Ted Nugent-Stupid, Crazy Bastard

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:20 pm
The article says it all. the headline of this post of course is my opinion. Yours may differ.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050418/D89HG71G0.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,900 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:23 pm
How can you argue with that?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:05 pm
Apart from being a nutter, who is this bloke? Is he a celebrity nutcase or something? An ex-con? Did he used to play for a death metal band and has gone establishment? Any ideas?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:07 pm
Off his rocker.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:13 pm
He's a nut job.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:17 pm
I'm a little acorn brown
Lying on the cold cold ground
People come and step on me
That is why I'm cracked, you see.

I'm a nut (click) (click)
I'm crazy

Took myself to the movie show
Sat right down on the very first row
Wrapped my arms around my waist
Got so fresh I slapped my face!

I'm crazy
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 02:53 pm
goodfielder wrote:
Apart from being a nutter, who is this bloke? Did he used to play for a death metal band and has gone establishment?

Surprised you never heard of him.

Starting out as a "genius" 17 year old guitarist on the late 60's record, Journey to The Center Of The Mind, he became a big star in his own band in the 1970's, where he also took over the vocals. He gradually became known as a wild man on stage, appearing in loin cloths and swinging around like Tarzan.

He had a reputation as quite the guitarist, and his big hits Cat Scratch Fever and Wango Tango were all guitar oriented.

Despite the seemingly intellectual theme of Journey..., he really was just a rock-as-big-party star with little to say except sexual boasting. The package worked, his band was a big hit for years, he still records, but his rep as a guitar player is somewhat overrated-nobody ever talks about Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Ted Nugent.

Arising in age where rock was taken seriously by adults, Nugent admitted that his audience was a bunch of 15 year olds who were looking to explore their wild side.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 02:56 pm
A deep thinker, he ain't, but I doubt Ted would consider that a criticism.

While he advocates shooting all sorts of miscreants (rapists, pederasts), I don't see him mentioning morons. Pity...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 02:57 pm
I use to Like Ted, but he has recently joined my **** list along with Toby Keith!

Couple of nut jobs!!!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 03:02 pm
"Shooting child molesters"

Yes, he says that now.

However, in his heyday there was the small matter of getting himself appointed legal guardian of his 17 year old girlfriend-he was well over 30 at the time.

And then there are these rumors about him and a 14 year old Courtney Love. I thought she was Australian-she couldn't have been out of school that early.

Regardless, the 17 year old was NOT the only teenager Nugent was known to be with-his taste ran to teenagers.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 03:19 pm
Go figure!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 03:27 pm
Does this mean cjhsa won't be associating with us anymore?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 03:34 pm
Nah... CJ takes a lickin and keeps on tickin :-D
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 03:36 pm
(I was going by the article, where Nuge says that NRA members should only associate with other NRA members.)

(I'm assuming about cjhsa -- maybe he isn't!) (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 03:43 pm
Ahhh, I got ya! Well, CJ knows where I stand on things and he hasn't written me off yet, so I hope Ted doesn't pull him under, heehee.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 03:48 pm
Thank you for the info. Now I vaguely remember him. If he was big around the time of Pink Floyd then there's a reason I don't recall him well. I spent a couple of years in an isolated community in the early 1970s (no, I wasn't doing time) and commercial radio wasn't available. Looks like I didn't miss much though people tell me Pink Floyd were okay.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:26 am
Shocked

Pink Floyd are not merely "okay." Those who tell you that are not your friends and should not be trusted.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:31 am
careful with that axe, Tico
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:46 am
"Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em!" he screamed to applause. "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em." [YAAAARRRRR!!!!]

He's the Howard Dean of the NRA.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:46 am
Crazy and stupid as a fox, I suppose. I do not agree with his views but his career and name was virtually forgotten until he latched on with the NRA.

Now he is almost a household name again.
0 Replies