Unusual hard lumps on the side of my penis.

Tue 14 May, 2013 11:33 am
Hi there,

I'm 13 years old and since about 1-2 years ago, I've noticed a single strange lump under my foreskin on the side of my penis. It never really bothered me before, but now, I believe it has gotten more harder. I presume it was slightly soft when I first noticed it. When I touch it, it doesn't hurt, but it does when I slightly squeeze it. It's becoming a slight problem now since I very rarely have occasions when it starts hurting for no reason. It's not really painful, but then again, not something I would like to experience. Also, when erect, it seems to become smaller in size and I almost can't even feel it when touching the area.

It's the size of a pea. Please note, it is NOT white. It is under my foreskin and the same color and tone of my skin. Also, when the strange pains occur, it forces me to slightly pee, never has induced any sort of bleeding.

I would like to know what doctor to consult and what could happen in the end.

View best answer, chosen by Haiken
  Selected Answer
Tue 14 May, 2013 11:59 am
If you're 13 yrs old, tell your parents ASAP. Have you asked them about it yet? If not, why not?

Most likely, they'll make you an appointment VERY SOON with your regular family doctor. At some point, if there's more diagnosing needed, your family physician might suggest you see a Urologist.
Tue 14 May, 2013 12:11 pm
It's the dreaded black clap . . . it will eat holes in your dick, and then it will fall off.
0 Replies
Tue 14 May, 2013 12:51 pm
How exactly do I tell my parents? It sounds weird if I were to just go up to them and say I found a lump on the side of my penis. The whole discussion would be very awkward for me. Also, I guess it's just some psychological fear for me, since I did some research beforehand and the resulting procedures that are done in these situations might have affected me.
Tue 14 May, 2013 01:02 pm
Then tell them you have headaches. Just have them get you to your pediatrician. It matters more that you get there, than how you do.
0 Replies
Tue 14 May, 2013 01:20 pm
It's far simpler and more important than you think it is. You open your mouth and tell them. After all, this not be something trivial. They're rightfully concerned for your well being. Also it's their job to make sure there's medical assistance obtained when you have this sort of issue. Get over your discomfort about this sort of discussion. This is about your health. After all, you didn't cause this problem.

Once you tell them, they'll make an appointment and you'll have a solution to the problem. Get over your discomfort as you're delaying the problem being corrected.
0 Replies
Tue 14 May, 2013 06:45 pm
I have a 12 year old son so I really do understand why it might be difficult for you to speak to your parents but it IS really important that you do so.

Talk to your dad first, that might be easier. Just tell him "I found a lump in my penis and I need to see a doctor." Let your dad tell your mom.

To your doctor it's just another part of your body. They've seen it all so don't be nervous about talking to him/her.

And stay away from the internet in the meantime. They always give you the worst possible scenario first.
Tue 14 May, 2013 07:30 pm
When I was about 12 I found something strange on my breast, and yes, it was weird and awkward going to my mom, but I did.

I'm glad I did, because I was scared. She took me to the doctor, and everything turned out fine.

0 Replies

Related Topics

Immortality and Doctor Volkov - Discussion by edgarblythe
Sleep Paralysis - Discussion by Nick Ashley
On the edge and toppling off.... - Discussion by Izzie
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
PTSD, is it caused by a blow to the head? - Question by Rickoshay75
THE GIRL IS ILL - Discussion by Setanta
  1. Forums
  2. » Unusual hard lumps on the side of my penis.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/22/2024 at 08:15:15