Toklas brownies and eat and dream, eat and dream.
I miss you, Dys!! Can we have a virtual meeting on the bus??? I'll bring brownies for everyone.

Blatham,nimh is just fine, very creative and inquiring, never dangerous, so pay attention to Lola and don't worry about nimh.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:27 pm
Well, goddam, gus! What are you going to do, let him drive?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:41 pm
Diane, I would like to try one of your brownies but I am wary, wary. I once had about six in the lab when working overtime, and ferreted about for a snack, and had startling effects from same.

I'm older now, of course, and can probably deal with the effects of one virtual delicacy.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:58 pm
Smile
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:01 am
may i have a few of your famous brownies for thanksgiving dinner Diane? please?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:24 am
Mikey,honey, I made plenty for everyone.

Osso, did have any crazy results from your tests after eating those magic brownies?

Boy does this date me--I last made those brownies in the 60's in San Francisco. Groovy!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:25 am
No, I know when to quit.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:26 am
i never learned when to quit.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:29 am
Actually, I was a naif then, believe it or not. Trust me, I wouldn't have eaten six on purpose, I just happened to be very hungry and dismissed my colleagues nuanced presentation of the brownies earlier in the day. I always have loved chocolate...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:30 am
Quit lab work, that is.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:31 am
Lola was quite polite when she asked me....

Quote:
........ Can I get you anything?

As a matter of fact, Lola, you can. In the back of the bus, under the last seat on the driver's side, there is a small duffel bag. Reach inside and grab me a screwdriver, window cleaner, and the October, 1948 issue of National Geographic. (It has a wildebeest being devoured by several lions on the cover.)

Also, a tuna fish sandwich and a tall glass of Mountain Dew.

Thanks, Lola.... you're a real sweetheart.

Gus
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 11:20 am
Oh, can this be anymore exciting!!! nimh, can I take over for you for awhile? You must be getting tired of driving. Mikey, you wanna split a brownie with me? I can't eat too much because I'm driving.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 11:56 am
Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 02:13 pm
Well... those spots on the cover, er... I can explain that. They were from... what did you say... they were from my Mountain Dew?

Yeah... yeah, that's right, that's what it was, my Mountain Dew.

I'm glad you could sit here for a bit, Lola. Whew! Is it hot in here? I can hardly friggin' breathe.

Say, can you open that window, Lola?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:38 pm
I don't think I believe Gus when he says the spot was from Mountain Dew!!! Does anyone else thing Gus might be telling a fib?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:39 pm
Were his lips moving?
0 Replies