Proof of WMD's in Canada

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:53 pm
then you really SHOULD keep your day job.
I wonder what there was, for which we were falling.

1 Sense of humor? I think not because it wasnt even a good goof

2 Try to make us think that you were a bit off the bubble, so to speak? perhaps, that may be it. If thats the case, good go, youve managed to convince many of us, me included , that perhaps you were totally missing your prop.

3 Try to convince us that you were possessed. I thought about that as being the most believable since I felt issuing forth from your keys, from down deep beneath where satan does not yet control, a quiet yet resolute call for help.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:57 pm
Is this Margarat Thatcher's vocation?
pretending to be Prince Stephen who.......
Quote:
Now.. at the end of our story Prince Stephen Frederick during World War II dressed
as Hermann Goering of the Luftwaffe double posing as President of Prussia killing
Hermann Goering and Adolf Hitler in his own name.[/qoute]
I would guess Mrs Thatcher looks good in pants. But I never thought of her as a poser.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:58 pm
Now THAT was funny
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:03 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
WTF, Mate?

That's a gem . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:08 pm
Them Canajuns . . . you cain't trust 'em. They act all perlite and "scuse me," "sorry," "Good day, eh?" But then ya gits ta know 'em. My sweetiepie's little dog is just the most well-mannered, socialable type--unless i got a bag a doughnuts in my hand. Then i have to keep him on a short lease, lest he offer to rip your leg to shreds if you get within ten feet of us . . . doughnuts, now that doggie is a true Canajun . . .

I'm tellin' ya, ya just cain't trust America Junior . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:13 pm
I like the Californians hanging with Hawaiians as a resolution... mate.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:41 pm
iS THERE A STASHU OF TIM HORTON IN CANAJIA?
i ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE.
Hey set, soon gonna need a passport for yer donut excursions.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:45 pm
No, Pres. Bush says he's shocked, shocked to learn that passports might be required for such trips. We have nothing to worry about, I'm sure....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 04:13 pm
Don't know about statues, but here's a piccie of him, FM . . .

http://www.mapleleafs.com/images/tradition/alumni/horton_photo.jpg

I've always felt, actually, that Horton was one saavy Canajun, using his NHL salary to finance a doughnut chain in Canada--like printin' yer own money. I've heard tell, but don't know to a certainty, the ol' Tim was killed in an automobile accident in Detroit thirty years or so ago . . .
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 04:29 pm
I googled Tim Horton, and the corporate site confirms what you say, setanta. Looked to me like Tim's business partner made the chain what it is, but Tim, of course, had the name recognition.

And may say, old man, how nice it is see you amongst us again. Am I wrong--or have you been away for a while?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 04:37 pm
I've been mostly gone, and really should not be here now. Although i am a private person, and tire of repeating it, i think an old hand like you deserves to know. I am having severe vision problems, and have for months reserved my squinting a squiggly little letters on a computer screen for work.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 04:53 pm
Aha. Sorry to learn of this. Getting older can be a drag (I speak from experience) but it beats the alternative. Most days, anyhow...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 05:34 pm
I just remind myself that when Alexander the Great was my age, he had been dead for twenty years--and then i get on with it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 11:28 pm
Thanks for the info about Tim Horton.

Hockey was my second guess.

My first was curlin.

Set, sorry about the eye problem.Ever use a diffraction grate lens?. They are made into varying sized flat plates and can be mounted on an adjustable free standing picture frame. You can move em in or out as much as you wish to blow up the letters to a nice convenient crayon size. My first one I stole off an overhead projector. Theres tons of em layin around in old school warehouses now that everybody uses PC projectors for their "POWER POINT" presentations.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 11:39 pm
Tim Horton's has made it to Australia - sort of. On our east coast there's a guest house owned by a Canadian couple. They have Tim Horton's coffee but they won't sell it to anyone but Canadians.

<grumble>

But at least I have my Tim's travel mug.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 11:44 pm
Set. I like farmer's idea. A cheaper, portable version can be found in many department stores. It's a large plastic magnifying sheet. I have friends who use them for maps ect.

Pepsi owns Timmy's now. One more canadian icon sold down the river...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 01:58 am
Pepsi used ta own Michael Jackson, too . . . but now they disavow all knowledge . . .
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 03:52 am
This is what I love about A2K. There's the magical moment when everyone forgets about the ORIGINAL topic and just riffs on whatever happens to be foremost in their mind. Blah, f&cking blah.......

But REALLY - did GC forget her meds or something or take up with Gus for a life of sodomy and over-proof illicit liquor?? And where the hell is Gus anywhere??
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 06:38 am
I think Gus is still wandering around in the Maritime Provinces somewhere, trying to blow up Halifax from a previous thread.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 05:17 pm
?
Whose Tim Horton?
0 Replies