Amy Klobuchar - 2020 Presidential Candidate

revelette1

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 09:48 am
I would have to look deeper into Amy Klobuchar record before making any decision one way or another if I would support her or not. But I have to admit if the rumors (or fact whichever) are true, it doesn't speak well for self control to my mind.
maporsche

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 09:59 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

But I have to admit if the rumors (or fact whichever) are true, it doesn't speak well for self control to my mind.

They seem, to me
a) quite exaggerated
b) anonymous
c) out of context
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:04 pm
Unless she was under attack, there is no context that improves physical assault on employees, but way to lawyerspeak physical assault, Satan’s underpants.

Unless you were there, how the **** do you claim ‘quite exaggerated’? Are you on the payroll??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 06:01 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I would have to look deeper into Amy Klobuchar record before making any decision one way or another if I would support her or not.

if she is the Democratic nominee - running against #45 - what will you do?
Lash

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 06:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Throw a goddamn preemptive stapler at her ffs.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 08:22 am
@ehBeth,
If binder incident was only the one time, I would vote for her regardless of how her voting record is. Otherwise, I would just hope she doesn't get the democrat nomination.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 07:32 pm
@roger,
You cannot in Illinois. One has to go to the count seat. But one can register at any post office for the draft.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 08:58 am
Amy Klobuchar Proposes $1 Trillion Infrastructure Plan

Senator Amy Klobuchar’s campaign said the infrastructure plan would be her top budget priority as president.

By Lisa Lerer
March 28, 2019

Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota unveiled a plan Thursday to spend a trillion dollars in federal funds to upgrade the country’s infrastructure, the first policy announcement of her campaign for the Democratic nomination for president.

The proposal would use a combination of federal dollars, tax subsidies and loan guarantees for state and local governments to upgrade not only crumbling roads, highways and bridges, but also schools, airports, water systems, internet access, public transit and energy systems.

In a statement, Ms. Klobuchar’s campaign said the infrastructure plan would be her top budget priority as president, with the goal of turning it into reality in her first year in office through a combination of legislation and executive actions.

On the campaign trail, Ms. Klobuchar has presented herself to voters as a seasoned pragmatist who could bridge political divides to get policies passed in Washington.

She has pointed to her experience assembling a bipartisan coalition to quickly rebuild the Interstate 35 W bridge in Minneapolis after it collapsed in 2007, killing 13 people and injuring dozens. Working with then-Senator Norm Coleman, a Republican, Ms. Klobuchar secured more than $250 million in emergency funding within days.

“We got that thing rebuilt in 13 months,” she told voters at a town hall event in Rye, N.H., on Saturday. “I believe as president you use those skills. I know where those rural senators are, I know exactly what we need to build that coalition, and you get a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan through the U.S. Senate.”

Beyond $650 billion in direct federal spending, Ms. Klobuchar’s plan would create an independent federal infrastructure bank and reinstate Build America Bonds, an Obama administration program that provided state and local governments with a 35 percent subsidy to offset borrowing costs. It would also create two bond programs that would aim to expand clean energy tax incentives and spur private sector investment.

The increased infrastructure spending would be offset by raising the corporate tax rate to 25 percent, the campaign said, establishing new fees on large banks and increasing the penalties on companies that move jobs overseas.

Ms. Klobuchar is the first candidate in the 2020 race to release an infrastructure proposal, though others have unveiled policies for increasing taxes on the ultra-wealthy, breaking up the country’s largest technology companies, creating subsidies for newborns and raising teacher pay.

While Ms. Klobuchar advocates a bigger role for government, she doesn’t go as far as some of her rivals. She has described the expansive climate change initiative known as the Green New Deal as “aspirations,” and she has questioned the feasibility of proposals for free college and “Medicare for all.”

Aides to Ms. Klobuchar say there is bipartisan agreement around fixing the country’s infrastructure. As a candidate, President Trump proposed spending $1 trillion to address it, and last year his administration presented a $1.5 trillion proposal, including $200 billion in federal money. That plan, which contained few details or specifics on how the funding would work, received a lukewarm reception from Congress and the country’s governors.

“His plan is a mirage,” Ms. Klobuchar’s campaign said in a statement. “Amy has a concrete, common-sense proposal that will invest in our future and make sure our country’s infrastructure is second to none.”
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 11:07 am
There's a very similar plan in the Dem's 'Better Deal' platform.

Would be great if it really happens.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 02:33 pm
Posted elsewhere as well.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/01/amy-klobuchar-tax-returns-1247624

Klobuchar releases 12 years of tax returns

The returns cover from 2006-2017 – every year she has been a candidate for federal office.

This woman would make a wonderful president.
Lash

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 02:49 pm
@maporsche,
Hahaha! Based on what?? Her aim at an unpaid intern’s head with a stapler???

Your political opinion is priceless.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 05:25 pm
Ah yes, Lashing out at the Democrats, what she does best.
Lash

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 05:32 pm
@Setanta,
Ahhhh yes. The weaselly man who can’t make any arguments, so he cowers behind ad hominem—the cheapest form of response.

She’s an abuser of her staff. It’s a fact. That’s a terrible illegal immoral unsupportable behavior.

If Bernie did it, you’d be bleating from the **** fields. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Why protect criminals?? Are you on the payroll?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 09:56 am
Amy Klobuchar’s 2020 Campaign Says It Raised $5.2 Million

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEIQK8ZCzXeKQr36AlYX6I0kqFwgEKg8IACoHCAowjuuKAzCWrzwwt4QY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Sounds like this puts her right in front of Cory Booker.

Quote:
Ms. Klobuchar’s campaign said its average online donation was $40, and that 85 percent of all contributors gave less than $100.
0 Replies