Is it ok to get examined by dad?

Tue 29 Jan, 2019 07:08 pm
I am 16 year old male and my dad asked me yesterday if he can check my penis and testicals so he can see if I have developed normally. When I was younger I had some problem with my foreskin. He is a medical tehnician.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,017 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

maxdancona

Tue 29 Jan, 2019 08:09 pm
@Joshuasmith16,
If you feel uncomfortable with it, then it is not OK.

Tell your dad respectfully that you don't feel comfortable... it is normal for teens to want to have their space. I never checked the genitals of my children after they were out of diapers.

If there is a medical issue you can talk to your doctor.
Joshuasmith16

Tue 29 Jan, 2019 08:26 pm
@maxdancona,
I guess I dont feel unconfortable it is just that I wanted to ask if somebody have had a similar situation. I dont think he means anything wrong he is probably concerned because I ve never asked him about that stuff and when I was 4 I had a testical problem so maybe he wants to be sure I am okay. But in any case I need to think about it.
maxdancona

Tue 29 Jan, 2019 08:34 pm
@Joshuasmith16,
It is perfectly normal for a teenager to not want to be naked in front of his parents.

Go see a doctor if there is a concern. A doctor doesn't have anything more than a professional connection with you... and that makes it much less uncomfortable.

I think you should say no.
Joshuasmith16

Tue 29 Jan, 2019 09:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Okay I will take that in consideration
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Wed 30 Jan, 2019 10:10 am
I sense no problem doing it. Is your dad qualified to make this medical decision. I never had any qualms about full exposure to my dad
0 Replies

Thordana

Thu 31 Jan, 2019 04:34 am
@Joshuasmith16,
Relax, you shouldn't think a lot of this. My grandmother was a doctor and she saw a lot in her life, so I'm not ashamed with her and I rather go to her first than a professional.
0 Replies