Double Standard Boyfriend!!

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:46 am
This guy I've been dating is conservative, I'm not...I'm broad minded and liberal. I don't have a problem with him being conservative coz I can flow with just about anyone, either conservative or liberal like I am. The problem I have with him is he's overly judgemental.
Yall know couples gossip abt other people in their privacy, right? So yesterday I went to his place... We started talking about a friend of mine and I told him she'd slept with a guy she's known for 2months on Valentine's Day. So boyfriend starts to say... "You know your circle of friends, just look at their behaviour... I feel like you're just like them." Wtf. 🙄
On the other hand, he tells me abt his guy friend who sleeps around with multiple girls... and another of his guy friends who also hit on my boyfriends ex when they broke up. So I chose to hit back. I told him that if that's the case then he's like his friends as well right? That I should also reconsider this relationship. It's only fair.
I find it so childish that this is even an issue... but I feel he's immature for behaving so erratic. I wanna take a step back, our personalities clash coz he's so judgemental. What do you make of this? please advice.

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 12:08 pm
@Lorna0492,
Don't gossip to him about your friends if you want to maintain this relationship. And don't listen when he wants to gossip. Change the subject. Sports, work, the weather, anything.

Hell, don't gossip at all. It's nasty.
0 Replies